• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

skytube. They make almost 80% of the non-licensed tony taka figures

yea I had a feeling that it was skytube. From just looking at the samples I think they are the best at making (lewd) Tony figures. I recently looked at few of the ones coming out soon but this one looks the best so far.

chrono01

alleyne has a partner and ... probably day 1
It's already a Day One pre-order for me.

I just need to wait until AmiAmi lists her, hopefully with an exclusive bonus that they usually do for Alphamax/Tony Taka figures.

That alternate expression...HNNNNNNNNNNG

Up at BIJ now.

http://biginjap.com/en/pvc-figures/9618-t2-art-girls-sugie-sun-maiden-of-eden-.html

She might seem expensive but, she's 1/6 scale [sitting at 16.5 cm, 19.5 cm if you include the leaf] and cast-offable, which always demands a higher price because...well...more PVC [also, the "lewd" nature of it all]. I'm getting her with absolutely no intention of casting her off [I have this mentality for all of my cast-offable figures], I just really love the look of her and, as you said, she'll compliment Alleyne well.

It's already a Day One pre-order for me.

I just need to wait until AmiAmi lists her, hopefully with an exclusive bonus that they usually do for Alphamax/Tony Taka figures.

That alternate expression...HNNNNNNNNNNG

Up at BIJ now.

http://biginjap.com/en/pvc-figures/9618-t2-art-girls-sugie-sun-maiden-of-eden-.html

She might seem expensive but, she's 1/6 scale [sitting at 16.5 cm] and cast-offable, which always demands a higher price because...well...more PVC [also, the "lewd" nature of it all]. I'm getting her with absolutely no intention of casting her off [I have this mentality for all of my cast-offable figures], I just really love the look of her and, as you said, she'll compliment Alleyne well.

10k is the norm for skytube stuff. I assume its licensing. I mean almost every figure before the price jump was around 9-10k for skytube. Nothing has changed.

chrono01

10k is the norm for skytube stuff. I assume its licensing. I mean almost every figure before the price jump was around 9-10k for skytube. Nothing has changed.
Oh, I know I own a couple of Skytube/Tony Taka figures, and they're well worth the asking price. As you said, it's normal for them.

I was just explaining why I felt it personally demands the higher-price tag, since the last couple of pages had several mentions of PVC figure prices going up. I didn't want people thinking that Skytube was doing the same when, in actuality, they've remained very consistent with their pricing [for Tony Taka-related figures].

what are you doing. you passed up shiro for her?!
Yep.

No Game No Life is a popular anime, so the possibility that more manufacturers [GSC, Alter, etc.] will release sculpts of her during this upcoming hobby event is decent, and Kotobukiya prices generally fall after release and/or are usually easy to find on third-party sites for/around MSRP, oftentimes cheaper.

The Skytube/Tony Taka stuff, on the other hand...good luck. I mean, some you might be able to find for at MSRP [if you're lucky], but they have a tendency to increase in-price pretty rapidly, just look at the first two Fault! figures released by them.

Basically, I like both [and haven't said a permanent "no" to Shiro], but if I'm going to pre-order one of them, it will be Sugie San. Shiro I'll try to find for a bargain post-release, assuming GSC/Alter/etc. don't release one that looks even better.

Ken

Yep.

No Game No Life is a popular anime, so the possibility that more manufacturers [GSC, Alter, etc.] will release sculpts of her during this upcoming hobby event is decent, and Kotobukiya prices generally fall after release and/or are usually easy to find on third-party sites for/around MSRP, oftentimes cheaper.

The Skytube/Tony Taka stuff, on the other hand...good luck. I mean, some you might be able to find for at MSRP [if you're lucky], but they have a tendency to increase in-price pretty rapidly, just look at the first two Fault! figures released by them.

Basically, I like both [and haven't said a permanent "no" to Shiro], but if I'm going to pre-order one of them, it will be Sugie San. Shiro I'll try to find for a bargain post-release, assuming GSC/Alter/etc. don't release one that looks even better.

but it's just a girl with some leaves zzz

raven777

Is nippon-yasan a good site for exclusives? I only know BiJ and NY and BiJ seems that they take the money right away when you preorder while NY waits until it actually ships.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Yay! I've been waiting on this one.

EDIT: DAT PRICE DOE. Why? She's large at 1/6 scale (so she matches Alleyne), but c'mon. Iris was 9,400 and at the same scale. The only difference I can tell is that there's a better base and two expressions.

And these tend to sell out, too. Pre-ordering is practically a must.

Why is that figure so expensive? theres nothing to her design.

Under soft lighting, Alphamax body sculpts look pretty phenomenal. The big leaf is cute, too.

raven777

Yay! I've been waiting on this one.

EDIT: DAT PRICE DOE. Why? She's large at 1/6 scale (so she matches Alleyne), but c'mon. Iris was 9,400 and at the same scale. The only difference I can tell is that there's a better base and two expressions.

And these tend to sell out, too. Pre-ordering is practically a must.

Under soft lighting, Alphamax body sculpts look pretty phenomenal. The big leaf is cute, too.

how long do they usually last before it becomes sold out?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
how long do they usually last before it becomes sold out?

They might be available for a week or two. At least, that's been the M.O. for the more lewd Tony Taka figures in the past. The cast-off ones tend to sell out quick, whereas ones like Daisy and Velvet can still be gotten second hand at a decent discount. They're either more popular or Alphamax opts to make fewer of them.

Hello figure GAF. Recently received my first ever figure, so this will be my first time posting in this thread, of which I learned existed mere hours ago :p
It's a Cold Cast 1/6 prepainted figure of Kei from the 80's classic anime/manga Dirty Pair. Yuri (the other half of Dirty Pair) will soon be on her way to join her companion.

Please forgive my crappy pictures as the only camera I own is on my iPad

Hello and welcome! Stick around a while and join us in our wallet destroying rituals.

RocBase

Hmmmmmm, BiJ has the black uniform Tetsuya up for pre-order.

Very tempting...Generally there's no problems with ordering from them right? The whole immediate payment thing though :x

BiJ are great, they've been my go-to figure shop lately.
9200 is kinda expensive for Kuroko though, I imagine that's exactly the same sculpt as the standard release but with the black jersey yeah? You're free to buy whatever you want of course, but I guess I just wanted to warn you that he's pretty tiny for a 1/8 scale.

9200 is kinda expensive for Kuroko though, I imagine that's exactly the same sculpt as the standard release but with the black jersey yeah? You're free to buy whatever you want of course, but I guess I just wanted to warn you that he's pretty tiny for a 1/8 scale.
That's too much for Kuroko with just a black jersey....

Though I wasn't too impressed with the series, I am hoping the Space Dandy figures go up for preorder soon.....

Yeah, 9200 is pretty expensive, but he is exclusive to two stores only (both of which I don't expect any discounts from), so 9200 isn't too bad >_>

I think it's pretty hard to find the first release for less than that though :x

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
thanks for the welcome.

btw, as I’m new to figure collecting, does myfigurecollection.net have the largest database for all things concerning anime and game figures?

Welcome.

And absolutely. Stuff gets updated on myfigurecollection.net immediately. It's remarkably up to date and complete.

cajunator

Banned
Hello figure GAF. Recently received my first ever figure, so this will be my first time posting in this thread, of which I learned existed mere hours ago :p
It's a Cold Cast 1/6 prepainted figure of Kei from the 80's classic anime/manga Dirty Pair. Yuri (the other half of Dirty Pair) will soon be on her way to join her companion.

Welcome. You have excellent taste both in name and in figure choices.
Be careful with coldcast, its very fragile.

RocBase

Yeah, 9200 is pretty expensive, but he is exclusive to two stores only (both of which I don't expect any discounts from), so 9200 isn't too bad >_>

I think it's pretty hard to find the first release for less than that though :x

Ahhh that's true lol
Wasn't he supposed to get a re-release though? Whatever happened to that

Bombless

Welp. I ordered this girl - http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98982 .
I hope to get her friend http://myfigurecollection.net/item/95937 soon as well.

3QLCer0.png

Welcome:
l2Qes19.png

Ultimadrago

Again thanks for the wishes guys.

Here's another great birthday gift to me from Alter.

a6kmpanlrsfy.jpg

Thanks god. They mentioned him last Tales Fest, then never mentioned him again. I wonder if we're getting anymore Alter Tales figs announced this year since Tales Fest is this weekend.

That Lloyd.

Damn, that Lloyd looks good.

==================

On another note, I wasn't aware until recently that Alter's Minase Iori got a one month delay from this month.

yourebaaaack...ornotdhuqs.gif

Goddammit.

Again thanks for the wishes guys.

Here's another great birthday gift to me from Alter.

Thanks god. They mentioned him last Tales Fest, then never mentioned him again. I wonder if we're getting anymore Alter Tales figs announced this year since Tales Fest is this weekend.

Oh it's your birthday? Happy Birthday man:
45-6QbaLqzl.jpg

Almost missed that Lloyd and it is so getting delayed XD, I just want Sheena and Lloyd from Alter =P but don't think Sheena is popular =(

Ahhh that's true lol
Wasn't he supposed to get a re-release though? Whatever happened to that

Yeah, considering I was probably willing to drop up to $100 dollars if I saw Kuroko on sale at AX, I think I rather go for one with an uniform I like more. :p

This is me totally trying to justify this purchase I haven't made yet

Almost missed that Lloyd and it is so getting delayed XD, I just want Sheena and Lloyd from Alter =P but don't think Sheena is popular =(

Stop thinking about the past. We should all hope that Ludger gets an Alter figure instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom