• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geebus. Where are you going to place those? Especially that 1:2 Sonico.

Edit: oh

Yea, Amiami. I don't about the Sonico though. I don't like that note on the page that basically said "fix it if broken pls". Has anyone ordered it from there and received it broken or damaged?

Amazing~

And I just checked on her size. Holy shit!
I know, can't wait :>

I got her in a combined package, but she's probably going to be like ~4000 yen to the US on her own. She's really heavy. (Plamoya says $36).
Okkie, order placed!

Ok folks this is the first of two or three photo posts that I hope to get up tonight. This one covers Maou!

Maou is just so photogenic that it was incredibly difficult to narrow down the pictures to just these 11 (I normally try to keep it under double digits). But I mean look at that face, that hair, that dress! I didn't buy her originally b/c I didn't want to spend all that money, but now I'm very glad that I got to see her in person and take some fun photos.

Does anyone want to try to guess which figure will feature in my next photo post?

YUM!

chrono01

Well, it happened.

I pre-ordered Kongo [Half-Damage Ver.].

It was meaningless to resist.

What sold me was the amount of detail on her. I was reading Kahotan's blog:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2014/04/10/18th-scale-kongo-half-damage-ver/

and all of the little damage that's evident on both her clothing as well as her ship [the fractured split in the back you can actually see the varying levels of the inner ship!] pushed me over the edge. There's just a lot to look at, and even the little things like her stockings being torn, showing her skin underneath. It's impressive.

I still haven't cancelled Shiro, though, since she's still over a month away from release and can cancel at any time [thank you, HLJ!]. I've more or less decided to let her go, though, but even still I'll keep my pre-order just in-case I have a second change of thought.

Giolon

I'm glad you all seemed to enjoy Maou's charms

Personally I'd love to see some Tharja pics from you.

Request noted! FWIW, I did take some quickie photos of her and posted them the previous thread.

Alright, here's the next photo shoot! empty's Solange and Ali Baba from Code of Princess and both designed by Kinu Nishimura.

There are fifteen photos this time, but since it's covering two figures that's just seven and a half each! (There are also two "bonus" photos that were a bit redundant with the others, but they are good enough that I think there's merit for anyone that wants to see just a little more.)

For being such a relatively minor player in the scale PVC arena, both Solange and Ali have amazing sculpts and incredibly clean paint jobs. Look at the intricacies of Solanges "armor". Check out Ali's musculature and belt. It seems kind of tragic to me that Ali came out so well and yet she sold so poorly. Only 14 people on MFC claim to own her, and I'm one of them. I'll admit that I would likely not have purchased her had she not been discounted 70%, but she's really quite incredible in person, and I hope my photos have captured that better than the official photos.

Solange is great too, but of course she was going to sell better because boobs. I've been needing to give her a photoshoot for something like 2 years now, but never was able to do her justice. Ali gave me an occasion to try again.

CodeOfPrincess-3.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-2.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-4.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-5.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-7.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-9.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-10.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-14.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-16.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-11.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-12.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-15.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-13.jpg
CodeOfPrincess-17.jpg
CodeOfPrincess.jpg

Bonus 1: Solange
Bonus 2: Ali

chrono01

Request noted! FWIW, I did take some quickie photos of her and posted them the previous thread.

Alright, here's the next photo shoot! empty's Solange and Ali Baba from Code of Princess and both designed by Kinu Nishimura.

There are fifteen photos this time, but since it's covering two figures that's just seven and a half each! (There are also two "bonus" photos that were a bit redundant with the others, but they are good enough that I think there's merit for anyone that wants to see just a little more.)

For being such a relatively minor player in the scale PVC arena, both Solange and Ali have amazing sculpts and incredibly clean paint jobs. Look at the intricacies of Solanges "armor". Check out Ali's musculature and belt. It seems kind of tragic to me that Ali came out so well and yet she sold so poorly. Only 14 people on MFC claim to own her, and I'm one of them. I'll admit that I would likely not have purchased her had she not been discounted 70%, but she's really quite incredible in person, and I hope my photos have captured that better than the official photos.

Solange is great too, but of course she was going to sell better because boobs. I've been needing to give her a photoshoot for something like 2 years now, but never was able to do her justice. Ali gave me an occasion to try again.
Wow, they make a nice duo.

Thanks for the pictures, nicely done.

chrono01

OH MY GOD!

OHHHHH MY GOD!

Just look at the version of Satsuki that Good Smile Company chose to use for their release.

Yeah, it's that Garage Kit that everyone wanted, including me.

I was debating whether I should purchase Phat Company's Satsuki to compliment their Ryuko...but how can I say no to this?

Thrasher429

Neo Member
OH MY GOD!

OHHHHH MY GOD!

Just look at the version of Satsuki that Good Smile Company chose to use for their release.

i2hWotn6yQ8CV.jpg

I was debating whether I should purchase Phat Company's Satsuki to compliment their Ryuko...but how can I say no to this?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
wtXtF83.gif

I would have liked a figure of Satsuki in her school uniform/untransformed Junketsu, But this is fantastic too. Though I've already preordered Phat's Satsuki

OH MY GOD!

OHHHHH MY GOD!

I think the face needs a little bit of work, but I'm liking this. She's noticeably less extravagant than GSC Ryuko, though. Glad I waited for the GSC set. Now for the love of God, give us Goku Uniform Mako. Do it GSC, do it.

darklin0

Banned
OH MY GOD!

OHHHHH MY GOD!

Preordering day one. This garage kit was the one I was hoping to get picked up.

so after doing some more research on that Ahri nendoroid that they're going to have at Worlds:

tBanzai1409419758.jpeg

looks like she'll have a Charm piece too, in addition to an optional nine tails piece. man, i really want to get her, better save up for ebay... unless GSC puts her up on web shop, now that would be great. i won't get my hopes up though...

Tidd

OH MY GOD!

OHHHHH MY GOD!

You made my day. Thank you.
We deserve more "normal" clothes Kill La Kill figures! Except for a fight club Mako.

Ryuuroden

Well, it happened.

I pre-ordered Kongo [Half-Damage Ver.].

It was meaningless to resist.

What sold me was the amount of detail on her. I was reading Kahotan's blog:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2014/04/10/18th-scale-kongo-half-damage-ver/

and all of the little damage that's evident on both her clothing as well as her ship [the fractured split in the back you can actually see the varying levels of the inner ship!] pushed me over the edge. There's just a lot to look at, and even the little things like her stockings being torn, showing her skin underneath. It's impressive.

I still haven't cancelled Shiro, though, since she's still over a month away from release and can cancel at any time [thank you, HLJ!]. I've more or less decided to let her go, though, but even still I'll keep my pre-order just in-case I have a second change of thought.

Yay, I ordered Kongo day 1 so it's nice to see others noticed how fabulous she looks.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Welp, couldn't resist that attractive Maou figure at 50% off, so I ordered it with Shimakaze Nendoroid and a few Nendoroid clips.

I wish I was rich.

raven777

so after doing some more research on that Ahri nendoroid that they're going to have at Worlds:

tBanzai1409419758.jpeg

looks like she'll have a Charm piece too, in addition to an optional nine tails piece. man, i really want to get her, better save up for ebay... unless GSC puts her up on web shop, now that would be great. i won't get my hopes up though...

If I was a big LoL fan I would have went and bought it..

george_us

OH MY GOD!

OHHHHH MY GOD!

Oh shit what

Looks like I'm going to have another Satsuki figure in my collection.

raven777

Go buy it then sell it for big bucks over the Internets!

I could but I am too lazy. I have to book a ticket for LoL tournament which is already painful process cause so many people rush to buy it.

And I have to go extra early and line-up in front of the store to buy the figure, but there is always chance of it being sold out cause they have limited supply and it's first come first served.

kewlmyc

OH MY GOD!

OHHHHH MY GOD!

Oh thank God. I was originally going to buy the premade GK from E204, but now I don't have to.

raven777

o yea that satsuki GSC picked up..

I think the sculpt is great but I just don't like the face as much. It just look too different from the anime. Of course it's better than that messed up face from Phat's one, but still it's disappointing.

kewlmyc

o yea that satsuki GSC picked up..

I think the sculpt is great but I just don't like the face as much. It just look too different from the anime. Of course it's better than that messed up face from Phat's one, but still it's disappointing.

I don't think that's the final sculpt. They could just be showing off the GK to say that they'll be adapting it. Could be wrong though.

LiK

OH MY GOD!

OHHHHH MY GOD!

nice, lemme know when i can preorder

good work man. boobs are nice and all but the ali char. looks a lil better to me.

Ultimadrago

Thanks for more great pictures! Awesome details and colors on both. Nishimura's art is freaking awesome and translates nicely here.

Anony

FIGURE-004687.jpg

so payment is up for mikan at amiami
shipping is ~1700yen grand total of ~10300yen
should i worry about canadian customs? the source material is very.. grey area.. haha

ok, i'm just going through the last couple of pages, what's this about it being a cast off :|, any more info on that, now i'm kinda worried
having paid shipping yet, guess i'll email amiami
this thread moves too fast

kewlmyc

ok, i'm just going through the last couple of pages, what's this about it being a cast off :|, any more info on that, now i'm kinda worried
It's forced, as in they pretty much cut/tore the clothing off. Not the way it was meant to be displayed. You're fine.

its not castoff. Its FORCED castoff, meaning it was never designed to be castoff, and you have to cut off her clothes to be cast off. And even then, there is no detail so its like what is the point

ALTER does not make cast off figures (that I know of)

Bombless

It really isn't anything to worry about. Forced cast-off means some parts of the figure aren't fixed to it and can be removed if you cut them off. That's it. A byproduct of the production process, not an advertised feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom