• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

RkkIy9M.jpg

RMI

Banned
I really like the pose and dress but am I the only one here to who the idea of buying a figure of a fictional idol is just kind of hard to get over?

I don't know how this is different from any other figure.

It's a great looking fig, anyway.

omlet

I don't know how this is different from any other figure.

I guess it's hard to explain, but it's like...a representation of a representation, I guess? Like, more artificial than the vibe I get from the other figures in my collection? I don't know, maybe I'm just weird. Either way, at almost half MSRP, that niggling seems to be losing power over me. I typically don't let source material keep me away from a figure I'm interested in
unless it's sword garbage online

RMI

Banned
it's like...a representation of a representation, I guess? Like, more artificial than the vibe I get from the other figures in my collection?

I understand what you're saying, but this exact thing is a lot of the reason I like Hatsune Miku as much as I do.

StayDead

So moving away from shipgirls for a moment here, Amiami has another im@s Rin scale for under 5k... I'm tempted... I really like the pose and dress but am I the only one here to who the idea of buying a figure of a fictional idol is just kind of hard to get over? ("Idol" being the key thing here since that whole culture/concept just doesn't appeal to me at all really.)

2D Idols > 3D Idols.

The iDOLM@STER girls are all incredible. ALL OF THEM! :D

RMI

Banned
just ordered one of these from Mandarake for 1,500

She's kind of homely looking, but i think it's the closest I'll ever get to a proper guild cutie scale figure.

hm just noticed that NY has the green one, but it's 3750. Little pricey for a prize fig.

george_us

Phat! Ryuko is a little smaller than I thought she'd be. She is listed at 1/8th scale but I always thought 1/7th and 1/8th were basically interchangeable. Asmodeus is listed as 1/8th scale and she fits in with my 1/7th figures nicely, but Ryuko is noticeably smaller. Other than that complaint, I'm very happy with her.

Phat! Ryuko is a little smaller than I thought she'd be. She is listed at 1/8th scale but I always thought 1/7th and 1/8th were basically interchangeable. Asmodeus is listed as 1/8th scale and she fits in with my 1/7th figures nicely, but Ryuko is noticeably smaller. Other than that complaint, I'm very happy with her.

Ya, noticed that myself. Of course she is crouching rather low but still.

Hobby search had a big update on their sale but everything good sold out already. :(

All your fault for not mentioning it sooner. You're the thread creator, you have a responsibility to enable.

They still have a few things of note left. Seraphim mode Sakuya for about half price, and Dragon Nest Sorceress for 4k.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Uhhh....I just got 2 shipping confirmation emails from amiami, of stuff they already shipped and sent confirmation emails of months ago.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, same tracking number, though the date at the bottom is different. Just don't bill me twice plz.

Ryuuroden

Ryuuroden dies of cuteness mega-bomb attack watching Renge sees first sunrise of the New Year episode. Every episode makes a good argument for the nendo but I will not give in to that. I am not starting on nendo's Candy Store and Renge together are the best.

Bombless

Ryuuroden dies of cuteness mega-bomb attack watching Renge sees first sunrise of the New Year episode. Every episode makes a good argument for the nendo but I will not give in to that. I am not starting on nendo's Candy Store and Renge together are the best.

Ok first off, good on you for watching it. I love that show, always brings a huge smile to my face watching it. That episode in paticular is awesome.

Secondly....yes..yes you must buy Renchon.

WbOpcXU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom