• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

I feel bad for anyone having to go through any delays at the moment. When it happens to an item you're really ready to own, it makes for a pretty bad time. It has only happened to me once, but hopefully never again (for a long time anyways).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
o0515038713038533960.jpg

Cute!

I missed out on Nendoroid background sets; what should I be searching for if I want compatible backgrounds & props?

classy-life.jpg

Arclaid

I missed out on Nendoroid background sets; what should I be searching for if I want compatible backgrounds & props?

classy-life.jpg

I've seen people use Re-Ment miniature toy sets and Sylvanian families playsets as Nendoroid props. Both seem to be around the right size.

Thank you, God of delays.

I have to admit, I wasn't particularly disappointed by this delay. Always nice to have a bit of financial breathing space! *FILLS GAP WITH OTHER ORDERS*

I don't usually go for bikini figures, but I'm drawn to best chuunibyou girl Ranko from iM@S Cinderella Girls:

FIGURE-004641_01.jpg

What's the quality like with Beach Queens?

chrono01

I have to admit, I wasn't particularly disappointed by this delay. Always nice to have a bit of financial breathing space! *FILLS GAP WITH OTHER ORDERS*

I don't usually go for bikini figures, but I'm drawn to best chuunibyou girl Ranko from iM@S Cinderella Girls:

FIGURE-004641_01.jpg

Beach Queens are "okay". Not Great, not bad, somewhere n-between.

For the price they're fine, if you're a fan of the character/sculpt. Just don't expect top-tier painting or anything.

I just remembered I have two of these pre-ordered through a proxy.
zv9t25z.jpg

The supposedly experienced proxy turned out to be bad at both English and Japanese, so I won't be using them again. I really hope they don't mess up my order somehow.

JoeFu

Banned
Talking with phoenix has been bad. He is making me want more nendoroids. I really like the Monogatari series and the first nendoroid (out of two) I ever bought was Hachikuji. While walking around the Taipei City Mall the other day and looking around I saw a few of the Senjougahara Premium Box things. I really want to buy it, but I know I will probably regret buying it once I hand over the cash for it. My Hachikuji is chilling in my closet back in America and I probably will never display it. Why do I want to buy these :(

PewPewK

Is there an easy way to see what is coming out in a certain month?

Best you can do is go to MFC and do an advanced search and set the release date as the month you're looking for. Course, stuff could be delayed, but it's as up-to-date as possible.

http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?overall=

Talking with phoenix has been bad. He is making me want more nendoroids. I really like the Monogatari series and the first nendoroid (out of two) I ever bought was Hachikuji. While walking around the Taipei City Mall the other day and looking around I saw a few of the Senjougahara Premium Box things. I really want to buy it, but I know I will probably regret buying it once I hand over the cash for it. My Hachikuji is chilling in my closet back in America and I probably will never display it. Why do I want to buy these :(

Eh, my friend owns a LOT of Nendoroids, and while they're cool, I don't like em as much as scaled figures. So I'll stick with the GSC set of scaled figures for Monogatari, no need to get 8 more Nendoroids.

Femto.

Just ordered the Berserker Armor Guts figma off of Mandarake for 9k unopened, usually goes for 8k opened, I can finally scratch that one off.

Giolon

Picked up the $34 Code of Princess Ali Baba from Plamoya. It had gone back up to $91 the day after the previous link to her was postedBeing few weeks ago, but was back down tonight.

Edit: Looks like I got the last one!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nendos work for certain character but look bad for others. Isabelle from New Leaf works perfectly as one. Luigi on the other hand looks downright odd.

Arclaid

Nendos work for certain character but look bad for others. Isabelle from New Leaf works perfectly as one. Luigi on the other hand looks downright odd.

I think Luigi looks fine. Mario on the other hand...

Still going to buy him

kewlmyc

GUYS GUYS!!! I'M SCARED!

Alter is actually releasing something on time!!!!

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166752

A month where one of my Koto figures gets delayed, a nendo gets delayed, yet the Alter figure gets released on time? Feels like I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

vRR1clY.gif

Also congrats to the Ryuko buyers for having their figure only delayed once. I'll just sit here in a corner while my Kyoko is probably delayed again...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think Luigi looks fine. Mario on the other hand...

Still going to buy him

I already have random Mario and Luigi figures (most recently from the UK McD's toys) so I can be a bit picky. Only thing I really liked about the luigi nendo was the accessories.

Thing is I think Luigi could work at that scale, but the artist got his face really wrong.

Perhaps they should have based them off of the Super Mario-Kun manga designs:
zjjJiw2.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

cajunator

Banned

Yes actually, you definitely NEED this. I own it. I know these things. You must own it.

I feel bad for anyone having to go through any delays at the moment. When it happens to an item you're really ready to own, it makes for a pretty bad time. It has only happened to me once, but hopefully never again (for a long time anyways).

Kirigiri :(

garaaaaage kiiiiiiit

Dammittttttttt

FIGURE-004641_01.jpg

I only just got my first one (Kuroneko) and I havent unboxed her yet. I guesS I could do that now.

Got a parcel coming today containing this in one box...

And Momohime in another. I think they weigh like 6kg combined. Wut.

This shipment must be a ridiculous size.

My blue psylocke finally came last friday after being lost in transition. Didn't even get a achance to open it yet. Hopefully it lives up hr pictures people posted

Oh god what have I done
(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Rin Shibuya New Generation Ver. 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
Unit price 3,980 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 3,980 JPY
(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)4-Leaves - Tony's Heroine Collection "Peace Keeper" Daisy 1/6 Complete Figure(Released)
Unit price 5,580 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 5,580 JPY
(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)Excellent Model CORE Queen's Blade Rebellion P-7 Pirate Captain "Liliana" 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
Unit price 7,580 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 7,580 JPY
Dear god John! Don't venture Amiami's preowned section without steeling yourself XD

I have no idea how big it's going to be. Madoka is supposed to be big...I think her box is comparable to an Xbox 360 box? Asuka and Mari are in there too. Fuck. Delivery was mega expensive, SAL.
I have no idea how you managed to get SAL and all those figures in the box including Madoka XD but yeah from images her box alone is huge:
OhnoRaptors1356508546.jpeg

omlet

Dear god John! Don't venture Amiami's preowned section without steeling yourself XD

I have no idea how you managed to get SAL and all those figures in the box including Madoka XD but yeah from images her box alone is huge:
OhnoRaptors1356508546.jpeg

That im@s Rin is a nice figure... I'm not even into im@s and I have been tempted to get that one.

As for the SAL shipping, I don't know for sure but the message from AmiAmi when they do forced EMS shipping says that it's because of shipping "size restrictions in your country" (I'm US) so how they process shipping may be different in US and EU.

I lost a room in the house to it

Mine's in the closet with all my other figure boxes. That closet is getting full...

omlet

In other semi-related news I just now realized how to get "around" amiami's "not found" error when clicking links to pre-owned figures that have already been sold in order to see what was being linked. Just remove the -R### from the end of the URL. I feel like a dumb for not noticing sooner.

javac

I don't know, on Japan post it says:
ouy2Q15.gif

Weight
The maximum weight: 30 kg
  • The maximum weight may be different for some countries/areas.
  • For details, please refer International Mail Conditions.

cajunator

Banned
by the way, I just unboxed my Kuroneko beach queen figure and it seems the quality is actually not bad! Well painted and sculpted. couldnt find any of the usual flaws. Wave is doing a good job. At least with this figure they are.

Arclaid

Yeah, it's massive!
Also, hi I just discovered Figure GAF. ^^"

Welcome!

kEbPZRg.jpg

In other semi-related news I just now realized how to get "around" amiami's "not found" error when clicking links to pre-owned figures that have already been sold in order to see what was being linked. Just remove the -R### from the end of the URL. I feel like a dumb for not noticing sooner.

I honestly didn't know about this either.

by the way, I just unboxed my Kuroneko beach queen figure and it seems the quality is actually not bad! Well painted and sculpted. couldnt find any of the usual flaws. Wave is doing a good job. At least with this figure they are.

Thanks caj, good to know. Well, not good for my wallet, but thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom