• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!

3euBBpr.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Hey, I'm not crazy!

...Perhaps a bit low on the willpower to resist the spending of money, but not crazy!

[I thought I would stop with the initial line, and here I am collecting the "outfit ver." of the Seven Deadly Sins too. -_-]

Just take your meds and it'll all go away. It's your own fault!

I just want to state for the record that I have not preordered Yamato or any other scaled fig of KanColle. I cannot speak on the Nendos of them though /ahem

>.>

kewlmyc

I don't get the Seven Deadly Sins either. is it based on an anime or eroge or something? Most have a year waiting time for the pre orders to ship as well, what the fuck?

chrono01

Just eat that instead. It'll have the same effect.
I dunno. Seems like it might be a bit difficult on the internal organs.

It wouldn't help anyway, I've memorized my credit card number as well as the expiry date/security code. I'd need a memory wipe to be truly safe.

I don't get the Seven Deadly Sins either. is it based on an anime or eroge or something? Most have a year waiting time for the pre orders to ship as well, what the fuck?
Nope, it's just an original property created by Hobby Japan.

Apparently there was supposed to be anime [not in-relation to the OTHER Seven Deadly Sins anime coming up], but we haven't heard anything for a long while, It was probably cancelled. :(

Einbroch

Banned
I dunno. Seems like it might be a bit difficult on the internal organs.

It wouldn't help anyway, I've memorized my credit card number as well as the expiry date/security code. I'd need a memory wipe to be truly safe.

Well, I've done all I can.

Good luck. May
Santa
Satan be with you.

I don't even know what it is, I think it was an eroge. There was going to be an anime or something at one point, but those plans seem to have fallen through.

PewPewK

That being said, Levi-chan's tshirt is a biiiiiiiitch. Couldn't close it and I just gave up rather than brute force it and break something.

Read a comment on MyFigureCollection with an easy solution to the shirt problem. What you need to do is take the shirt off and assemble all the pegs off of the figure (much easier to do so than on the figure). Once you get all the pegs in, wait a few hours (I waited 24) and the slots will expand to better fit the pegs and getting the shirt on and off will be a 30 second matter. Worked extremely well for me, you should try it.

Nope, it's just an original property created by Hobby Japan.

Apparently there was supposed to be anime [not in-relation to the OTHER Seven Deadly Sins anime coming up], but we haven't heard anything for a long while, It was probably cancelled. :(

Doubt it's canceled, and it also wasn't a full series, just a few OVAs. Probably still on its way.

ufcMMGa.png

Let me make it up to you by informing you of this "onii-chan" calling alarm clock ;D
Haven't watched the show so no idea if you like it XD

Lol haven't watched it either but I did buy a art book for it. Cause I know damn well I will like it with how cute all the pics i have scene from it are.

I am weak...

Giolon

So here it is, my old Asmodeus up for sale:

As you can see, she has some damage, in that the piece of her cape that drapes over her left shoulder has come detached from the rest of the cape. Fortunately, when it is on her, the gap is barely noticeable. You can see Mandarake is selling one with this same damage for 20,000 yen.

Oh, and she has no rust stains, but when I got her, her chain was very rusty. It's been cleaned w/ CLR so there is no more visible rust, but parts of it are slightly dulled.

She's otherwise in really great condition, displayed in a smoke free home out of direct sunlight. I'm hoping to get $100 for her. If you're in the US, that will include free shipping. If you're outside the US, I'll have to look up prices where you are but it will be an additional cost.

I'll give this a couple days on here before taking her to MFC/eBay. If you wanted to get the original color scheme of Asmodeus, but missed your chance(s), I think this is a great opportunity. As good as she looks in photos, she's absolutely stunning in person.

PewPewK

So here it is, my old Asmodeus up for sale:

As you can see, she has some damage, in that the piece of her cape that drapes over her left shoulder has come detached from the rest of the cape. Fortunately, when it is on her, the gap is barely noticeable. You can see Mandarake is selling one with this same damage for 20,000 yen.

Oh, and she has no rust stains, but when I got her, her chain was very rusty. It's been cleaned w/ CLR so there is no more visible rust, but parts of it are slightly dulled.

She's otherwise in really great condition, displayed in a smoke free home out of direct sunlight. I'm hoping to get $100 for her. If you're in the US, that will include free shipping. If you're outside the US, I'll have to look up prices where you are but it will be an additional cost.

I'll give this a couple days on here before taking her to MFC/eBay. If you wanted to get the original color scheme of Asmodeus, but missed your chance(s), I think this is a great opportunity. As good as she looks in photos, she's absolutely stunning in person.

Definitely a good deal, too bad I own her already, haha.

Bombless

Thanks for the Levi tip, I'm going to try that.

I am dissapointed by the figFIX line. Figma sized scales, bleh. Seems GSC wants some of that ArtFX pie Kotobukiya is having.

johnsmith

remember me
Figfixes are the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. All the shitty parts of figmas (size and quality) without the good parts (poseability).

apricot

I fixed up my broken Code of Princess Ali Baba figure and did my first attempt at a figure review, if anyone's interested! I'd love some impressions/tips so I can make them better in the future. A camera with a good macro function is kind of a priority >_>

Out of curiosity, what are people's preferences on scale? Ali is 1/7, which didn't really mean anything until I saw her in person. Is the general rule of thumb "bigger is better" or does smaller allow for more details?

Giolon

I fixed up my broken Code of Princess Ali Baba figure and did my first attempt at a figure review, if anyone's interested! I'd love some impressions/tips so I can make them better in the future. A camera with a good macro function is kind of a priority >_>

Out of curiosity, what are people's preferences on scale? Ali is 1/7, which didn't really mean anything until I saw her in person. Is the general rule of thumb "bigger is better" or does smaller allow for more details?

I read your review, and I thought the text was very good. Photography-wise, you did a great job at getting the right exposure. If you have a narrower/longer focal length lens, please give that a try next time. The wider the angle, the more it warps perspective and exaggerates distance on objects that are close up. That's why you get shots where it looks like part of the figure is disproportionately sized compared to the rest. Sometimes you can use it for good dramatic effect, but I don't think that's the objective here.

Let me end by saying I really love the photo that is a close up of Ali's keys. That's an angle I overlooked myself.

Bigger allows for more detail. Smaller figures are usually less detailed.
However, bigger figures usually take up more room, which becomes a crisis for everyone eventually.

Jayhawk

So, any Figure-GAF members have any tips for shopping for figures in Tokyo since I'll be down there for TGS? Any spots to check out other than Mandarake in Akihabara? I assume they'll be cash-only. I'm afraid of bootlegs from other stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom