• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

ORDERED

i think i even selected ems im not sure

GET YAMATO HEAVY ARMAMENTS TOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :p

image.php

AND SHIMAKAZE AMAKUNI WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE shes adoooroble

15108711876_043f1bdcbb_k.jpg

Ive had 5 beers tonight while working on my Orthanc build......

Drayco21

Is Figure GAF okay with western figures too? I collect Marvel Legends and have no other communities to talk about this stuff.

Finally hunted down an Agent Venom after weeks of hunting for one. Why Walgreens of all retailers wanted an exclusive is beyond me, but I'm just happy to finally be able to add him to my Spider-Family shelf.

(Sorry for the not great quality phone picture, I need to get home next weekend before I can take pictures of the full shelf later)

Finally hunted down an Agent Venom after weeks of hunting for one. Why Walgreens of all retailers wanted an exclusive is beyond me, but I'm just happy to finally be able to add him to my Spider-Family shelf

I didn't even know they made a figure out of Flash Thompson Venom. It's been a long time since I hunted down figures in US retailers. :D

Local comic shops had an annoying habit (and probably still do) of paying off retail employees to get first crack at certain figures when the case-packs get opened.

Drayco21

I didn't even know they made a figure out of Flash Thompson Venom. It's been a long time since I hunted down figures in US retailers. :D

Local comic shops had an annoying habit (and probably still do) of paying off retail employees to get first crack at certain figures when the case-packs get opened.

That's devious. Local comic shop was charging nearly $40 for Flash the other day, but they only had the one so I can't imagine my LCS is doing this, unless they were pawning the others off online. If it weren't for the fact that he's 8 to a case and there's a Walgreens relatively close to my university, I'd probably have given in and payed the scalper prices for it.

so this entire time i had a figure assembled the wrong way....

Well after breaking (but I guess its more like manufacture defect since it plugs right back in...) and looking at pics I was like "OH"

That's devious. Local comic shop was charging nearly $40 for Flash the other day, but they only had the one so I can't imagine my LCS is doing this, unless they were pawning the others off online. If it weren't for the fact that he's 8 to a case and there's a Walgreens relatively close to my university, I'd probably have given in and payed the scalper prices for it.

Most comic shops do that. They won't pay more than retail price for a figure. They need to make a good profit once they jack up the price. I know my LCS did it pretty hardcore way back when the Hasbro Star Wars figures were the big thing, circa the Episode I release. I'm sure they still do it, but the action figure market doesn't seem to be as strong as it was 5-10 years back.

Bombless

Damn this death month. There was an Append Miku for 5k on Amiami and I had to pass. It went away 30 mins later.

There is cause for celebration though, as this little cutie was also available and, while I couldn't get her for mom, she was still up when I got to her house. I interpreted her squeeing and pointing at the screen as "ORDER THIS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW NOWWWWWWWW" and promptly set her up.
gumonshoe1408939275.jpeg

kiryogi

Banned
Damn this death month. There was an Append Miku for 5k on Amiami and I had to pass. It went away 30 mins later.

There is cause for celebration though, as this little cutie was also available and, while I couldn't get her for mom, she was still up when I got to her house. I interpreted her squeeing and pointing at the screen as "ORDER THIS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW NOWWWWWWWW" and promptly set her up.
gumonshoe1408939275.jpeg

Santa Miku is one of the best Miku nendos.

Arclaid

Got a few packages in this week. A bunch of straps/artbooks and a Nyanko-sensei prize figure that I'd been looking for, but more importantly--

Some new recruits for the ever-expanding Kirby army.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Lucky for me, I think the more drunk I get the more mean with my money I get, and I'm already pretty mean when sober.

Today I received an email from AmiAmi apologizing for the old shipping notice mail they sent yesterday :p

Due to a system error, you may have received several shipping notifications for previously shipped orders on September 5-6th 2014 JST.
If you received that email, please disregard it, we did not ship again the same order nor you were charged twice for it.
If you did not receive the email, please disregard this notice.
We deeply apologize for the confusion and thank you for your understanding.

WolfStark

Already supported their kickstarter for $100 but not gonna up it another $200 for the statue as much as I kind of want it =/

It sure would've helped if the statue would already be finished, so you know what you get. Paying such a high amount without an idea how it may look like (at least we have an artwork now) is nothing what I would do. But they're animators not figure artist, so understable that they couldn't provide that. I pledged 30$ and I am so glad that UtD got funded and over 700k, that's amazing!

cajunator

Banned
This one zoomed in today :)

io88wIf2D44ZB.JPG

ibb5nJv8dQpma0.JPG

iJadVMPQpaPQA.JPG

inP1fyaASiRO7.JPG

ibgDiAEzsBvCPB.JPG

ibkfIbrG2LkEIA.JPG

ibz7BE42Ub4nSy.JPG

ibvgJg5eGBOuLg.JPG

Really happy with it! Build quality is great, as is the paint job. Looking forward to adding the newer models once they are released :)

Nice! As a car nut I can appreciate that. I collect the 1:18 scale diecast cars with opening doors and hoods and such. Mostly the mid engined ones.

cajunator

Banned

gumonshoe1408939275.jpeg

I need this.

gokieks

She is though. Alter did a really good job. This isn't Megahouse's version we're talking about here.

It's better than MegaHouse and probably the best version, yes, but I still wouldn't call it great. At the list price I'd have no problems paying for it, but at almost twice the price, I'm hesitant.

(Depending on how long it stays available though I might eventually talk myself into it.)

omlet

It's better than MegaHouse and probably the best version, yes, but I still wouldn't call it great. At the list price I'd have no problems paying for it, but at almost twice the price, I'm hesitant.

(Depending on how long it stays available though I might eventually talk myself into it.)

I'm with you. Even though Chie is obviously the best girl, a Yukiko is fine, too (I main Yukiko in Arena), and that red and black make an eye-catching figure. It's a good looking piece from Alter that gets the face right, but I don't think it's 12k worth of eye-catching...

Watch it turn out to be made by Griffon.
I think they're actually getting GSC to do it, but I'm not dropping $200 for a figure. That's like breaking my code of conduct in buying figures XD

Such a shame Persona figures seem to have sold poorly otherwise I would guess Alter would continue making their figures, and they should've went with Chie. After seeing and hearing opinions in Japan lol.

WolfStark

I thought the figure tier was $500.

Afaik you can add things like Bluray/DVD and the figure at 60$ to your pledge and there the figure costs 200$ to add. Edit: sorry, a little bit too late

Normally that is also way over my limit but Yamato was the first I had to get now and should there ever be a Hot Toys of Tyrion Lannister or someone I love on the same level as him, I will break the rule again.
I hope it's GSC. I read one comment in the section on Kickstarter hoping for a Nendoroid of her, that would be cool.

I think they're actually getting GSC to do it, but I'm not dropping $200 for a figure. That's like breaking my code of conduct in buying figures XD

You can just buy it on the cheap from someone later when they realize they can't pay their rent after spending so much supporting kickstarters.

Ryuuroden

Afaik you can add things like Bluray/DVD and the figure at 60$ to your pledge and there the figure costs 200$ to add. Edit: sorry, a little bit too late

Normally that is also way over my limit but Yamato was the first I had to get now and should there ever be a Hot Toys of Tyrion Lannister or someone I love on the same level as him, I will break the rule again.
I hope it's GSC. I read one comment in the section on Kickstarter hoping for a Nendoroid of her, that would be cool.

You getting this version?

9.jpg

7.jpg

Not Hot Toys but looks pretty good.

ThreeZero Game of Thrones 1/6 scale Tyrion Lannister 8.7-inch (22 cm) action figure

Figure details: 22cm (8.7") tall and articulated body; Realistic head sculpt of Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister; Two pairs of exchangeable hands with rings; Custom made clothes include: belt, trousers, camisole, boots and other clothes elements shown on photos. Figure comes with the following 1/6 scale accessories: goblet and book.

$130 USD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom