• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
dgYs6WZ.jpg
cd4y2DV.jpg

Let's try this again. Boxes, plastic innards, etc included.

I would snag one but looking at my past post in here I need to follow that practice. Plus that massive order that has yet to come in.

Good luck with the sales though!

The BRS figures are pretty awesome but seem to be pretty rare. They do pop up now and again. You can use http://www.figinstock.com/pre-owned-notifications to set up alerts for when a preowned pops up for sale on amiami or mandarake. I'm not sure if those BRS got bootlegged but just in general be careful when buying on ebay.
Thanks for the advice! I'll be keeping an eye out in the future... er, not that I'm thinking of buying it of course.

No, I'm not quitting, but I'm cutting way back. Only buying figures of series I'm huge fans of, no more of "wow I kinda like this, buying" or "wow, everyone else is getting it so I will too".

So, that pretty much limits it to Tales of, DanganRonpa, Persona, and non-Saber F/SN. There will be a few exceptions like OS Sorceress, GSC Satsuki, and AoT Titan figures. Good thing the focus on BoatGirls will make this easy.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'll keep buying my comic bishoujos, and maybe Street Fighter ones, too. But for the most part, my animu figures are going to cut down drastically. I just hate having to constantly keep updated with figure releases and have to spend $300+ per month at times. That said, this caught my eye, too. So if I have no regular monthly hobby costs by that point, I can buy her with a clean conscience.

Bombless

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'll keep buying my comic bishoujos, and maybe Street Fighter ones, too. But for the most part, my animu figures are going to cut down drastically. I just hate having to constantly keep updated with figure releases and have to spend $300+ per month at times. That said, this caught my eye, too. So if I have no regular monthly hobby costs by that point, I can buy her with a clean conscience.

This reminds me a friend just received his Diablo one. I need to pay him a visit!

meijiko

Chances of me getting that Miku before October is up? I'm guessing none, unless I go the overpriced YJA route. I wanted her for my Halloween display. :(

Guess there's always next year.

PewPewK

Chances of me getting that Miku before October is up? I'm guessing none, unless I go the overpriced YJA route. I wanted her for my Halloween display. :(

Guess there's always next year.

There's like a 10% chance I'd be willing to help people from this thread get her while she's on sale at Miku Expo in October.

No promises though.

WolfStark

She's still at the post office for me, gotta pick her up soon.

Also, that uplark kamina figure came up last night.
I hesitated and now he's gone... ;_;

There is coming another chance, I am sure ;)
Was glad Ryuko wasn't catched up from the customs, can't walk hundred meters without a hurting leg and they were so smart to put the customs office right between two train stations with a long, long way to walk right by a highway. I hope the next figures reach me as same as easily as little Ryuko^^

Meyneth

There is coming another chance, I am sure ;)
Was glad Ryuko wasn't catched up from the customs, can't walk hundred meters without a hurting leg and they were so smart to put the customs office right between two train stations with a long, long way to walk right by a highway. I hope the next figures reach me as same as easily as little Ryuko^^
My sympathies on your leg.
That also sounds like the most awkward place for a customs office to be...
Yeah, I feel that because their boxes are small they're able to slip by customs easier. :D

My order is still sitting at "Processed through Sort Facility" at ICS New York since Sunday night. Guess it is in customs -_- hopefully they don't take forever. Hate the thought of someone going through my stuff.

Bombless

Saw the price in Freeza's post and went "NOPE!" Went to check on Amiami and saw it at 7.5 - "YEP!"

Why? He's almost figma sized and looks amazing. I'm going to check with the local comic goods shop if they'll carry it before ordering though.

Jayhawk

It was cool to see a GSC booth and a Kotobukiya booth at the Toronto Fan Expo this year. I hope this trend continues in the future for my home city!

Thrasher429

Neo Member
Just received the payment request for my August order. Damage only came out to be 23.2k yen, which is pretty much what my order without shipping was already gonna cost before the keychains were removed, so I'm pretty happy. Can't wait for Meido Biribiri, Mikan and Casual Fate.

Arclaid

There are shops that sell prize figures, unless they're double or last prize or something.

Well that's true.

I don't think I've seen Kyun-Chara figures pop up on online stores aside from Mandarake or Yahoo Auctions (or AmiAmi's preowned section on rare occasions), though. Maybe I just don't look in the right places.

Well that's true.

I don't think I've seen Kyun-Chara figures pop up on online stores aside from Mandarake or Yahoo Auctions (or AmiAmi's preowned section on rare occasions), though. Maybe I just don't look in the right places.

After some digging on MFC, they're made by Banpresto, came out August 30th, and are apparently lol expensive. Satsuki is on a yahoo auction for 10k. XD

Arclaid

Pre-ordered the Ace 10th LIMITED Ver. P.O.P figure when I hadn't planned to. Had no figures in December before this. Sigh.

After some digging on MFC, they're made by Banpresto, came out August 30th, and are apparently lol expensive. Satsuki is on a yahoo auction for 10k. XD

Yikes. It's cheaper to get the scaled figures. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom