• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate chu gais! I have these in my Amiami cart at the moment

FIGURE-000073.jpg

FIGURE-006061.jpg

FIGURE-007455.jpg

FIGURE-003627.jpg

I am going to die with the shipping costs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The moment I saw that sequence from the gif, when the city turned out to be the aircraft carrier, I knew I needed to see the next episode RIGHT NOW. I ended up seeing the whole series in a single sitting. GaruPan is awesome.

That is all.
One of the greatest twists in all of history.

My exact reaction when I saw the subtotal lol

Skipping out on the 1/2 Sonico because I saw this on the page:

The material used for this figure is brittle in nature and there is a very high probability that several parts will break or be damaged during shipping to you. We ask that you keep this in mind when buying these products and repair them yourself in the unfortunate event that they arrive in imperfect condition.

The moment I saw that sequence from the gif, when the city turned out to be the aircraft carrier, I knew I needed to see the next episode RIGHT NOW. I ended up seeing the whole series in a single sitting. GaruPan is awesome.

That is all.

I gotta buy the blu-ray sets soon. I've been putting it off too long. It's such a great series.

Ryuuroden

I gotta buy the blu-ray sets soon. I've been putting it off too long. It's such a great series.

Yah mannn, I have the blu-rays, awesome stuff :D. I just wish the fucking Russian part was kept intact :/

Also considering naming my FFL team this year after the Kan Colle girls. Trying to think of a good creative one plus a good avatar for the team.

chrono01

can i preorder figma lucina anywhere yet?
Nope, not yet. Pre-orders haven't started yet, neither has a release date been announced. :(

So it's that time again, and I'm debating whether I should cancel Shiro and pre-order Kongo - Half Damage Ver. [Max Factory] in her place.

Let me explain.

The way I figure it, we might get another figure or two from No Game No Life [probably Jibril] and that's it [which is a damn shame, since a Shiro figure practically demands a Sora figure!]. While Shiro and Jibril would look great together I'm sure, I've already invested in Shimakaze, Yamato, and [more than likely] Max Factory's Wo-Class. Probably more too, if they look nice. That means a KanColle Collection will begin, so the more I have the more impressive/complete it will be, especially given the whole "fleet" idea.

Again, Shiro looks nice, and I absolutely loved her character in the anime. I was really excited when she went up for pre-order, since the anime was active and I was right in the idea of it. However, when I look back at my pre-orders now, I find myself less enthused, especially given her [rather high] price. As much as I'd like to get both, I've more-or-less decided on one or the other, so it's a loss either way. I also have plans to cancel another figure from AmiAmi [Susie-san], but that's not for release until November, and I need to lighten both this month and the next [hence the Kongou/Shiro dilemma].

Consider this myself sorting through my thoughts. I now expect to get mobbed by a dozen angry Shiro fans.

Nope, not yet. Pre-orders haven't started yet, neither has a release date been announced. :(

So it's that time again, and I'm debating whether I should cancel Shiro and pre-order Kongo - Half Damage Ver. [Max Factory] in her place.

Let me explain.

The way I figure it, we might get another figure or two from No Game No Life [probably Jibril] and that's it [which is a damn shame, since a Shiro figure practically demands a Sora figure!]. While Shiro and Jibril would look great together I'm sure, I've already invested in Shimakaze, Yamato, and [more than likely] Max Factory's Wo-Class. Probably more too, if they look nice. That means a KanColle Collection will begin, so the more I have the more impressive/complete it will be, especially given the whole "fleet" idea.

Again, Shiro looks nice, and I absolutely loved her character in the anime. I was really excited when she went up for pre-order, since the anime was active and I was right in the idea of it. However, when I look back at my pre-orders now, I find myself less enthused, especially given her [rather high] price. As much as I'd like to get both, I've more-or-less decided on one or the other, so it's a loss either way. I also have plans to cancel another figure from AmiAmi [Susie-san], but that's not for release until November, and I need to lighten both this month and the next [hence the Kongou/Shiro dilemma].

Consider this myself sorting through my thoughts. I now expect to get mobbed by a dozen angry Shiro fans.

tumblr_n5a477g3Qd1rw23q5o1_500.png

Shiro disappoint.

Honestly though if you are questioning it again you might as well. Of course there will be tons of Kongo figures as well so you could always get a different one.

chrono01

tumblr_n5a477g3Qd1rw23q5o1_500.png

Shiro disappoint.

Honestly though if you are questioning it again you might as well. Of course there will be tons of Kongo figures as well so you could always get a different one.
I know, I'll give it some more thought. I still have a bit of time to decide since Shiro isn't estimated until October, and I'm sure Kongou will be delayed from September [probably into October or later].

My reason for wanting to go with this Kongou was to keep the scale in-line with the rest, as well as that Max Factory quality reassurance. Honestly, I'd prefer a non-damaged version of her [I realize Phat Company is making one, but I don't exactly like the sculpt of the mouth on that one], but I can't see Max Factory going back and releasing another version of Kongou, given how many characters KanColle has to begin with. This will [probably] be the only Kongou Max Factory releases, and I do like the sculpt.

I kind of wish I hadn't gotten bitten by the KanColle bug. I'm not sure there's any redemption for me now. :/

Man, you're going to be so broke.

The Fleet of the Abyss ships are the only ones I'm really considering.

Giolon

Ok folks this is the first of two or three photo posts that I hope to get up tonight. This one covers Maou!

Maou is just so photogenic that it was incredibly difficult to narrow down the pictures to just these 11 (I normally try to keep it under double digits). But I mean look at that face, that hair, that dress! I didn't buy her originally b/c I didn't want to spend all that money, but now I'm very glad that I got to see her in person and take some fun photos.

Does anyone want to try to guess which figure will feature in my next photo post?

george_us

Ok folks this is the first of two or three photo posts that I hope to get up tonight. This one covers Maou!

Maou is just so photogenic that it was incredibly difficult to narrow down the pictures to just these 11 (I normally try to keep it under double digits). But I mean look at that face, that hair, that dress! I didn't buy her originally b/c I didn't want to spend all that money, but now I'm very glad that I got to see her in person and take some fun photos.

Does anyone want to try to guess which figure will feature in my next photo post?
I feel so full of life all of a sudden.

chrono01

Thanks for sharing, she looks great!

Shiro cancellation talk makes me depressed.
Sorry. :(

If I was buying the GSC, I'd have ordered her by now. She looks like she takes up a lot of horizontal space. The MF version looks wicked, I'm just leery of the pricing.
Yeah, pricing worries me too. Supposedly, judging by her recent pictures, she's massive too. I wouldn't be surprised to see her being heavy as well.

Great shots!

Ultimadrago

Does this look pre-broken to any of you? (the infamous 2nd pigtail): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111431425181

It's really hard to tell depth in the photo, but it looks like it's just the bangs (on our right, her left). This is for a potential PayPal claim.

Thanks~

Have you messaged the seller about this concern?

And yes, from the MFC pictures I'm seeing you should be able to clearly see the other pigtail from that angle.

Edit: Has the seller already shipped? Ask them for more angles if you can.

Max Factory Wo-Class talk on MFC has me worried. They're saying she might be exclusive. Based on recent pics, she does look pretty huge. She towers over the Samurai recolor. Thankfully her size is mostly vertical, and she doesn't seem to take up a terrible amount of horizontal space like the GSC version.

chrono01

And yes, from the MFC pictures I'm seeing you should be able to clearly see the other pigtail from that angle.

Yeah, if you're concerned definitely ask the seller for more pictures. If he/she is selling a legit product, I'm sure they'll be more than willing to do something as simple as that.

I wish you luck!

Max Factory Wo-Class talk on MFC has me worried. They're saying she might be exclusive. Based on recent pics, she does look pretty huge. She towers over the Samurai recolor. Thankfully her size is mostly vertical, and she doesn't seem to take up a terrible amount of horizontal space like the GSC version.
While I don't personally think she'll be an exclusive [they generally keep those for items that have "extra" components to them, although those smaller ships to her sides could be considered as extra...], the possibility is definitely there. I guess it depends on how well their Heavy Armament Yamato sells.

Ultimadrago

Gaaah!

Just kidding, man. It's your wallet, so do what needs to be done! Also I'm always down for a friend saving money. That said...

Make. A. Fleet! Make. A. Fleet! Make. A. Fleet!

chrono01

Gaaah!

Just kidding, man. It's your wallet, so do what needs to be done! Also I'm always down for a friend saving money. That said...

Make. A. Fleet! Make. A. Fleet! Make. A. Fleet!
Haha, the fleet idea is the core reasoning behind the possible loss of Shiro, so if she goes the fleet will definitely increase [Kongou]!

It's kind of a win either way, assuming I can budget it in.

Josephl64

Let me explain.

I say you should do it, go for Kongo~

Bombless

I'd say cancel Shiro and keep an eye out for updates on Phat's version. She has the fiercest pose of all boat girls so far and the mouth "issue" can be fixed. The scale if different though, but with Yamato sitting and girls being of different ages it could still work.

I'm also keeping an eye out for the Funnyknights KanColles which are also 1/7, but I'm suspicious of their quality. That Yukikaze looks really great from afar but there aren't any good owner pictures of her yet.

pooptest

can't see, sorry

It's too late for that, girlfriend already ordered and it's here. I should have been more involved and researched more. She paid for the item+shipping and he said he'd take it back, but he won't pay for return shipping. So, essentially she's paying to have it shipped twice and doesn't want to do that.

I'm going to ask politely to refund the entire amount and I'll ship it back or I will open a PayPal claim...

chrono01

I say you should do it, go for Kongo~
At least I have a single person here that isn't ready to rip out my innards for even considering the idea of cancelling Shiro.

Your company is welcome indeed.

I'd say cancel Shiro and keep an eye out for updates on Phat's version. She has the fiercest pose of all boat girls so far and the mouth "issue" can be fixed. The scale if different though, but with Yamato sitting and girls being of different ages it could still work.

I'm also keeping an eye out for the Funnyknights KanColles which are also 1/7, but I'm suspicious of their quality. That Yukikaze looks really great from afar but there aren't any good owner pictures of her yet.
I do prefer the pose for Phat Company's version, but she's 1/7 scale and wouldn't fit in as nicely as Max Factory's [since they're all under the same "line"]. As for the mouth, It does bother me, as I mentioned earlier, but I know those things can [and likely will] be tweaked before release. I've seen it happen all too often.

Although honestly, if Wo-Class is as gigantic as she seems, I'm not so sure scale will matter at all. >_<

chrono01

i don't have shiro ordered. No game no life is dumb since gamers are dead.
Whoa, whoa now! I might be considering cancelling the Shiro figure, but my love for her character remains.

Should you choose to continue saying such vile about Shiro-sama, I must needs intervene.

Josephl64

At least I have a single person here that isn't ready to rip out my innards for even considering the idea of cancelling Shiro.

Your company is welcome indeed.

I do prefer the pose for Phat Company's version, but she's 1/7 scale and wouldn't fit in as nicely as Max Factory's [since they're all under the same "line"]. As for the mouth, It does bother me, as I mentioned earlier, but I know those things can [and likely will] be tweaked before release. I've seen it happen all too often.

Although honestly, if Wo-Class is as gigantic as she seems, I'm not so sure scale will matter at all. >_<

I'm actually planning on getting both Kongos, so it's nice having some company ~

Ryuuroden

Shes going to be one of the GSC Shop exclusives, I guarantee it. Calling it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom