• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittercup

Hi, first post here :)
I love collecting figures but I don't have that many Japanese ones so I'm a bit inexperienced in this regard.
I was looking to buy the Kyoko Kirigiri figure from Danganronpa that is released later this month (http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144354) but it seems she is already sold out in some stores. Since money is a bit tight this month I hadn't planned to buy her right now but now I'm worried that I will miss her.
Will she get back in stores later or is this just a limited production and I should hurry to order?

Giolon

Hi, first post here :)
I love collecting figures but I don't have that many Japanese ones so I'm a bit inexperienced in this regard.
I was looking to buy the Kyoko Kirigiri figure from Danganronpa that is released later this month (http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144354) but it seems she is already sold out in some stores. Since money is a bit tight this month I hadn't planned to buy her right now but now I'm worried that I will miss her.
Will she get back in stores later or is this just a limited production and I should hurry to order?

Hi, welcome!

As people fail to pay for their pre-orders, more stock will appear briefly on sites like AmiAmi and HobbySearch. HLJ currently has her available still: http://www.hlj.com/product/PHT57442/Fig, but be warned HLJ's track record is not the greatest in terms of being able to fulfill pre-orders (They won't scam you out of your money or anything, but you may not end up getting your figure).

Further, keep an eye on that figure's MFC page. People will tend to post comments w/ links when the figure comes back in stock somewhere or appears on 2nd hand sites like Mandarake.

Luigi87

Hi, welcome!

As people fail to pay for their pre-orders, more stock will appear briefly on sites like AmiAmi and HobbySearch. HLJ currently has her available still: http://www.hlj.com/product/PHT57442/Fig, but be warned HLJ's track record is not the greatest in terms of being able to fulfill pre-orders (They won't scam you out of your money or anything, but you may not end up getting your figure).

Further, keep an eye on that figure's MFC page. People will tend to post comments w/ links when the figure comes back in stock somewhere or appears on 2nd hand sites like Mandarake.

Shi-
I'm gonna have to keep an eye on Chiaki now... Just realized AmiAmi has pre-orders closed on her now >_<

Ryuuroden

I have all my Nanoha figures on one shelving unit now instead of spread between 3 rooms :)

I ended up picking up another Vittsjo and put that in my room with my billy/glass doors and I am going to use it for the larger figures. Really good for 1/7 size figures

Yaari

Cool so Kyouko and Sayaka are also getting a ANIPLEX release alongside Mami Tomoe. They will look nice together. Unfortunately did not manage to find Homura yet so hopefully upon release somewhere.

Another Chunibyo girl to go with Rikka, unfortunately she's exclusive:
tumblr_nboi0unoWe1qzdctco1_400.jpg
At least she's not a GK!

Shirrrroooooo

Kotobukiya's Sinon is looking amazing:

chrono01

Sinon looks great, but I just cannot accept that pose.

I mean, I understand what she's doing [air-dodging], but I would have preferred a more stable pose for her [preferably laying face down as she does in the anime awaiting her shot [and showing that booty].

Ryuuroden

Another Chunibyo girl to go with Rikka, unfortunately she's exclusive:

At least she's not a GK!

Shirrrroooooo

Kotobukiya's Sinon is looking amazing:

Rainbow hair ftw, I am surprised we haven't seen any other girls from NGNL yet, really surprised. They were all like made to become figures, just all soo cute and colorful.

Ryuuroden

I mean, I understand what she's doing [air-dodging], but I would have preferred a more stable pose for her [preferably laying face down as she does in the anime awaiting her shot [and showing that booty].

Well, if she is indeed air dodging, that is one of the most "I don't give a fuck" faces I have ever seen of someone dodging death.

Did you see the new episode? They blatantly focus on dat butt-shot while she's on her belly.

RMI

Banned
Sinon looks good, but that pose is a little odd. I haven't watched the recent SAOs, because really FUCK SAO after the shit-show that was Elfheim or whatever the fuck that crap was. Goddamn it.

HOLY SHIT, that eBay buyer found me on Steam! If I go missing, you guys are my witnesses!

man this is turning into some weird shit.

Ryuuroden

Sinon looks good, but that pose is a little odd. I haven't watched the recent SAOs, because really FUCK SAO after the shit-show that was Elfheim or whatever the fuck that crap was. Goddamn it.

man this is turning into some weird shit.

Yes, but the popcorn tastes great.

Meyneth

Cool so Kyouko and Sayaka are also getting a ANIPLEX release alongside Mami Tomoe. They will look nice together. Unfortunately did not manage to find Homura yet so hopefully upon release somewhere.
I'm so excited for Kyoko and Sayaka, I'm totally going to buy them. But that presents a problem, since I'm buying them should I buy all of them?

Giolon

A lot of thing are dropping. That Yamato 2199 Harada figure is down below 4k.

Alter's Elizabeth is primarily dropping though b/c Ques Q came along w/ their P4A version and beat the shit out of the old Alter one.

These posts reminded me that I just finished Yamato 2199 an dwould really like a Yuki Mori figure (but not that awful new one). I already bought Melda for the blue skin
(and maybe the hometown...)
, and was glad she turned out awesome in that show.

Meyneth

Sayaka is the worst. Buy all of them except for her.
Why is sayaka the worst?

I thought it looked like sayaka and Kyoko are going to be one figure (instead of two separate figures). And I like all of them anyway, so I'm buying all of them.

Is it just a case of being very unlucky or does Mandarake sucks this bad? Five times now I've made an order with them only for 3 days later to be cancelled. Is it really that hard for them to call the damn store where the item is and tell them to reserve it? It takes 3 days to do that? Never again, lost some pre-owned AmiAmi stuff because it was cheaper with them but they never, ever deliver.

RMI

Banned
Why is sayaka the worst?

I thought it looked like sayaka and Kyoko are going to be one figure (instead of two separate figures). And I like all of them anyway, so I'm buying all of them.

I meant as a character, the fig will probably be great haha.

Meyneth

I meant as a character, the fig will probably be great haha.
Yeah, what about her character is terrible?
Most people I know who have watched madoka either like or are indifferent to her (most people seem to like homura the best).

Mami's painted version looks good and homura looked good so I'm going to assume aniplex won't mess them up.

RMI

Banned
Yeah, what about her character is terrible?
Most people I know who have watched madoka either like or are indifferent to her (most people seem to like homura the best).

I really disliked the conflict that made her into a magical girl. Just compared to all of the other characters she was my least favorite. Design-wise Mami is my favorite, I really liked the rifle motif of her attacks. Homura's story was my favorite though.

I really disliked the conflict that made her into a magical girl. Just compared to all of the other characters she was my least favorite. Design-wise Mami is my favorite, I really liked the rifle motif of her attacks. Homura's story was my favorite though.
homura was definitely the best, though I wish all the figs werent based off of rebellion...

actually I dont hate that because those designs are awesome, I just hate rebellion so I wont buy them

Yaari

I'm so excited for Kyoko and Sayaka, I'm totally going to buy them. But that presents a problem, since I'm buying them should I buy all of them?

They certainly look nice, but they are getting difficult to obtain. I wanted figures of each and this set is a nice way to go about that. There's some other releases that I liked but none that stood out together in a way that I wanted to see them.

It's too bad Kyubey isnt in this set though, but whatever.

Vlaphor

Just browsing Ebay before work, see a 10% off coupon that expires today, quickly buys a Sylvia Christel for $113.

Ebay makes it a bit too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom