• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Holy shit, I didn't even know MFC told people stuff like that.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. The last of my May orders should be coming out today so I'll consider the upcoming invoice my birthday present. :p

kewlmyc

Again thanks for the wishes guys.

Here's another great birthday gift to me from Alter.
a6kmpAN.jpg

Thanks god. They mentioned him last Tales Fest, then never mentioned him again. I wonder if we're getting anymore Alter Tales figs announced this year since Tales Fest is this weekend.

kewlmyc

Happy Birthday, kewlmyc!

Also, boo Lloyd. Give me an Alter Ludger figure.

What's the matter? Don't like hot coffee?

An Alter Ludger figure would be choice though. Even though he's silent, he's has one of the best Tales designs I've ever seen. Kicking your ass while being business casual.

Good god, why is Aquamarine's Shinonono listing for 15k? WHAT'S GOING ON!?!?!?

Everything that came out for Pre-order today cost over 10k yen. One of them is an 1/8 from some obscure anime too. Yeah, shit's getting ridiculous.

kewlmyc

Wow, that'll make a great birthday gift for you when it comes out in 2016!

Why you making me cry? ;_;

Real talk though, Zelos got announced last year around this time, and got released in March. It only had 2 delays, shockingly. They don't seem to delay Tales figures that much, unless you're Estelle.

Why you making me cry? ;_;

Real talk though, Zelos got announced last year around this time, and got released in March. It only had 2 delays, shockingly. They don't seem to delay Tales figures that much, unless you're Estelle.

Didn't Raven get the shit delayed out of him, too?

chrono01

Looking good. No complaints here. Max Factory delivers again.
zDKTZzt.png
She looks great, but something about the face still irks me. I'm not sure what it is. :/

If next month wasn't looking as insane as it is, I'd probably try to add her to my order [since I just sent payment for my Deep Sea Hatsune Miku and Sena/Yozora Cat Suit Ver. figures]. However, given how many are slated for next month, and my need/want to cut back, I'll probably have to pass. :(

johnsmith

remember me
She looks great, but something about the face still irks me. I'm not sure what it is. :/

If next month wasn't looking as insane as it is, I'd probably try to add her to my order [since I just sent payment for my Deep Sea Hatsune Miku and Sena/Yozora Cat Suit Ver. figures]. However, given how many are slated for next month, and my need/want to cut back, I'll probably have to pass. :(

I like her face. It's got a more mature look than 99% of figures.

chrono01

I like her face. It's got a more mature look than 99% of figures.
Oh, I can understand the appeal, just not sure why it doesn't resonate with me.

It's not an anime-face, that's why chrono doesn't like it. XD

I think she's gorgeous, but I don't want to get into collecting Lineage figures too.
Maybe that's why. I'm not sure. I do love/own the Elf/Dark Elf figures though, and they don't have "anime"-face, so I don't think that's it. Maybe it is the more mature look?

Regardless she's a beautiful piece, I will agree there. If June wasn't so heavy with pre-orders [for myself, personally] she'd already be ordered.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh, I can understand the appeal, just not sure why it doesn't resonate with me.

Maybe that's why. I'm not sure. I do love/own the Elf/Dark Elf figures though, and they don't have "anime"-face, so I don't think that's it. Maybe it is the more mature look?

Regardless she's a beautiful piece, I will agree there. If June wasn't so heavy with pre-orders [for myself, personally] she'd already be ordered.

I think maybe her expression and features are just a bit sharper, especially when comparing her to the Dark Elf, who looks softer. They're both gorgeous figures, but I feel like that's the main difference.

Bombless

I think maybe her expression and features are just a bit sharper, especially when comparing her to the Dark Elf, who looks softer. They're both gorgeous figures, but I feel like that's the main difference.

The only difference for me is that Kamael isn't in my hands yet! Hurry up and correct it Amiami!

johnsmith

remember me
It's bigger and of better quality than most figures up for preorder now, yet it's cheap in price compared to them. Shows how fucked preorder costs are nowadays.

Yep, and the dark elves were "only" 8,620 yen, and those things are masterpieces. These assholes have damn lost their minds with their prices.

cajunator

Banned
I think its safe to assume that the market is in dire need for Nonon figures. Dabookerman pls.

YES. Oh god I would buy several. And some Nui Harime.
Take my money companies ._.

Yeah, that one skyrocketed in price after it sold out. Crazy, man. Kotobukiya has a 1/7 Rikka figure scheduled. I don't think they revealed the sculpt yet.

So awesome! Great costume, and I love the base. FigureGAF should cross over from collecting to figure production.... Only fair we should profit off of an industry we've put so much money into. XD

I dont think anything can top KyoAni's version.

Hooooly shit. Im glad I got her when I had the chance.
That is ridiculous.

Snow Miku 2014! Randomly stumbled across her (someone reselling from last week's Comic Con in London, UK), she is great :)

ibtTXRIqamDUeC.jpg

ieAiwoRLk0HA9.jpg

iFGwUIzQwMyku.jpg

iXrC9t06vFz3U.jpg

iwQS6WIotZRro.jpg

itORDEGL5aoE9.jpg

ib1dTaDNlgkyhR.jpg

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I CANT WAIT

Busaiku

Benten, a $200+ from a relatively obscure comic, sold out at AmiAmi and Hobby Search.
Ugh, things are gonna get much worse.

I helped.

arhra

I think its just anime goods in general and how the market is. I mean just look at BD of anime in Japan. They have to rely on high prices to sustain themselves. I think the difference with figures is that all these factors are finally kicking in.

I'm pretty sure it's primarily driven by the exchange rate - the rates that are making things priced in yen cheaper for us are making things priced in not-yen (like... wages for the Chinese factory workers who actually make all our figures, and the rental and utility bill costs for those factories, etc) more expensive for Japanese companies.

If you compare prices converted to your local currency at contemporary rates at release, rather than just looking at the yen price, they haven't actually changed much at all (things got a bit cheaper when the yen first started dropping due to manufacturing lead time and the fact that manufacturers probably didn't want to jack prices up in one big jump, but they've caught up now).

Back in 2011, the paypal rate was hitting ~110yen/£, and a 6000yen figure would cost me ~£55. These days, the paypal rate is usually around 165yen/£, and an equivalent figure will probably cost closer to 9000yen, which is... ~£55.

So for people outside of Japan, things haven't actually changed much in terms of real cost, unless you entered the market during that adjustment period before prices caught up to the exchange rate. It's gotta be a bitch for Japanese collectors, though.

Of course, the real screw becomes clear when you look at prices pre-financial-crash - the manufacturers didn't really adjust prices downward at all when that made their manufacturing cheaper, so in that case things stayed the same for domestic customers and overseas collectors got screwed. Although you could definitely argue that quality standards have increased massively in the years since the crash, and Japanese collectors are only now starting to bear the true cost of those quality improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom