• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

So I mentioned this before but without pics, so this time here are pics.

I have a figure that won't stay on its base because the base broke (I don't know how it broke, maybe when moving or something since this figure has been through a couple moves). It's this one: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/247

X1uYqcN.jpg

IKRpFva.jpg

The plastic around the mounting peg is very thin (like 2mm) and actually broke off inside her foot (the fragment is not stuck in her foot), so now the metal rod in her leg can't attach to the base. She can stand up as long as I lean her into something (like the corner of my shelf) but promptly falls over without support. Any suggestions for something to try fixing the base? The broken fragment is very thin so I'm not sure the base could be repaired or if I'd need to just adhesive her entire foot to the base. Anyone have any ideas?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So I mentioned this before but without pics, so this time here are pics.

I have a figure that won't stay on its base because the base broke (I don't know how it broke, maybe when moving or something since this figure has been through a couple moves). It's this one: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/247

The plastic around the mounting peg is very thin (like 2mm) and actually broke off inside her foot (the fragment is not stuck in her foot), so now the metal rod in her leg can't attach to the base. She can stand up as long as I lean her into something (like the corner of my shelf) but promptly falls over without support. Any suggestions for something to try fixing the base? The broken fragment is very thin so I'm not sure the base could be repaired or if I'd need to just adhesive her entire foot to the base. Anyone have any ideas?

An aceton-based "glue" which melts and bonds the plastic together like Humbrol Liquid Poly might do the trick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PSOigHYtCk

Alternatively some Sugru?

Bombless

Why is there no Midna figure?
Because Nintendo. They've only just started licensing characters, it'll be a while before we see her I think. I suspect there's way too many characters more popular than her already in the queue.

Edit : went to look up on "Midna True Form" as I never played the game (despite owning it)...Damn.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Because Nintendo. They've only just started licensing characters, it'll be a while before we see her I think. I suspect there's way too many characters more popular than her already in the queue.

Edit : went to look up on "Midna True Form" as I never played the game (despite owning it)...Damn.

Link gets all the waifus.

As nice as true form Midna is, I'd prefer to get a nice figure of her imp form.

Arkadios

It still amazes me how Tharja(which is not even a protagonist) got a figure, and a sassy one to boot, so maybe there's a chance in the future.

StayDead

So today I put away my K-On Nendos, Nendo petits, animal figures (the animal suit trading ones), my angel beats nendo petits and a few nendos.

I made space on my shelf to move stuff from my desk up and it's made my desk a hell of a lot tider. I've also got all this to unbox but I might wait until I move just to keep my desk slightly tidier.

14796208130_bbe2348ed8_z.jpg

x_x

lack of room hurts.

My Meiko Shiraki (Uniform ver.) showed up from Big In Japan this afternoon. I had to go through four layers before I got to her actual package. Paper packing material, bubble-wrap, then plastic wrap, and then tissue-paper. XD

The packaging itself is hilarious. As some may know, her base is a reference to a part in the manga where one character is crawling through a storm drain. When he looks up through one of the openings in the drain, he gets a view right up her skirt. Likewise, there's a hole in the back of the box that you can look through, which is lined up perfectly with one of the holes in her base, which is lined up perfectly with.... her camel-toe. XD

I preordered this. Here's hope that will be my first and last KanColle figure.

Will consider getting RE-Class too.

My condolences to your monies.

going on sale this week:

mmm yeahh..

HHHNNNNGGGG

Payment plan?

Payment plan.

How much is she and when does she come out?

So is Misato not that popular among Eva fans?

Misato was always best girl. Not many people realized, though.

The only reason I want Kirigiri delayed again is cause September is hell month.

This.

OMG September and December are awful. That means all I have from AmiAmi this month are two cheapo prize figures. Should be under 10k even after shipping.

My September now looks like this:

Amazon
Kyoko Kirigiri
Starfire bishoujo
Sorceress
Frau
Asuka Q
Utena Tenjou

Figures in italics are figures that I think will get delayed beyond September.

omlet

Yeah, that would be pretty awesome. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen, but it would be nice. Also don't forget Morgan, the fourth dragon girl.

Kinda surprised they aren't even getting one coin figures or such. Seems easy to do with so many characters to choose from.

Then again, I don't think even previous Fire Emblems even had merchandise like keychains that Awakening got.

Anyone have the Figuarts Piccolo? Is it a good figure / worthy the $35?
I have the other S.H Figuarts like Gohan and Goku and I like them, if you can find it $35 it's probably worth it, they're getting quite expensive without reissues =/
Plus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyBnlOtDWCs

Needs more =Q____ more, more Fire Emblem stuff, Fire Emblem fans have been starved a lot merchandise wise, by Nintendo lol XD

just po tanned sepang miku.

I risked getting racing miku 2013 on aftermarket and she hasn't even shown up on amiami or mandarake for a month now. Not taking the risk with sepang cuz that tan

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Got my first Cupoche figure today - Homura. I like it! The Cupoche figures are slightly less chibi, bit taller, with better poseability because of elbow and knee joints Nendoroids lack. Little magnets under her feet and a metal base adds more stability too.

Einbroch

Banned
This is my first ever "haul".

(Pre-owned ITEM:A/BOX:B)Racing Miku 2013 ver. 1/8 Complete Figure
Unit price 7,980 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 7,980 JPY

(Pre-owned ITEM:A/BOX:B)Racing Miku 2010 ver. 1/8 Complete Figure (Miku Hatsune)
Unit price 6,780 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 6,780 JPY

(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)Nendoroid - Archbishop
Unit price 3,980 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 3,980 JPY

Shuraki Trinity BOX-02 - Ryu Meifen 1/8 Complete Figure
Unit price 2,980 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 2,980 JPY

Shuraki Trinity BOX-03 - Char 1/8 Complete Figure
Unit price 4,180 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 4,180 JPY

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee. Excited.

Also have three other figures on the way (SAL).

This is my first ever "haul".

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee. Excited.

Also have three other figures on the way (SAL).

O so there was a racing miku 2013 on amiami... YOU TOOK IT FROM MEEEEEEEEEE

just found one on MFC if the dealer doesn't back out. 85 w/ shipping brand new

chrono01

Hmm, the recent pictures for the Samurai Another Color Ver. [Max Factory] don't look too bad, much better than what I saw earlier. I really love her green eyes.

If it weren't for myself owning the original version, this would be an instant pre-order for me.

Hahaha, I was 150% certain the drain hole was an actual hole. This certainly raises the value of that version.

It doesn't say on the box, but she seems like she's 1/7. She's pretty big.

Ike "custom"...

24120-2.jpg

OMG, I think that looks more like Ryu from Breath of Fire than it does Marth.

Hmm, the recent pictures for the Samurai Another Color Ver. [Max Factory] don't look too bad, much better than what I saw earlier. I really love her green eyes.

If it weren't for myself owning the original version, this would be an instant pre-order for me.

Yeah, she doesn't look so bad, now. I may buy her. No way I'm paying $300 for the original.

If they're releasing a variant this late, is there anything stopping them from re-releasing the original Samurai?

I doubt they're going to. Max Factory doesn't usually do reissues. They're doing one for Aoba, but there's really no way they could change the colorway on him and still have it make sense.

chrono01

If they're releasing a variant this late, is there anything stopping them from re-releasing the original Samurai?
Max Factory seems to hate re-releases. It's not so much that it's impossible to do, I think they prefer keeping their figures in the "rarity" category, so collector's feel their items are worth more. There are some exceptions, such as Zero Suit Samus, but I believe that was more on Nintendo's encouragement than their own.

I own the original version and would welcome a re-release. I collect figures for their aesthetic appeal, although I'd by lying if I said that the limited nature of them didn't interest me at all. However, in the case of Samurai, she's such a breath-taking figure, I wouldn't mind the opportunity for a re-release so that those who missed her the first time around would be able to obtain one for themselves, without needing to pay the ridiculous after-market prices.

I doubt they're going to. Max Factory doesn't usually do reissues. They're doing one for Aoba, but there's really no way they could change the colorway on him and still have it make sense.

I'm sure if they could have it make sense, people will still buy it like hotcakes. And they'll charge an arm and a leg for it, lol

I'm sure if they could have it make sense, people will still buy it like hotcakes. And they'll charge an arm and a leg for it, lol

I'm surprised they really didn't jack up the price on the Aoba reissue. He's still 12k on most sites, which is still a discount from his 15k list price.

Also, I'm really tempted to get this. A 1/6 girl from Robot Wars, made by a reputable company? And at a reasonable price? Shit, the stars don't often align like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom