• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PewPewK

Any of you guys with a dakimakura have a S/O?

Just curious how they reacted to it. This isn't meant to be a negative post, honestly curious.

I do not, but this question pops up a lot and has some answers over on /r/Dakimakura's...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dakimakuras/comments/1y5ais/dakimakuras_and_your_significant_other/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Dakimakuras/comments/287r7z/curios_about_this_hobby/

And if we're on the subject of daki's, myself and my two roommates did a joint order with the folks at AcHobby. They're an awesome Hong Kong doujin circle that sells their covers for a much cheaper price ($75/per instead of a more usual $120/per), ship internationally, and print their covers to order so you never have to worry about stock running out.

NSFW Gallery, again...

Ultimadrago

Any of you guys with a dakimakura have a S/O?

Just curious how they reacted to it. This isn't meant to be a negative post, honestly curious.

I don't have one, but if I did I would staple it on the ceiling. No date that walks in would know the better.

She is my so and her name is Kimiko.

SuRqRXg.jpg

Put a ring on it.

Einbroch

Banned
She is my so and her name is Kimiko.

SuRqRXg.jpg

I...should have expected this.

I do not, but this question pops up a lot and has some answers over on /r/Dakimakura's...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dakimakuras/comments/1y5ais/dakimakuras_and_your_significant_other/

And if we're on the subject of daki's, myself and my two roommates did a joint order with the folks at AcHobby. They're an awesome Hong Kong doujin circle that sells their covers for a much cheaper price ($75/per instead of a more usual $120/per), ship internationally, and print their covers to order so you never have to worry about stock running out.

NSFW Gallery, again...

Thanks for the links.

I don't have one, but if I did I would staple it on the ceiling. No date that walks in would know the better.

I can see nothing wrong with this plan.

Einbroch

Banned
C8yPdsh.gif

But in all seriousness I would like a gigantic pillow, would not want any characters on it though.

My girlfriend and I both have gigantic pillows to hug. They're awesome. No pictures on them, though.

I don't see anything wrong with it, but then again, I don't see a point. You're smashing them between your arms and legs. You're murdering your waifu every night.

My girlfriend and I both have gigantic pillows to hug. They're awesome. No pictures on them, though.

I don't see anything wrong with it, but then again, I don't see a point. You're smashing them between your arms and legs. You're murdering your waifu every night.

Yeah, I can see the comfort but for the most point the character base one can be posters or something, but I don't own one so my inputs not much. But to each to their own if people want pictures on it they can.

Hmmmmm I should look for a gigantic pillow at Ikea or somewhere when I can, would be better than my current set up of 4 pillows XD

omlet

Hmmmmm I should look for a gigantic pillow at Ikea or somewhere when I can, would be better than my current set up of 4 pillows XD

I have a hard enough time sleeping on any pillow that's more than two inches thick and a mattress that isn't firm enough to bounce coins off of how do you guys do it.

I have a hard enough time sleeping on any pillow that's more than two inches thick and a mattress that isn't firm enough to bounce coins off of how do you guys do it.

Lol truth is my pillows and mattress are that firm etc XD just feel that I could find a pillow better that may be better for my neck. And after having a firm mattress, I feel awful on any soft mattresses I sit or sleep in, they feel so flimsy XD

kewlmyc

C8yPdsh.gif

But in all seriousness I would like a gigantic pillow, would not want any characters on it though. Would be good for the neck as well.

I have a full body pillow, they're only $10 at Target. It's comfortable as all hell. I just have two regular pillow covers for it though. To me, buying a dakimakura is the point of no return.

NSFW Gallery, again...

I...I should not have clicked that link to the figure subreddit in one of those links....I am never buying a used figure again.

That being said I have thought about buying one from time to time. Believe it or not for non pervy reasons. I have a throw size pillow one of Yui from K-On it sits on my couch and does nothing more than make me smile when I see it. I left that out once when I had a girl I was dating for a while and she at first wondered why I had it then really never mentioned it again. We had a few more dates after that so she didn't run for the hills like I would expect most people would if they saw that or a full size pillow.

Maybe one day I will buy one...Ami put one up this week that really had my attention but I can't get past having it. Let alone the sheer cost of buying one is ridiculous for just a pillow.

chrono01

Dakimakura GAF: Where Pillow Talk Really Is Pillow Talk!

[I actually own a few dakimakura casing, but no actual pillow yet. I must correct that one of these days...]

PewPewK

thats 100 bucks before shipping, and proxy lol

Yep, and oh so worth it. I bought mine when I was in Japan, then compressed it and brought it back with me on the flight in my suitcase.

My friend bought one recently and had it proxied, all together was about $130. Really not that bad, I mean it's just the price of one nice figure for a comfy pillow you can sleep with every night.

I...I should not have clicked that link to the figure subreddit in one of those links....I am never buying a used figure again.

4chan always jokes about pre-owned figures always coming pre-hotglued, but to be honest, the percentage of figures that are that then make it onto the second hand market are probably 0.000000000001%. The Japanese themselves would never do that, and nor would most non-Japanese collectors.

Dakimakura GAF: Where Pillow Talk Really Is Pillow Talk!

[I actually own a few dakimakura casing, but no actual pillow yet. I must correct that one of these days...]

Depending on how much you want to spend, I know some relatively cheap options for stuffings you can get. Cheapest you can reasonably get is probably $50 with shipping for a 150x50 inner-stuffing. Or you can always go the awesome route and get the legit $130 pillows (worth it).

chrono01

Depending on how much you want to spend, I know some relatively cheap options for stuffings you can get. Cheapest you can reasonably get is probably $50 with shipping for a 150x50 inner-stuffing. Or you can always go the awesome route and get the legit $130 pillows (worth it).
Thanks for the offer.

Yeah, when I do purchase a pillow it will be the legit/authentic ones. I figure it's something that will do me a long while so I might as well spend the extra $$$ for the "real" thing.

PewPewK

i really want that racing miku

what do i do

Considering her. I like her, but kinda want to hold off for a bit.

the sepang one? I'm eyeballing it. I think i messed up on the original. I wanted the GSC 2013 but was like "THEY'LL OVERPRODUCE HER AND I'LL GET IT CHEAP"

yeah so far im wrong.

It may not have gotten super cheap, but it hasn't gone up in price. Looking at Mandarake's price, they've been selling her for like 7,000 JPY and I found a number new on Amazon JP for 8,000 JPY. So her price is just stable.

It could be much, much worse.

Considering her. I like her, but kinda want to hold off for a bit.

It may not have gotten super cheap, but it hasn't gone up in price. Looking at Mandarake's price, they've been selling her for like 7,000 JPY and I found a number new on Amazon JP for 8,000 JPY. So her price is just stable.

It could be much, much worse.

the price hasn't gotten up or down but they haven't had her in a long time. I check everyday and I have yet to see one on mandarake in the past few weeks

kewlmyc

I want a dakimakura sometimes. But I don't know how well that would go over.

It's one of the few things you can't really explain. Figures can be explained as art since they're pretty much PVC mini sculptures. Dakimakuras can't really be explained at all, especially the new ones. If you don't care about other's opinions and don't have people constantly over, then go for it.

PewPewK

the price hasn't gotten up or down but they haven't had her in a long time. I check everyday and I have yet to see one on mandarake in the past few weeks

I assume you have her setup on FigInStock, right?

If you must, you can always just order her off Amazon JP and use BiJ's forwarding service. It'd only add 500 JPY to her price.

Einbroch

Banned
Man, you could make a ton of money flipping figures, couldn't you?

Do people actually pay the ridiculous eBay/Crunchyroll/Amazon prices on some of these figures?

PewPewK

Man, you could make a ton of money flipping figures, couldn't you?

Do people actually pay the ridiculous eBay/Crunchyroll/Amazon prices on some of these figures?

Yes and no. Yes, you can sell *some* of the most popular items for a large price increase on eBay or Amazon, but keep in mind both of those take a pretty large chunk of your earnings unless you're paying a lot to be a premium seller. If you tried to sell the same item for the same ridiculous price increase on a site like MFC, you'd never get a bite, but you end up making almost the same because you don't lose any % of your total sale price to a third party (well you lose a bit to PayPal, but I adjust prices accordingly).

I assume you have her setup on FigInStock, right?

If you must, you can always just order her off Amazon JP and use BiJ's forwarding service. It'd only add 500 JPY to her price.

naw i don't use figinstock. I just check everyday. I mean I will get it in time. No rush but so far the idea backfire hard. It didn't backfire for 2012 >_> i got her for 5k

*looks at the box*

Yes, definitely yes. EMS-only. It's about the same size as Insane Black Rock Shooter, if you own her. Maybe a bit smaller. She's relatively heavy too.

Eh. Don't feel like paying $170 for her. I'll wait until an Asuka shows up.

Asuka hasn't been counterfeited yet, has she?

omlet

Hey Chrono, is Deep Sea Miku one of those mandatory-EMS figures? I thought I might get one, but I think I want Asuka more.

Her box is pretty big. I don't have her but I saw it at AX. If my Alter Gwendolyn was EMS-onry then shinkai shoujo miku definitely would be too.

PewPewK

Since we're on the topic of dakimakura, behold! The future!

They also specialize in one dealing with "Hometown".

Haha, not really new, but only works with a few covers.

There's also some that allow for modular removal of clothing, but I forgot where the links to those are...

I love this guy, by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErOqVN3hbxo

Oh god... Hopefully no one has done this with nendoroids...

They have. I've seen photos. Cannot unsee.

chrono01

Oh god... Hopefully no one has done this with nendoroids...
If you can imagine it chances are it's already been done.

Scary, I know.

Asuka hasn't been counterfeited yet, has she?
Nope, not that I can see.

Haha, not really new, but only works with a few covers.

There's also some that allow for modular removal of clothing, but I forgot where the links to those are...
I actually have a "3D" dakimakura that I got for free [well, not "free", it came bundled with a Dengeki G magazine]. It's of Matsunaga Tsubame from "Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!".

Never heard about them taking it beyond that, though. I guess I shouldn't be surprised [see my earlier comment]. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom