• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
Out of curiosity, what are people's preferences on scale? Ali is 1/7, which didn't really mean anything until I saw her in person. Is the general rule of thumb "bigger is better" or does smaller allow for more details?

scales on figs mean next to nothing. I have both Catherine and Tharja, both "1/7", both Max Factory, both by the same sculptor, nowhere close to each other in scale. It's a rough guideline more than anything else.

That said, 1/6 all day every day. Bigger is usually better. Although I have to say that I'm becoming rather fond of figs that are sitting since they can fit into smaller shelves here and there where a fig in a standing pose wouldn't have the clearance.

Meyneth

scales on figs mean next to nothing. I have both Catherine and Tharja, both "1/7", both Max Factory, both by the same sculptor, nowhere close to each other in scale. It's a rough guideline more than anything else.

That said, 1/6 all day every day. Bigger is usually better. Although I have to say that I'm becoming rather fond of figs that are sitting since they can fit into smaller shelves here and there where a fig in a standing pose wouldn't have the clearance.
I always thought that the scale (1/6, 1/8) was the scale of the figure compared to its 'life size' measurements.
Eg. 'real life' tharja is 7 times bigger than the figure version (seven figures= one tharja)

Settin

So here it is, my old Asmodeus up for sale:

As you can see, she has some damage, in that the piece of her cape that drapes over her left shoulder has come detached from the rest of the cape. Fortunately, when it is on her, the gap is barely noticeable. You can see Mandarake is selling one with this same damage for 20,000 yen.

Oh, and she has no rust stains, but when I got her, her chain was very rusty. It's been cleaned w/ CLR so there is no more visible rust, but parts of it are slightly dulled.

She's otherwise in really great condition, displayed in a smoke free home out of direct sunlight. I'm hoping to get $100 for her. If you're in the US, that will include free shipping. If you're outside the US, I'll have to look up prices where you are but it will be an additional cost.

I'll give this a couple days on here before taking her to MFC/eBay. If you wanted to get the original color scheme of Asmodeus, but missed your chance(s), I think this is a great opportunity. As good as she looks in photos, she's absolutely stunning in person.
I would totally buy her if I hadn't already paid for the recolor. Do you accept payment in the form of tears and broken dreams?

raven777

541264B74A0AFD001D

After you wanting him so badly? MADNESS! Madness I say!

Well, I was thinking of getting him with future DM figures in mind, too. But the Ren figure is just so underwhelming. And I don't want to start a pricey series like that and feel obligated to buy them all. Like you and your Seven Deadly Sins.

Besides, Ciel reminds me of the word seal, and seals are adorable.

apricot

I read your review, and I thought the text was very good. Photography-wise, you did a great job at getting the right exposure. If you have a narrower/longer focal length lens, please give that a try next time. The wider the angle, the more it warps perspective and exaggerates distance on objects that are close up. That's why you get shots where it looks like part of the figure is disproportionately sized compared to the rest. Sometimes you can use it for good dramatic effect, but I don't think that's the objective here.

Let me end by saying I really love the photo that is a close up of Ali's keys. That's an angle I overlooked myself.

Thanks so much for the tips! I only have a shoddy point and shoot Nikon Coolpix, so unfortunately I can't switch lenses at this point. When I visit my parents at Christmas I'll be inheriting my mom's old DSLR, though, so hopefully I can use that for future reviews!

raven777

oh yea that Halloween miku nendo is not a preorder and has limited supply. so if you want it order it fast when she becomes available on 25th.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My quest for Figma/Figuarts/D-Arts/etc scaled video game figures continues with the PokéPla Pikachu model kit!
There's a surprising lack of large, quality Pikachu figures, so finding out about this guy was a treat.
It takes like 5-10 minutes to put him together, but the end result is pretty much a D-Arts Pikachu for less than $10!

Also, does anyone know of a good Kirby figure? I can't find any in scale.

meijiko

My quest for Figma/Figuarts/D-Arts/etc scaled video game figures continues with the PokéPla Pikachu model kit!
There's a surprising lack of large, quality Pikachu figures, so finding out about this guy was a treat.
It takes like 5-10 minutes to put him together, but the end result is pretty much a D-Arts Pikachu for less than $10!

Also, does anyone know of a good Kirby figure? I can't find any in scale.

Have you seen the magnetic figures before? They're old and a bit rare, but if you can track one down, they're pretty great for a Smash set.

This guy has a really good Smash set, if you want to see comparison shots with other figures.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So there's no out of place candy cane in the original design, but there is for the Nendo. Okay, GSC.

Also, paging Rafa=FedKilla. Haikyuu Nendoroids announced (Hinata and Kageyama).
Nice, very nice. I adore this manga and anime. It's vibe deviates just enough from the normal sports manga formula just enough. Srill hope to find those other Banpresto, but maybe GSC will make some scales.....

Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Halloween Ver.
o0515042713063593052.jpg

From the ‘Character Vocal Series 01: Hatsune Miku’ comes a Nendoroid of Hatsune Miku dressed up a cute little devil for Halloween! Her dress is made in the image of a pumpkin, and the outfit is covered with cute and colorful lace and ribbons! She also features expressions with orange eyeshadow, fangs and wings, bringing out the little devil in Miku for fans to enjoy!

Together with her standard smiling expression, she also comes with a confident sneering expression and a special pumpkin head for all sorts of Halloween pranks! Optional parts include Halloween-themed items such as some candy and a jack-o’-lantern which can even be used as a head part for Nendoroid Petites! Enjoy this year’s Halloween with Miku by your side!
o0515048013063593370.jpg

o0515042813064064547.jpg

o0515047213064116031.jpg

o0515034313063599010.gif

o0515051913063592575.jpg
Preview: Lord of Vermilion III - Teo Complete Figure by Square Enix
Meshi here, ready to serve up another heaping helping of figure previews. No matter where you go people are always lined up in the arcade to play trading card video game LORD of VERMILLION. Today's figure is one of the new player characters, the halfling Teo. Let's dig in!

Preview: Excellent Model RAHDXG.A.NEO - Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Tieria Erde 1/8 Complete Figure by MegaHouse
Hello, Shizu Mecha here.

Last August MegaHouse held a poll asking readers what character should be made into a figure for their Excellent Model 10th anniversary celebration. Guess who made out on top in the RAHDX G.A.NEO category? Well, the post title gives away the surprise but give yourself a drum roll anyway and scroll down for the winner!.

That's right, Tieria Erde as he appears in Season 2 of Mobile Suit Gundam 00! Let's give him a round of applause!

You asked for it and you got it! Here he is sporting the famed fetching evening dress from Episode 8, "Twistedness of Innocence."

The sculpt embodies his graceful poise under pressure. And cheers to the wine-colored paint job! Though personally I'd bring more than a pistol if I was going deep into A-Laws territory...

Meyneth

Finally!!! Now we need TSUKKI and better scale figures!

Though Im kind of not wanting more nendos...my Levi nendo arms keeps falling off and he keeps being unable to stick to the stand...
Nendos are a crapshoot sometimes...
Some nendos have really loose fitting pieces, and others are so tight that I begin to worry of I've received a bootleg (even if I ordered directly from goodsmile) :/

LiK

Man, some guy I sold my figure to keeps harassing me to check out photos and video he did of it. Asked me for my FB and email which I refused. He also found me on twitter but I denied it's me. Fucking annoying stalker. I just sold you shit, I don't wanna be your friend.

Man, some guy I sold my figure to keeps harassing me to check out photos and video he did of it. Asked me for my FB and email which I refused. He also found me on twitter but I denied it's me. Fucking annoying stalker. I just sold you shit, I don't wanna be your friend.

Why you hate me LiK?

johnsmith

remember me

He didn't hot glue them at least. Right?

Figure cows coming soon to a store near you!

Fuck books, they should just become the US branch of AmiAmi. The fixture wasn't anywhere near full yet, but they had Sailor Moon, Godzilla and DBZ stuff, even that new Figuarts Freeza that just came out. Freeza was $34.95, which seems about even with list price. I was surprised there was no real markup.

Einbroch

Banned
Fuck books, they should just become the US branch of AmiAmi. The fixture wasn't anywhere near full yet, but they had Sailor Moon, Godzilla and DBZ stuff, even that new Figuarts Freeza that just came out. Freeza was $34.95, which seems about even with list price. I was surprised there was no real markup.

B&N not marking things up?

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

he's probably a gaffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom