• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

61c57c56.jpg
MED-BOOK-001872.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=MED-BOOK-001872
Manga with limited edition figure, surprisingly cheap but might be small ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and Forbidden Scrollery...scrollery... >__>

that little figure is so cute

PewPewK

I really want to buy more things, but I'm running out of room and should save my money...

Someone convince me saving money is for chumps and anime figures are more important.

kierwynn

make odo buy you all of them

I'm the one who buys everything irl! He wants me to buy him figures after he saw all of mine. lol

The only Kirigiri one you need:

I hope she doesn't get delayed again. (

I've had that one preordered since the day it went up! I hope she doesn't get delayed again, either, but I'm preparing myself for it.

Supposedly she's the least popular one of the set so the cheapest on the auction sites from whatever comments I saw on MFC.

Oh good, hopefully that means I can find one that isn't too expensive without too much trouble!

Yaari

Bought a first detolf and that sucker fills up way too quickly, jeez. I guess I overestimated how much I would be able to put in one.

That said, Ultimate Madoka does not help. Not sure where to put Devil Homura if I do decide to get her. I wanted them together, no chance with a Detolf, lol.

Bought a first detolf and that sucker fills up way too quickly, jeez. I guess I overestimated how much I would be able to put in one.

That said, Ultimate Madoka does not help. Not sure where to put Devil Homura if I do decide to get her. I wanted them together, no chance with a Detolf, lol.

Yeah, I only like to put 3-4 per shelf, max. I space them out. It helps if you mix and put sitting / crouching figures in front. If you're looking for something you can put a lot into, go with a billy. You can get 5-7 figures per shelf without making it look too crowded.

Also, AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! GK strikes again:

Yaari

Yeah, I only like to put 3-4 per shelf, max. I space them out. It helps if you mix and put sitting / crouching figures in front. If you're looking for something you can put a lot into, go with a billy. You can get 5-7 figures per shelf without making it look too crowded.

Yeah I'm going to need to buy some sitting figures, all of them are standing thus far.
I was thinking of grouping certain figures together but that is pretty much impossible.

Ah well, Ill figure it out.

Neither of my 2 used figures were hot-glued btw :D. I'll stay alert.

Bombless

I would preorder that SO. HARD.

Also, I'm debating splitting my huge August Amiami order into smaller chunks to get them through SAL unregistered. Not really feeling the extra 80/100€ in tax+fees I'd pay over it right now.

Arkadios

I would preorder that SO. HARD.

Also, I'm debating splitting my huge August Amiami order into smaller chunks to get them through SAL unregistered. Not really feeling the extra 80/100€ in tax+fees I'd pay over it right now.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ryuuroden

Don't forget, risers really help your collection look prettier and organized, especially in a detolf.

Cheapest riser guy I know is on Ebay. If you're ordering a lot of risers from him, you can basically bulk order for far less than any other shop I've found.

I've started working on building my own risers using acrylic glass. Still perfecting it but I am doing it in order to raise some of my LEGO Star Wars fighters into the air above other fighters to give more room on the shelves as well as more dynamism in the display. I could build the supports using clear LEGO bricks but it would take a lot of them and would in the end cost me quite a bit of money to do it that way.

Bombless

Hehehehehehe.

In other news, while looking after Belphegor and Mammon on MFC I noticed the seller who procured me Strawberry Snow Miku had a Beelzebub preorder to give away. Contacted her to see if she'd give it to me.

Also, my father is going to go on vacation towards the end of September. That means my mother will visit again. I need to find somewhere to hide my nendos before then.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mandarake order cancelled.

Maybe one day I'll actually be able to experience the complete process.

They clearly have some problems updating stock on their website if something is sold in store.

Ban Puncher

Mandarake order cancelled.

Maybe one day I'll actually be able to experience the complete process.

They clearly have some problems updating stock on their website if something is sold in store.

I've found the best way is to contact a particular store (or stores) and send them a list of the stuff you want. You can find tons of stuff that isn't even listed on the website.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've found the best way is to contact a particular store (or stores) and send them a list of the stuff you want. You can find tons of stuff that isn't even listed on the website.
I'll keep that in mind. At the moment it's been more of a case of just spotting something and thinking "why not?".

WolfStark

I didn't bite on these girls (despite owning the Kurganova sisters that started it all) but their Space Nuns With Guns kickstarter will have my FULL attention! If it turns as good as I hope I'd be ready to sell all my Spess Mahreens to go crazy on the KS.

The Kurganova sisters were also the first I bought from Raging Heroes. I love the background of every of their armies and the SpaceNuns look also very interesting but I pumped way over 300 Dollar in the TGG Kickstarter, I don't think I can do that again. Going to be a tough decision which figures I'll get from the Space Nuns.

The one on the left looks like Robo-Kerrigan.

Interesting association. Everytime I look at Nepharya, Doctor Octopus comes to my mind.

Ban Puncher

I'm going to have to look into making my own plastic risers for displays because everyone who sells them on eBay has the stand for under $10 but then want to charge $40 or more for international shipping.

Bombless

The Kurganova sisters were also the first I bought from Raging Heroes. I love the background of every of their armies and the SpaceNuns look also very interesting but I pumped way over 300 Dollar in the TGG Kickstarter, I don't think I can do that again. Going to be a tough decision which figures I'll get from the Space Nuns.

Interesting association. Everytime I look at Nepharya, Doctor Octopus comes to my mind.
I know the feeling : I don't know if you saw the Kingdom Death kickstarter but I had to pull out in the end, I wanted so many things from it but that was abbout 450$.

The Sisters of Battle are the most badass army in any tabletop game ever though, and of course Games Workshop is treating them like shit. I'm counting on Raging Heroes to bring their full glory back into the world. I also suspect Games Workshop will try to have them stop through cease & desist. Wait and see I guess.

Ya know..I think I am going to avoid getting any Nendos used anymore. I got very frustrated trying to redo the Nymph I have used, all the parts are just lose now. I would finally get the ridiculous wings set up that are required to hold the brace onto the figure and her hair slips off. I fix those two then her arm falls off lol. It was never ending, I ended up putting her back in the box and will try another day. Noticed that with a couple of my used nendos. Same with the Akari I just got not long ago all her face plates are rather loose with the hair. I know this must come with age but still rather annoying.

WolfStark

I know the feeling : I don't know if you saw the Kingdom Death kickstarter but I had to pull out in the end, I wanted so many things from it but that was abbout 450$.

The Sisters of Battle are the most badass army in any tabletop game ever though, and of course Games Workshop is treating them like shit. I'm counting on Raging Heroes to bring their full glory back into the world. I also suspect Games Workshop will try to have them stop through cease & desist. Wait and see I guess.

The Kingdom Death Kickstarter was killing me, not because I pledged so much but because I didn't really realized it. A few weeks after it finished I've got interested and had to see that everything was over. At the other hand, I saved the money from that time for the TGGs and got a few of the KD minis later but I hate that they can't ship them in a way, I don't have to go to the customs everytime I order something. It's annoying to drive through all of Berlin just for a tiny miniature.

I once read that Games Workshop said "There is no market for female miniatures" and it looks like they still think that way, even with all the tabletop games that clearly show that there is a huge market. I wouldn't go as far as saying that this is the reason that they don't sell so good anymore but I think it is a factor. I also love the Sisters of Battle but if they won't produce anything in this direction other companies have to do it. I don't think that they will try stopping Raging Heroes (but I think they're capable of doing it), just look at the TGGs. The Kurganovas resemble the Cadians pretty good and the Empire screams Death Korp of Krieg.

Fantomex

Anyone here selling some SOTA STREET FIGHTER figs or know where I can get some loose ones at ok prices? just got into them and I'm thirsty!

Limited to 1000 pieces. Yamato Crew members only
No idea what the last bit is =/

If I recall, Yamato Crew is some Japanese Yamato 2199 fan club. Membership is like, $100/year or something insane like that. They've had exclusives before, like long-hair Akira, Red flight-suit Akira and a few others.

If I recall, Yamato Crew is some Japanese Yamato 2199 fan club. Membership is like, $100/year or something insane like that. They've had exclusives before, like long-hair Akira, Red flight-suit Akira and a few others.
Whoa that's an insane price for membership to only one particular series, guess it's crazy popular to justify doing exclusive figures then.

Whoa that's an insane price for membership to only one particular series, guess it's crazy popular to justify doing exclusive figures then.

Well, the figures are about another 10k each on top of the membership fee, and they don't ship out of Japan. I think the pricing has mostly to do with the company handling the franchise just not knowing what they're doing. It would explain the $45 sub-only BD discs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom