• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Yeah I can't do this. I've literally screamed "I've broke it!" 3 times now when trying to put something on lol. Im sweating. Fuck you Madoka why are you so high maintenance for can't you just wear jeans and a shirt what's with all these wings. You've got wings on your feet for witches sake! That's it, you're only getting one wing. I can't put the rest on!

omlet

Yeah I can't do this. I've literally screamed "I've broke it!" 3 times now when trying to put something on lol. Im sweating. Fuck you Madoka why are you so high maintenance for can't you just wear jeans and a shirt what's with all these wings. You've got wings on your feet for witches sake! That's it, you're only getting one wing. I can't put the rest on!

For the feet wings, set her on her stand so she's upright, use one hand to hold the foot still while you attach the wing. Don't try to attach those while she's not on her base or you're just asking for pain and/or damaged figure.

I wonder what the ratio is of figures that get delayed to those that release on time.
Figma im definitely going to guess more delayed than on time.
Kinda sad I was just checking on her yesterday.

Anyway revolmini Snake arrived today, as a Revoltech he is a little weird but hey its MGS1 Solid Snake.

Also bought a Wolf Link & Minda figure(not First4) for $50.

javac

Madoka: One Winged Angel special edition. :O

Exactly. She better not start moaning. Girls would die for a single wing. She'll have one wing and she'll like it!

For the feet wings, set her on her stand so she's upright, use one hand to hold the foot still while you attach the wing. Don't try to attach those while she's not on her base or you're just asking for pain and/or damaged figure.

Yeah the base is the first thing I connected. I have her left wing on her back as well at the right wing on her foot. The left won't stay on her foot and the right wing can't reach unless I bend her wing and hair... which I don't and won't do.

javac

Oh fuck her wings are on! I repeat! Her wings are on...and...her right foot wing just flew across the room. Where the fuck has it gone...

I'm a broken record, but Ques Q Shima best Shima.

disagree, GSC is.
Agon1393469464.jpeg

Arclaid

Oh fuck her wings are on! I repeat! Her wings are on...and...her right foot wing just flew across the room. Where the fuck has it gone...

Hopefully everything turns out okay. Sounds like an absolute nightmare to assemble.

They're all great, IMO.

What worries me about Ques Q's version isn't so much the pose it's the quality control. I'm not too familiar with them. :/

I only own their Elizabeth figure, which is pretty great quality. But from the comments that I've read, the QC for the Elizabeth figures seemed to be higher than their older figures. Not sure if Liz was just an isolated incident or if they've upped their QC recently. They definitely weren't Griffon quality, though.

omlet

Madoka's bow and arrow can be tricky but once you get it all set up it's worth it. So glorious.

As for Shimakaze, if I was gonna get one it would probably be GSC's. The expression is great. She's a bit lewd though, no matter which scale. That's more what's stopping me than any fear of falling into kancolle trap because the other kancolle figures just aren't really appealing to me.

Talking with phoenix has been bad. He is making me want more nendoroids. I really like the Monogatari series and the first nendoroid (out of two) I ever bought was Hachikuji. While walking around the Taipei City Mall the other day and looking around I saw a few of the Senjougahara Premium Box things. I really want to buy it, but I know I will probably regret buying it once I hand over the cash for it. My Hachikuji is chilling in my closet back in America and I probably will never display it. Why do I want to buy these :(

Sure blame me.

Einbroch

Banned
I'd follow you but I loathe Twitter. Hell, I'd delete my Facebook if my friends didn't use it to communicate for weddings, parties, etc.

Einbroch

Banned
It's good that Shimakaze is the only KanColle I've even liked at all. Most of the other designs I've seen have been...kinda bland.

cajunator

Banned
Hopefully everything turns out okay. Sounds like an absolute nightmare to assemble.

I only own their Elizabeth figure, which is pretty great quality. But from the comments that I've read, the QC for the Elizabeth figures seemed to be higher than their older figures. Not sure if Liz was just an isolated incident or if they've upped their QC recently. They definitely weren't Griffon quality, though.

its not too difficult to assemble Madoka. I just took my time. The foot wings were the hard part but it all comes together beautifully.
I have her ultimate bow resting against the glass in my curio too.

I'd follow you but I loathe Twitter. Hell, I'd delete my Facebook if my friends didn't use it to communicate for weddings, parties, etc.

I dont post drama on twitter mainly cute thing, hugs, and inspirational messages.

Ultimadrago

I'm a broken record, but Ques Q Shima best Shima.

Yep. Though I'm with chrono in that I'm not familiar with QuesQ and their quality. Assuming the final product looks like what what we've seen, if I was going to pick up a ship girl it'd be that one.

Mamitan responded to a tweet of mine. Why does this make me smile.

Speaking of Twitter I would love some more Figure GAF buddies on there. Please follow if you want and I will do the same

https://twitter.com/Snkfanatic

No Twitter for me, Only MFC!

Giolon

Damn you guys I just realized I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks when Phat Ryuuko, MH Amazon and POP Rebecca ship. That means I'm going to have to get SAL shipping so since EMS shipments get returned after 4 days.

So, not only am I going to have to wait ~ an extra month for these, I'm not going to get to take photos either for a while. T.T

Bombless

Damn you guys I just realized I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks when Phat Ryuuko, MH Amazon and POP Rebecca ship. That means I'm going to have to get SAL shipping so since EMS shipments get returned after 4 days.

So, not only am I going to have to wait ~ an extra month for these, I'm not going to get to take photos either for a while. T.T

FigureGAF, where going on extended trips is a bad thing.

cajunator

Banned
I'd been meaning to do this since Sakura-con, but I've been lazy. Did some light cleaning today, and finally managed to take a picture of my Alvis and Lavie figure I got signed by Range Murata.

jelly!!

Mamitan responded to a tweet of mine. Why does this make me smile.

Speaking of Twitter I would love some more Figure GAF buddies on there. Please follow if you want and I will do the same

https://twitter.com/Snkfanatic

<3

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Welp, just ordered the Maria Saotome figure with the bath. December looking rough for me now.

Yeah, I'm skipping those too though, makes me a little sad because with along with those, there are two others this year I really wanted. But after getting Snow Miku, I felt bad seeing all her pieces and realizing I won't use them. Oh well, getting the scaled Honoka of course and maybe the scaled Nico too depending on how she comes out.

I don't see why that should hold you back from buying any more really. You may not use them now but you can always use them later. Either way I look at it as a customizable display and that is what it is honestly. They give you a few different choices on how to display them and you can always change things up if you get tired of seeing them like that.

Of course they are perfect for taking pictures of so maybe that's why I think I am starting to favor them more than scaled figures.

javac

She is so worth the hassle of setting her up.

I found her bow to be super easy to put on, and for some reason I don't need anything to keep it up. Seems stable too! I couldn't get her arrow firmly in her hand however and to be honest I don't feel like trying. The right wing was scary to put on but went in surprisingly well. Her feet wings were the worst tho.

Can I just say Amiami's English translated blog is awesome for all sorts of news, wished there was a translated version of this app, seems perfect for Figure/Manga/Anime GAFers:
Are you drowning on the deluge of daily otaku news? Feel like you need an aggregate site for your aggregate sites? Then check out Hacka Doll, a customized digital newspaper that has cyber cuties deliver 25 headlines in the morning, afternoon and evening based on the titles and genres relevant to you. But all this convenience creates a new conundrum--which avatar to take on as your waifu? Ah, the paradox of choice!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SwWdZtvGI1I
chara_1_animation_v02.gif
chara_2_animation_v02.gif
chara_3_animation_v02.gif

Anyway KanColle is here to take your money:

Kotobukiya x AmiAmi Special Previews

GSC also had another company contest, more in link. (These are not in production)
o0515030713033865061.jpg
o0515031913034921034.jpg
o0515035713033865731.jpg
o0515040213033866514.jpg
o0515039013033866512.jpg

The winner was:
o0515031213034942143.jpg
o0515092013033867863.jpg

And the other winners:
o0515078613034942144.jpg
o0515068713038442508.jpg
o0515068613033868238.jpg

Ultimadrago

Nippon-Yasan got back to me. These look legitimate right? From what I can tell the faceplates look legit and the snowflake has the blue highlight on her hat.

Hakase~ &#10084;

Also I hope you got it all sorted out now with your Snow Miku! It should have never happened in the first place, but I'd really hope it's all good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom