• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

Just got home from my weeklong trip. My Sakuya - mode: Seraphim arrived the day I left town and I couldn't pick it up till today ;.; Anyway's box is huuuge hence the godawful Madoka level EMS costs but maaan, I think I like her more than my ultimate Madoka. She is a real beauty. Photos incoming soon. I can't wait for that detolf to be all archer girls. Once Elf and Signum arrive, that's 4 archers :). Considering the one from Horizon, but I need to find out if it will fit in a Detolf. Maybe Bombless can answer when he gets his since I think I remember him talking about getting that girl with the massive bow.

Figure collecting is amazing to me. It's the only thing I can look at a long list of pre-orders with immense guilt, but I won't cancel, because that would be worse.

I wish they would announce a Yukine for Noragami and not just Yato.
Bo7R0c8CAAAv9jQ.jpg:large
Bo7V8uoIMAAfZLk.jpg

Bombless

The more figures I buy, the more friends waifus I'll be surrounded with; that's how this works, right? I just gotta buy more figures so I'll never be lonely!

tumblr_m6p2yiHrXl1ru3v4eo1_500.gif

Fixed.

Also, Ryuuroden, on the topic of archers, I haven't ordered Tomo yet. I have way too many orders this Summer and I'm secretly hoping she doesn't sell out and drops in price (same with Kazuno).

RocBase

Woo, another figure event.

Aoba's getting a rerelease so woo I'll probably get him. (unless they raise his price for some reason)

The next DRAMAtical Murder figure looks nice.

More Kuroko no Basket figures.

And Black Heart's getting a figure.

For real? The fucking dog?
Yeah his design is dead cool, but Noiz would've been even cooler still – I can't pretend I'm not asspained by this choice. 10 months of waiting and it's of the one character I hated to death lol
oh well
and yey, more Basketball

Superflat

Welcome! It is nice to be have a collection of cute and awesome tucked away in the corner of a room.

I always looked at figures but never knew anything about them till this year when I was introduced to my friend's collection, which was hundreds and hundreds of never-opened 1/8 figures and nendroids. I volunteered to help categorize them on a spreadsheet where I started learning about build quality, manufacturers, etc.

It was fucking nuts to see a whole wall stacked top to bottom with figure boxes. If anything this should have been a warning to me, but I ended up buying a figure online just months later LOL

The reason he's making a spreadsheet for his figures is because he's planning on selling most of em off. If his store ever goes live, I'll link it here, ya know, to perpetuate the cycle.

Okay guys, I'm gonna be starting Attack on Titan.

This shouldn't have any impact on my spending, right?... Right?

It really shouldn't, once you realize all of the human characters are rather boring from a visual standpoint, since they all wear the same drab-as-fuck outfits.

RocBase

FUCK!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!

Any release dates? Especially for the Aoba rerelease?

nope, not yet
i'm guessing they'll probably see a release late fall since the ip has games and stuff being released around then too

Okay guys, I'm gonna be starting Attack on Titan.

This shouldn't have any impact on my spending, right?... Right?

naahhh not really lol, unless you like buying items
they've been very few nice scales tbh

Luigi87

It didn't have any impact on me
yet because they haven't rolled out a Sasha Braus figure yet.

It really shouldn't, once you realize all of the human characters are rather boring from a visual standpoint, since they all wear the same drab-as-fuck outfits.

nope, not yetnaahhh not really lol, unless you like buying items
they've been very few nice scales tbh

Well this is fortunate.
... Gives me more money to get those Danganronpa figures hopefully o_o

Bombless

speaking of attack on titan, koto's levi is painted:

they look pretty damn impressive alongside each other

yeah and after seeing that ARTFX of WW i really wish koto would take up the designs that SS use for their stones. cheaper and guaranteed quality

An impressive mix of brown and green and chrome.

kewlmyc

Aoba's getting a rerelease so woo I'll probably get him. (unless they raise his price for some reason)

The next DRAMAtical Murder figure looks nice.

The DRAMAtical Murder figure series is looking fantastic, but is the source material any good. Google says it's a BL series, but does it have a good story or fun characters?
In the long run, it'll probably be cheaper getting Danganronpa figures compared to AoT's

Speaking of which, here's Kodema's second figure painted.

I don't like him enough to want to buy it :p

How dare you...

Anyway, I already have the previous Komaeda figure, but I'll probably get this one too since he's my favorite character and he matches with the Hinata I ordered.

speaking of attack on titan, koto's levi is painted:

they look pretty damn impressive alongside each other

yeah and after seeing that ARTFX of WW i really wish koto would take up the designs that SS use for their stones. cheaper and guaranteed quality

Kinda hoping they make this into a series.

Ryuuroden

dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, just went to amiami site. dat shiro is fucking killing me. SHES TOO GODDAMN CUUUUUUTE. I don't want to get yet another pre-order and spend another 100 dollars but....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa THAT cuteness factor is sucking me innnnnnnnnnnn. I'm holding strong for now.

Superflat

dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, just went to amiami site. dat shiro is fucking killing me. SHES TOO GODDAMN CUUUUUUTE. I don't want to get yet another pre-order and spend another 100 dollars but....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa THAT cuteness factor is sucking me innnnnnnnnnnn. I'm holding strong for now.

That's basically what's been going in my head for a couple days now.

dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, just went to amiami site. dat shiro is fucking killing me. SHES TOO GODDAMN CUUUUUUTE. I don't want to get yet another pre-order and spend another 100 dollars but....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa THAT cuteness factor is sucking me innnnnnnnnnnn.

I already did. :(

I have to cancel some shit anyway, so I'll just make some extra room for her. What really did me in was OMG RAINBOW HAIR!!!!!!!

chrono01

tumblr_n4b3df_J8_W11r41iwko1_500.gif

raven777

I don't watch No game no life so I don't really know the character but the figure looks good.

I have been thinking if I should pre-order Hajime for a month now. Will decide by this weekend..

Ryuuroden

its a damn good thing Koto doesn't do those full 360 rotating .gifs or I believe my wallet would be already dead. That was the only thing that finally made me cave on elf. If it had not been for some "evil" dude in here posting a rotating .gif I would of been able to hold strong. Something about those just increases the NEED factor of figures. Then again, it may also be because elf is an action pose. I could very well be safe since shiro is static.

chrono01

Chrono, that's just evil man....
don't stop
tumblr_n4xji77_EK71tax9aio1_500.gif

I don't watch No game no life so I don't really know the character but the figure looks good.
Yeah, she looks great. If her price was a 1000/2000 yen or so cheaper, she'd be pre-ordered right now. However, I'm finding it difficult to purchase something that expensive for such a small figure, considering their Kobato [released in 2013] was around the same size, and around 5000 yen cheaper. And she had a chair to go along with her. :/

its a damn good thing Koto doesn't do those full 360 rotating .gifs or I believe my wallet would be already dead. That was the only thing that finally made me cave on elf. If it had not been for some "evil" dude in here posting a rotating .gif I would of been able to hold strong. Something about those just increases the NEED factor of figures. Then again, it may also be because elf is an action pose. I could very well be safe since shiro is static.
I'm not sure what "evil dude" you're talking about. Nope, not at all.

*runs away*

RocBase

The DRAMAtical Murder figure series is looking fantastic, but is the source material any good. Google says it's a BL series, but does it have a good story or fun characters?
story is pretty polarizing (some folks legitimately think it's damn amazing and will rec it in a heartbeat while others think it's literal trash), but it def has neat characters. imo that's what really holds it down

personally i thought the story was interesting and had a lot of cool stuff to work with but it was a bit overambitious, as it didn't exactly succeed in making all its concepts work. there was a lot of wasted potential and too little development for certain important things, overall it could have used a lot more ironing out. that said i still found it largely fun as i didn't really take it seriously in the first place.

but yeah if you're still curious, i'd say just try out the common route and if you're not absorbed by the time it splits, then yeah, jet

An impressive mix of brown and green and chrome.
the magical colors of mother nature
embrace them

Yeah, she looks great. If her price was a 1000/2000 yen or so cheaper, she'd be pre-ordered right now. However, I'm finding it difficult to purchase something that expensive for such a small figure, considering their Kobato [released in 2013] was around the same size, and around 5000 yen cheaper. And she had a chair to go along with her. :/

I too thought of Kobato, but my thoughts eventually veered to how great Shiro would look next to her! XD

But yeah, the price increase is insane. I'm not going to single out Kotobukiya, though. Prices are rising across the board. I think FigureGAF should completely stop ordering figures for two weeks. The industry would be brought to its knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom