• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PewPewK

I mostly hang out on 4chan's buyf/a/g threads and reddit, so 4chan has definitely desensitized me to all levels of weirdness.

Seriously, this thread is tame in comparison to the discussions I'm used to.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The future was the one that had two pillow covers so you basically slipped one off to simulate undressing them.

I'm not making that up.

Came back in this thread and it's all

rQeCCSe.jpg

Caladrius

I need a job.

As things are I can't buy anything. :/

Hmmmmmmmmm

I feel like such things aren't as interesting as pecs or butts

At least its the wave of the future

Nah, if I'm going to get a lewd figure it's giant squeezable pecs or bust.
Insert lame man-bust joke here.

meijiko

Last two anime cons I went to, I saw some doujin Avengers mousepads. Distinctly remember Loki's ass and Captain America's pecs.

omlet

So today switched ISPs and will now be paying only 36$/mo instead of 78$/mo for almost the same speeds.

I see more figures in my future.

fuck off time warner and never come back

meijiko

So the thing about dakimakura in my case is that I would have no idea how to present something like that to my husband.

It's like, I want one. He probably wouldn't be surprised if I told him I wanted one. But then he'd ask me why I felt I needed one, and I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

Not to mention they don't really make decent covers of the characters I'd want, at least not officially. And if I were to get past that mental barrier of shame to actually own one, I'd want to go all out with an official one.

So the thing about dakimakura in my case is that I would have no idea how to present something like that to my husband.

It's like, I want one. He probably wouldn't be surprised if I told him I wanted one. But then he'd ask me why I felt I needed one, and I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

Not to mention they don't really make decent covers of the characters I'd want, at least not officially. And if I were to get past that mental barrier of shame to actually own one, I'd want to go all out with an official one.

Go: "I'd like a giant pillow! Covers for a giant pillow will be hard to come by though...hmmmm let's get a dakimakura they come with covers and it's a character I like, it's a win-win!"
;D
Does anyone here collect Warhammer figures? I've always been curious about them.
I was always curious about them as well, remembered some of my high school buddies collected them, the painting etc scared me lol, have clumsy painting hands XD

Does anyone here collect Warhammer figures? I've always been curious about them.

Isn't the point of them to play the actual tabletop game, though?

Also, am I losing it, or was there a new High School of the Dead figure shown off at WonFes? I can't seem to find it on MFC, but I thought I saw one somewhere.

Isn't the point of them to play the actual tabletop game, though?

I think the prepainted ones are for the tabletop game but there are some assemble yourself figures which you have to build and paint yourself. (Not dissimilar to garage kits)

EDIT: I wouldn't mind having something like this: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Bjorn-the-Fellhanded
But looking at what's required to build and assemble it... It seems like a huge commitment to the craft and there are plenty of opportunities to mess it up somehow.

most daki are doujin made. The official ones from what I heard aren't even that good in terms of quality used. The doujin ones like evening call are supposedly top tier like Alter/max factory while the official cospa ones are like Griffon tier

PewPewK

most daki are doujin made. The official ones from what I heard aren't even that good in terms of quality used.

Quite correct. Official covers usually come from COSPA, Movic, or a few other companies. They're not bad, per se, but they're often not even 2-Way Tricot, the best material out there, but some form of Smooth Knit, a decent material, but not nearly as good as 2WT.

Then there are the doujin circles out there kicking out tons of covers, way more than officially licensed ones. They're always made out of 2WT, but not all tricots are made alike and so even then there are differences by which printer the circle went with (A&J, p80, Seirin, etc. all have vastly different versions of 2WT - each with their own feel and print quality).

The problem a lot of people have is that the official ones are usually the only SFW covers. Most doujin covers end up being ero, with at least one side having actually nudity. The official covers are usually ecchi, with no nudity. So you often have to make the choice - SFW, but worse material quality or NSFW, but awesome material.

In my case, I've only bought one official cover, but I own like 7-8 doujin covers. The official cover I have is shit in comparison. It's Smooth Knit, but it has poor print quality, is not comfortable, is not stretchy.

There are a few doujin cirlces out there that produce SFW covers, notably AcHobby and BWStore. Both make ero covers, but usually have SFW variants of their ero designs. Never bought from BWStore, but AcHobby's 2WT is on par with all of the highest quality covers I've gotten.

meijiko

most daki are doujin made. The official ones from what I heard aren't even that good in terms of quality used. The doujin ones like evening call are supposedly top tier like Alter/max factory while the official cospa ones are like Griffon tier

Quite correct. Official covers usually come from COSPA, Movic, or a few other companies. They're not bad, per se, but they're often not even 2-Way Tricot, the best material out there, but some form of Smooth Knit, a decent material, but not nearly as good as 2WT.

Then there are the doujin circles out there kicking out tons of covers, way more than officially licensed ones. They're always made out of 2WT, but not all tricots are made alike and so even then there are differences by which printer the circle went with (A&J, p80, Seirin, etc. all have vastly different versions of 2WT - each with their own feel and print quality).

The problem a lot of people have is that the official ones are usually the only SFW covers. Most doujin covers end up being ero, with at least one side having actually nudity. The official covers are usually ecchi, with no nudity. So you often have to make the choice - SFW, but worse material quality or NSFW, but awesome material.

In my case, I've only bought one official cover, but I own like 7-8 doujin covers. The official cover I have is shit in comparison. It's Smooth Knit, but it has poor print quality, is not comfortable, is not stretchy.

There are a few doujin cirlces out there that produce SFW covers, notably AcHobby and BWStore. Both make ero covers, but usually have SFW variants of their ero designs. Never bought from BWStore, but AcHobby's 2WT is on par with all of the highest quality covers I've gotten.

Thanks for the info.

I figured there weren't many official ones, but I didn't know about the quality difference. I wouldn't even know how to track down a doujin cover for a character I'd be interested in, ero or not. I only know about the horrible and cheap chinese bootlegs on ebay and YJA.

PewPewK

Thanks for the info.

I figured there weren't many official ones, but I didn't know about the quality difference. I wouldn't even know how to track down a doujin cover for a character I'd be interested in, ero or not. I only know about the horrible and cheap chinese bootlegs on ebay and YJA.

If you would like me to look for you, I know some sites that work as good databases of dakimakura's. They're not comprehensive, but they have lots of entries.

Also difficulty depends on how popular of a character you're looking for. A Miku dakimakura? I can find 3,000 in 10 minutes. Chie from Persona 4? Lot harder. Either way, if you want help tracking something down, feel free to PM me.

Always try to avoid the horrible, cheap Chinese bootlegs. I own a few bootleg 2WT ones and while they're okay, they don't hold a candle to the quality of official ones.

Thanks for the info.

mandarake is your friend. 抱き枕カバー

From what I know, it seems most fans enjoy painting the miniatures and the lore more than actually playing the game.

As someone who is deeply into Warhammer 40k, you can collect them for the sheer sake of painting and building but the game is fun. They are pretty much all unassembled and unpainted. There were larger figures for display but are pretty rare now I believe.

Ryuuroden

Your husband, you, and your anime husbando in the same bed. must....get...sillly....mental...images....out....nowww

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom