• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Oh so they are a good company to rely on? You just sealed the deal, time to see what I have ordered for October lol.

Max Factory does good work, too, though they don't seem to be as prominent as they used to be (or maybe they're just making figures/characters that don't make it on my radar).

As for the Shiro, cute, but not "wow" enough for me to buy for 11k. I don't like the giant crown.

arhra

Is it good or bad that I'm managing to resist on that Shiro purely because I literally won't have space to display her without packing up or selling some older figures?

I have quite a few Kotos and Im quite content with them.

I just did a quick count-up on my collection and I have 13 Koto figures. Their older stuff was... not bad, exactly (their QC has always been solid, and the sculpts are competent at worst), but less detailed and fewer fancy airbrushed paint apps, etc compared to Alter/Max Factory/etc's output (I have a few of their Strike Witches that I picked up to complete certain pairings because Alter were being slow, and the contrast between the Kotos and the Alters was pretty stark), but they've really raised their game in the last few years.

Although I did get their Kuroyukihime last year, and she arrived with two lower right wing parts, rather than one right/one left, but luckily AmiAmi sorted that out for me pretty quickly, and a packaging mistake like that is just bad luck.

Giolon

What about those new 1/10 beach queen figures that are being priced at 100 plus dollars each....lolololololol

They are polystone resin, so not quite directly comparable. They're more akin to the Sideshow stuff than typical PVC figures.

Still, I see no value to that material. It's so brittle and heavy. They say it allows for increased detail, but I've seen some damn impressively detailed PVCs.

You say this now.... :p

Nah, I mean it. 1/10 is a shit scale that shouldn't even exist. It's so small I wonder why they even bother.

As for Shiro, I'm still tempted to get her. But I'd have to kick something out of my October order. Either Jason bishoujo or Alleyne recolor, because I neeeeeeed the bishoujo Batgirl reissue. I'll probably leave things as they are, because if I did cave and pay that insane price for Shiro, it would only encourage them to keep up that kind of pricing.

I'm sure I'll have her ordered by the end of the week anyway.

kewlmyc

Nah, I mean it. 1/10 is a shit scale that shouldn't even exist. It's so small I wonder why they even bother.

As for Shiro, I'm still tempted to get her. But I'd have to kick something out of my October order. Either Jason bishoujo or Alleyne recolor, because I neeeeeeed the bishoujo Batgirl reissue. I'll probably leave things as they are, because if I did cave and pay that insane price for Shiro, it would only encourage them to keep up that kind of pricing.

Hahaha, yeah I don't blame you. I have a 1/10 and I just put it on my desk because it looks awkward next to the 1/8, 1/7, and 1/6 scales. Not really happy that the Kat figure is under 8 inches tall even with the floating stand.

I'll probably get the Shiro eventually if it goes into the bargain bin or has a cheap used version.

Snow Miku 2014! Randomly stumbled across her (someone reselling from last week's Comic Con in London, UK), she is great :)

ibtTXRIqamDUeC.jpg

ieAiwoRLk0HA9.jpg

iFGwUIzQwMyku.jpg

iXrC9t06vFz3U.jpg

iwQS6WIotZRro.jpg

itORDEGL5aoE9.jpg

ib1dTaDNlgkyhR.jpg

WolfStark

Is it normal for a Miku to come in such a nice package? A week ago I threw a few boxes away but that would be definitly one that would never find it's way to the trash.

Is it normal for a Miku to come in such a nice package? A week ago I threw a few boxes away but that would be definitly one that would never find it's way to the trash.

Standard nendo boxes are a dime a dozen, but this one is huuuuuge - she has lots of parts, two hats, a couple of leg sets, etc. The replica book is pretty heavy too, so I guess it all needed a sturdy bit of packaging.

I finished my Nonon sculpt for a competition I did (some of you guys who follow me on twitter will have seen it), but the coloured render turned out shite in zbrush. So for fun I rendered a non coloured one in keyshot to see how it might look if it was printed out (which I hope to one day do!)
What do you guys think?

14113427708_d3849d4977_o.jpg

Once I work out how to get this looking great in colour, I'll update :D
Also gonna try and get an interactive turntable working.. once I work it out.

Giolon

I finished my Nonon sculpt for a competition I did (some of you guys who follow me on twitter will have seen it), but the coloured render turned out shite in zbrush. So for fun I rendered a non coloured one in keyshot to see how it might look if it was printed out (which I hope to one day do!)
What do you guys think?

I think that's awesome, and wish it were a figure I could buy!

kewlmyc

What do you guys think?

I'd buy it.

Arkadios

What do you guys think?

I saw on the Facebook group, your Nonon was my favorite. Why don't you try to render in other program?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
What do you guys think?

I was going to check the price and pre-order this after I saw the picture, then I got a bit disappoint when I found out it is just a render :(

Nice job!

Bombless

What do you guys think?

Quoting the image again because it's THAT good! I liked the coloured version but this is even better!

What do you guys think?

That's looking gooood

WolfStark

Standard nendo boxes are a dime a dozen, but this one is huuuuuge - she has lots of parts, two hats, a couple of leg sets, etc. The replica book is pretty heavy too, so I guess it all needed a sturdy bit of packaging.

Doesn't even look that big on the picture but makes sense yes. A great package in any case.

@Dabookerman
Look like it's right off the anime, pretty good. The notes in particular.

LiK

What do you guys think?

Cast off? ;p

Luigi87

What do you guys think?

That's fantastic. The sculpt is so clean, and the pose lively.

Cheers guys :)

I saw on the Facebook group, your Nonon was my favorite. Why don't you try to render in other program?

It's all polypainted, and I kinda don't have the time to set it up in something like Maya. I'd need to unwrap it, get textures all setup etc
Also, wanna learn how to get nice looking renders in zbrush, because it does do a great job, just has a longer learning curve.

Quoting the image again because it's THAT good! I liked the coloured version but this is even better!

Aye. I looked at the coloured version and just barfed. If you guys wanna look here's a link. But it was done with such haste and I was super tired, it just didn't have that "figure" like quality i was after. I'll have it sorted soon enough though :)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Danger of buying Nendoroids from cons and such are bootlegs. That Snow Miku is dirt cheap on aliexpress.com for example. Then again, I have no idea how poor quality Nendoroid bootlegs are.

EDIT: I'm wondering why my Snow Miku directly ordered from the Goodsmile shop still hasn't shipped. July release date? Why does everybody else have it already?

Bombless

Danger of buying Nendoroids from cons and such are bootlegs. That Snow Miku is dirt cheap on aliexpress.com for example. Then again, I have no idea how poor quality Nendoroid bootlegs are.
That is why I bought them straight from the GSC booth and stayed clear of the other stalls' Nendos.

Edit : people with Snow Mikus already have bought them from GSC at various cons. Online Store release is later this summer.

arhra

EDIT: I'm wondering why my Snow Miku directly ordered from the Goodsmile shop still hasn't shipped. Everybody else seems to have gotten it already.

The ones sold at cons and such are from a separate production run to the web orders - they make a limited number before the Sapporo Snow Festival/Winter WonFes to sell there (and presumably now they set some aside for overseas events), then do a separate production run later in the year after the web orders are closed, which usually ends up shipping in July.

What do you guys think?

I would buy that if I could :)

What do you guys think?

Great looking work there.

Ultimadrago

EDIT: I'm wondering why my Snow Miku directly ordered from the Goodsmile shop still hasn't shipped. July release date? Why does everybody else have it already?

I didn't even know there were counterfeit Nendo :O

Would love to buy this....but no way am I paying that price.

Really hoping another good Rikka will be made.

Yeah, that one skyrocketed in price after it sold out. Crazy, man. Kotobukiya has a 1/7 Rikka figure scheduled. I don't think they revealed the sculpt yet.

What do you guys think?

So awesome! Great costume, and I love the base. FigureGAF should cross over from collecting to figure production.... Only fair we should profit off of an industry we've put so much money into. XD

What do you guys think?

juLiPsx.jpg

Seriously though, that looks incredible. Someone send this to Trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom