• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, average U.S shipping cost then?

For a single figma, I've gone as low as $5 with SAL Unregistered but with 5 model kits and two figmas it required EMS shipping which is faster but more expensive and that hit $75.
So it depends on what you're buying and how fast you want it.

340b7b63.jpg
587bb025.jpg
d088ecdb.jpg
9ca603f3.jpg

bb1c2b95.jpg
fc20ea47.jpg
8fc5b508.jpg
0b203f75.jpg

2c72cebf.jpg
8212796e.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/39963236.html
That Luffy is a Megahouse poseable figure IIRC
Nendoroid Petite Love Live!: Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki Ver.
Preview: ARTFX J - Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen: Nagito Komaeda 1/8 Complete Figure by Kotobukiya

"The wrinkles in his clothing and intricate decals bring Nagito to life, though the real star of these shots is his wallet chain! It looks like the real thing, just a whole lot smaller!"
( ̄ー ̄)Yeaaa...wallet chain XD
And for Racing Miku fans, here's a PV for you:

javac

This is the GK that the GSC Satsuki figure is based upon. Sculpted by Iwanaga Sakurako. She's worked on some popular things on here such as Hatsune Miku - 1/8 - Love is War ver. DX, Mawaru Penguindrum - Princess of the Crystal - 1/8, GOOD SMILE Racing - Hatsune Miku - 1/8 - Racing 2010 and Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Kuubo Wo-kyuu - 1/8.

Really excited for this...although I would have preferred a Junketsu version

Bulzeeb

For a single figma, I've gone as low as $5 with SAL Unregistered but with 5 model kits and two figmas it required EMS shipping which is faster but more expensive and that hit $75.
So it depends on what you're buying and how fast you want it.

nice, I've been planning to buy only a figure and I am deciding between Figma or something similar like D-arts between 35-60 usd so it shouldn't go above 10-15 for the shipping, right

meijiko

Huh, that Digimon Takeru and Hikari figures are temptingggggg

Definitely going to get them. I really liked the Taichi and Yamato they did, and I hope they'll eventually fill out the rest of the cast.

Also just because a figure isn't listed for release yet doesn't mean it'll get delayed. It could happen, but there's no guarantee, so don't count on a delay before it's announced.

Oh dang, those Digimon figures are glorious. I've held off on scale figures so far but they might be the breaking point.

nice, I've been planning to buy only a figure and I am deciding between Figma or something similar like D-arts between 35-60 usd so it shouldn't go above 10-15 for the shipping, right
No, unless it's oddly heavy or has a huge box with tons of accessories.
I think my figma Strength was like $21 EMS shipping so if you go SAL Registered or Unregistered you won't see it for a couple weeks but you'll hit that $8-$12 shipping range I bet.

Giolon

Ok, average U.S shipping cost then?

These are the most common prices and shipping times in my experience for a single figure. Note that some are too large or heavy for SAL

SAL Unregistered: 500 yen - 2-5 weeks no tracking
SAL Registered: 1000 yen - 2-5 weeks with tracking
Airmail: 1500 yen - 5-10 days with tracking
EMS: 2000 yen - 3-5 days with tracking.

Adding a 2nd figure in my experience generally increases any given price by 50%, but has a decent chance of pushing you out of SAL availability. There's something available for larger/heavier packages, called SAL Parcel, but it's never worth it bc it usually only costs 400 yen less than EMS for the package.

Einbroch

Banned
I got in trouble with my girlfriend today for buying my "dolls".

Obviously nothing that she's actually that upset about, but she's right, I've blown a ton of money when I need to save for a car. I set a budget of $100 a month.

RESPONSIBILITY SUCKS.

RMI

Banned

haha, yeah my GF gives me grief about my "dolls" once in a while too. My spending is way down from last year though, and I have a bunch in boxes still that I haven't unpacked since moving, so I'm just gonna bring those out a little a time. She seems to not mind as long as huge boxes aren't showing up from Amiami every month.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Obviously nothing that she's actually that upset about, but she's right, I've blown a ton of money when I need to save for a car. I set a budget of $100 a month.

RESPONSIBILITY SUCKS.

<--- no car, public transportation reimbursed by employer

POSE OF MORE SPENDING MONEY:

162773-episode-63-screenshot-003.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
<--- no car, public transportation reimbursed by employer

POSE OF MORE SPENDING MONEY:

I work from home and also moonlight at a special needs clinic across the street, but the car I have now is my mother's. I feel bad just using her car and being 400+ miles away so she can't use it. :(

Plus, I gotta save for an engagement ring even though they're bullshit.

Ultimadrago

RESPONSIBILITY SUCKS.

Save all the monies!

When does that Chitoge and those Megahouse figs go on preorder???

If you're interested in the Gundam Build Fighters figures, be warned. They're only 1/10 scale, hence the "reasonable" list price of 5800 JPY.

RESPONSIBILITY SUCKS.

Get a new girlfriend. A rich one.

You know those people you hate because they have it 'rough' because they can't afford a Corvette and a new house without having to save for a few years?

My girlfriend. Love her to pieces, but she thinks she's 'struggling'.
Those people >=D
slaps-3.gif

GIFs content is kind of ironic lol

The Digimon G.E.M. figures are also 1/10 scale. It was really the only reason I didn't get Taichi and Yamato.

I think Megahouse might be doing it since it seems their figures as of late have the highest tendency to la bomba. Especially at 8k or so per figure, that's gotta hurt them.

If you're interested in the Gundam Build Fighters figures, be warned. They're only 1/10 scale, hence the "reasonable" list price of 5800 JPY.

Get a new girlfriend. A rich one.
I'm just going for Digimon, OP, Kuroko and that chitoge. Megahouse just has the licenses I want. Now if I got into Gintama.......

Sucks that SA Franky won the reprint contest. Wanted Sengoku.......

kierwynn

RESPONSIBILITY SUCKS.

I've gotten the same talk from my boyfriend. I went a little overboard in August and he's using that to push the whole budget thing on me. He doesn't understand, sometimes a girl just needs cute figures!

I just bought him his first figure, though, and I fully expect him to get addicted, too. rip money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom