• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, not really figure related but I got my boat girls artbook. Jesus christ this thing is massive. It's about 430 pages and 390 of them are chock full of art.

If you're a fan I'd say it's worth it. I'm not really that much of a fan myself but I got it because I really like the designs.

Alright, not really figure related but I got my boat girls artbook. Jesus christ this thing is massive. It's about 430 pages and 390 of them are chock full of art.

If you're a fan I'd say it's worth it. I'm not really that much of a fan myself but I got it because I really like the designs.

whered you get it

dani_dc

I tried my best, but aegis isn't obscenely large enough for an effective colossal titan scene. :(

tumblr_nbpgh7CPoR1qhqqfyo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbpgh7CPoR1qhqqfyo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbpgh7CPoR1qhqqfyo1_1280.jpg

That's an 8-10 meters Titan at best.
Still looks pretty cool.

Preview: Touhou Project - Remilia & Flandre Scarlet Complete Figures by Aquamarine
Meshi here, ready to serve up another heaping helping of figure previews. Its unique, highly stylized designs have elevated Touhou Project beyond just another series--it's a cultural movement and a genre unto itself. Disclaimer: ZUN isn't paying me for the endorsement, scout's honor. Touhou is just that amazing. With that out of the way, let's dig in!
Touhou Project - Remilia Scarlet Complete Figure [Aquamarine]

Touhou Project - Flandre Scarlet Complete Figure [Aquamarine]

Special Feature: The Birth of Kotobukiya Figures and Plastic Kits: Part 2

Hey there, Shizu Mecha here with Part 2 of our Kotobukiya special feature. This time around we take you to the Kotobukiya Prototype department! Part 1 looked at the cutting edge of figure technology so Part 2 will take you back to the roots of the art form with a look at traditional sculpting.

Oh, and please pardon the heavy blurring of photos--the office was chock full of yet unannounced figures and top secret projects! I was literally looking over everyone's shoulders as they were hard at work so these photos are as real and raw as you’re going to get!

Prototype Sculptor Tatsuya Hattaori Interview

Shizu Mecha (SM): Thanks for letting me tag along with you today! To start, could you tell our readers about some of the figures you've worked on?

Hattori (H): Let's see… I did the scale figures for the es Series and just about all of the One Coin Grande Figure Collections to date. I've also worked on the ARTFX J Super Dangan Ronpa 2 figures, Trigun and a lot more.

*The es Series started in 2006 with beautiful yet masculine males as its focus. Along with ARTFX J the series enjoys popularity among female fans to this day.

SM: Your pristine yet manly male designs are no doubt responsible for bringing lots of women into the hobby. I'll never forget the frenzy when we introduced your New Prince of Tennis figures on the AmiAmi Blog.

H: My division is mainly responsible for male figures so that's what I'm usually associated with, but I've been known to sculpt a bishojo or two in the past. I suppose you could say I am a jack of all trades but a master of men.

SM: The popularity of your Shiki Ryougi -Yume no Youna, Hibi no Nagori- proves that you are a master in all regards! Regardless of the character, what do you strive for when you sculpt a new figure?

H: I aim to make the definitive figure for that character every time I start a new project. If it's the first figure for a character, I want it to be the best for a long time to come. If it's a popular character with figures already out there, I want people to think mine is the best of the bunch.

I'm also very careful to make sure I bring out the personalities of the characters in my sculpts.

SM: Are there any figures that you are especially proud of?

H: The Sengoku BASARA One Coin Grande Figure Collection got a lot of love from fans. I think that was a major step toward the current popularity of SD male figures.

SM: Nowadays trading figures are a staple of female fandom, but back in 2009 when you released those nobody was even sure if women would buy figures. I commend your efforts!

*continues/more in links*

chrono01

Shimakaze "figFIX" available now at AmiAmi for 3,030 yen.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-007956&page=top

Basically she's around the size of a figma [13cm], but without those nasty joints. I love the idea, since I generally don't "play" with my figma, and I'd rather not look at the joints if I can help it. I do, however, appreciate their small size, and with the amount of KanColle characters, having them all on a single shelf is definitely appealing.

I'm not sure if I'll pre-order, though. I already have a Shimakaze so I don't really feel the need to own another.

Meyneth

Basically she's round the size of a figma [13cm], but without those nasty joints. I love the idea, since I generally don't "play" with my figma, and I'd rather not look at the joints if I can help it. I do, however, appreciate their small size, and with the amount of KanColle characters, having them all on a single shelf is definitely appealing.

I'm not sure if I'll pre-order, though. I already have a Shimakaze so I don't really feel the need to own another.
If these use the same faceplate as regular figmas, someone needs to put figma link's yelling face on there

raven777

Basically she's around the size of a figma [13cm], but without those nasty joints. I love the idea, since I generally don't "play" with my figma, and I'd rather not look at the joints if I can help it. I do, however, appreciate their small size, and with the amount of KanColle characters, having them all on a single shelf is definitely appealing.

I like the concept. One of the reason I don't buy figma is because of those joints. the regular PVC are a lot more pricey and companies like Wave are doing bad quality and crazy price these days.

chrono01

If these use the same faceplate as regular figmas, someone needs to put figma link's yelling face on there
Oh God, the ideas...

I like the concept. One of the reason I don't buy figma is because of those joints. the regular PVC are a lot more pricey and companies like Wave are doing bad quality and crazy price these days.
Yeah, it's an intriguing idea for sure.

Also, I just ordered this [definitely NSFW]:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-610580.html

I'm not sure if Mandarake still has her in-stock or not, but I figured it was worth a try. Seeing her for 6,000 yen [unopened], when she generally goes for 8,000+ yen opened, I just couldn't pass it up. She's been on my list for a while now.

I might have to cancel a game pre-order [or two], though. I'm okay with that, since my backlog is already pretty massive as it is. Not sure which I'll let go yet.

Oh God, the ideas...

Yeah, it's an intriguing idea for sure.

Also, I just ordered this [maybe NSFW?]:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-610580.html

I'm not sure if Mandarake still has her in-stock or not, but I figured it was worth a try. Seeing her for 6,000 yen [unopened], when she generally goes for 8,000+ yen opened, I just couldn't pass it up. She's been on my list for a while now.

I might have to cancel a game pre-order [or two], though. I'm okay with that, since my backlog is already pretty massive as it is. Not sure which I'll let go yet.
DEF NSFW LOL.

chrono01

DEF NSFW LOL.
I think my level of NSFW'ness has increased since I started collecting figures. I mean, she's not exactly "exposed", but the pose is definitely on the lewd side.

Not good.

I will bold the "NSFW" then, just to be sure.

Oh, and in-regards to the figFIX Shimakaze I posted earlier, it seems that their Shinobu has been painted as well.

Not the usual figure for me, but it was free & I got it autographed too from the man himself:

AFAC59DC-24D4-4115-A0A5-42BE85B29F70_zpscrxy0bha.jpg

Was a special event giveaway at the Giants game tonight. And if you can't read the signature, it's Todd McFarlane.

Drayco21

Not the usual figure for me, but it was free & I got it autographed too from the man himself:

AFAC59DC-24D4-4115-A0A5-42BE85B29F70_zpscrxy0bha.jpg

Was a special event giveaway at the Giants game tonight. And if you can't read the signature, it's Todd McFarlane.

That's really neat. It's kind of baffling that it's a crossover that even exists, but I think that only makes it cooler.

Haha was gonna post a link to BiJ for those who missed Danganronpa's Kirigiri Kyouko but it seems I bought one that was cancelled XD and now it's out of stocks again =P

StayDead

didn't combine shipping?

The only time I ever did that I got smacked with a huge customs bill so I haven't bothered since then.

I should probably do it more often but I send some things unregistered and some things registered so it doesn't end up too expensive.

Oh look it's that girl who had the messed up hair on the other figure XD:

figFIX Shimakaze: Half-Damage ver.
o0515075713061491724.jpg

The very first in the fixFIX series of figma-sized statue figures comes Shimakaze from Kantai Collection -KanColle- in her half-damage version!
Her ripped clothes an knee socks all preserved in detail and three damaged Rensouhou-chans are also included to display beside her!Be sure to display her alongside her figma counterpart, or with other figma figures in the KanColle series!
Zekamashi-chaaaan! [╹△╹。]
The half damaged version of Zekamashi-chan is the very first to join Max Factory’s new figFIX series!
But what exactly is the figFIX series?

Let me explain that quickly! (`・ω・´)
o0515023913062249312.jpg

What is figFIX?

The figma series was created under the concept of articulated figures that still looked great. The figFIX series is a new collectible series of figures that is a spin-off of the figma series – a series that removed the articulated aspect of figmas but instead places them in great fixed poses!

The figFIX series of figures is the same size as figmas (around 1/12th scale) so they can easily be displayed together, but they are fixed in a specific and well-known pose of each character, allowing for a more faithful representation as well as a very reasonable price! The series allows the skilled craftsmen of Max Factory to put their skills to work on more delicate sculpting and paintwork for fans to enjoy!

The head part of figFIX figures makes use of the same joint as the figma series, allowing for some interesting display possibilities for fans to play around with as well!

figFIX Info Page:
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/figFIX
To summarize…
It’s a new series of scale figures from Max Factory that are the same size as figmas!
The first of which is this…

figFIX Shimakaze: Half-Damage ver.!
Which also comes with three Rensouhou-chans! ♪
o0515073013061491920.jpg
o0515046313062491520.jpg

figFIX Shinobu Oshino

Edit: Plamoya 5% off code here:
5% Off for Re-Order
Coupon-Code: quote this part
Valid before: September 15, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.