• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

so where is this from?
tumblr_n6g0ckRZIX1r0q2ejo1_500.jpg

Yea I preordered her today after thinking about it for a month....

Does AmiAmi really have to print "Used Toy" on the packaging slip? Good thing I don't have their stuff delivered to my work address or else that would be weird.

Does AmiAmi really have to print "Used Toy" on the packaging slip? Good thing I don't have their stuff delivered to my work address or else that would be weird.

Yeah, I wonder what my mailman thought when he was bringing me all those used toys. Considering I don't get too many AmiAmi packages anymore, he must think I'm getting some good use out of them. XD

kewlmyc

...it does? Fuck... I haven't seen it, but maybe that's because I always have used figures mixed with preorder ones.

And this is why,

The Cattleya 1/4.5 is so ridiculous that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own it.
Two more to add to the Panty& Stocking collection. This time the Sega Game Prize versions. Those are the "Used Toy(s)."

For Reference: (Pre-owned ITEM:A/BOX:B)Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Premium Figure - Panty (Game-prize)(Released)
(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Premium Figure - Stocking (Game-prize)(Released) Certainly looks like it should be worse than a B box to me. But maybe that's customs fault...

Bombless

Amiami puts Used Toy on all preowned order slips. It's a fact of life that we've all accepted.

Edit : Damn, that 2nd box is really more of a D or E.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
That girl has no eyes

Needs another eyepatch.

Other things I don't like: Customs.
Although at least this time they processed it pretty quickly, most of the time things sit at the international hub for a week while they decide how much to rip me off by...
Mine take at least a week and half the time they make me email them the receipt because either they can't read english or they hire blind people XD

On a more positive not I got my shipping notice for the month today
X9kZRmT.png

chrono01

I couldn't resist and ordered Shiro on HLJ. Why HLJ? So I can cancel easily in-case I later change my mind on her [or have budget issues] or a better version is announced from someone else. Thank you, HLJ!

Damn it. Why does Shiro have to be so adorable?

AB393310_B8_B3_A70156519781_D7_F90183_ORIG_356_200.gif

cajunator

Banned
I couldn't resist and ordered Shiro on HLJ. Why HLJ? So I can cancel easily in-case I later change my mind on her [or have budget issues] or a better version is announced from someone else. Thank you, HLJ!

You wont change your mind heehee

Whelp. I guess Shiro conquered most of us. I ordered from amiami since I have to cancel some stuff from them anyway at some point, I can just make a bit of extra room for her. And I absolutely need to have her sitting next to Kobato. There is no other option. Resistance is futile.

Either A/A boxes are sold as new or they automatically consider preowned as B at the minimum.

Not true. I've seen an A/A before. It was that limited edition Nami P.O.P. figure that came with a guidebook.

chrono01

You wont change your mind heehee
More than likely I won't. I mean, how could I? >_<

Whelp. I guess Shiro conquered most of us. I ordered from amiami since I have to cancel some stuff from them anyway at some point, I can just make a bit of extra room for her. And I absolutely need to have her sitting next to Kobato. There is no other option. Resistance is futile.
Haha, so it got you too, huh? Insane. No one can resist the power of Shiro.

Shiro's cute, but I'm not spending that amount for her.
You will, you just don't know it yet.

Join us.

LiK

what anime is this?

And this is why,

The Cattleya 1/4.5 is so ridiculous that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own it.
Two more to add to the Panty& Stocking collection. This time the Sega Game Prize versions. Those are the "Used Toy(s)."

I also got Massive Boobs..err... that Cattleya this month, my first "used toy" from AmiAmi :)

Once you go 1/4, its hard to go back... There she is in the Shelf Of Shame, aka The Cast-off Lounge

Looks nicer in the dark

I also got Massive Boobs..err... that Cattleya this month, my first "used toy" from AmiAmi :)

Once you go 1/4, its hard to go back... There she is in the Shelf Of Shame, aka The Cast-off Lounge

Looks nicer in the dark

I've got the Rias suntan AmiAmi exclusive coming as soon as I send payment. I don't think she'll be going in the more public of my display cases though.

StayDead

So at some point maybe this year I'm going to be moving for the first time ever. Now I have over 50-60 figures mostly being nendos and some being scale/figma, but I wondered if I could pose a question.

What's the safest way of transporting my figures? I'd put them all back in the boxes but some I'm scared to try and take off their bases as Elsie snapped off last year when I was trying to clean her and I don't want to break anymore if I can, and nendos are going to be a pain to dissasemble/reassemble.

If that's the only way I'll do it, but if anyone has any better solutions would you mind throwing them my way?

no curtains/blinds? ;)

Well, some of those "pointers" can make you blind :)
Nah, as long as my girl is OK with it, that's how I roll.

I've got the Rias suntan AmiAmi exclusive coming as soon as I send payment. I don't think she'll be going in the more public of my display cases though.

I must admit I paid for mine yesterday, just couldn't resist the new version.

That collection.

Would pace in front of daily.

Where are the guard dogs?!

That's just the cast-off section, had to buy new shelves because they were getting crowded. In the process of rearranging the other figures. Also got some LEDs installed, I think it turned out nice.

chrono01

So at some point maybe this year I'm going to be moving for the first time ever. Now I have over 50-60 figures mostly being nendos and some being scale/figma, but I wondered if I could pose a question.

What's the safest way of transporting my figures? I'd put them all back in the boxes but some I'm scared to try and take off their bases as Elsie snapped off last year when I was trying to clean her and I don't want to break anymore if I can, and nendos are going to be a pain to dissasemble/reassemble.

If that's the only way I'll do it, but if anyone has any better solutions would you mind throwing them my way?
The absolute safest way, IMO, would be to disassemble them and put them back in their respective boxes [with plastic moldings to hold them in-place]. This is so each of the parts are separate from each other [no paint transfer] and you won't have to worry about anything accidently "snapping" while in transit, since there's less strain being put on each of the individual parts.

I know, that sounds like massive pain, but if you're super-serious about keeping your collection in great condition, it might be worth doing. Thankfully I haven't had to experience something like this yet, although I'm sure I will one day. I do not look forward to it.

cajunator

Banned

Im facing this with over 100 figures sometime next year

arhra

MyfigureCollection.net comments say she has a Band-Aid for discretion.

That's what they did with Leviathan. They even included spares in the box for the sake of the terminally curious who feel the need to peel it off to see what's underneath (
answer: nothing, you perv
).

Remains to be seen what they'll do with Hajime, as we probably won't see clear pics until after release (even if Moeyo or whoever get a pre-release sample to take pics of, they always add censorship even if it's not strictly required). A bandaid seems pretty likely, though.

StayDead

The absolute safest way, IMO, would be to disassemble them and put them back in their respective boxes [with plastic moldings to hold them in-place]. This is so each of the parts are separate from each other [no paint transfer] and you won't have to worry about anything accidently "snapping" while in transit, since there's less strain being put on each of the individual parts.

I know, that sounds like massive pain, but if you're super-serious about keeping your collection in great condition, it might be worth doing. Thankfully I haven't had to experience something like this yet, although I'm sure I will one day. I do not look forward to it.

Well I'll do anything to keep my collection safe. I broke the butterfly on Sena from haganai's head once and I spent hours to try and glue it back together (somehow did it backwards) but I was devestated. She fell from the table as I was first putting her together ;;

It's just the scale figures are going to be painful. I've already lost the base thanks to the peg splitting on one.My Tony Taka Miku, V202 Miku and Kurisu on Steps especially I'm so worried I'll break their pegs since they're my older figures. I could always just wrap up my scale figures in lots of bubble wrap and take them individually so there's no chance of damage if it comes to it I guess.

Nendo petits are no problem, shove them back in the packet and into the small boxes :p
With my nendos I guess I'll have to start doing a few a day when it gets closer to the date because I've got about 50 o_O

aaand on that count I realise I have way more than 60 individual figures. Probably more close to 100 now o_o

I hate it when pieces on figures break. It's only happened to me twice, though. Once on that 1/6 Ninja Gaiden Rachel figure (one of her tiny ankle loops broke off) and the eyebrow piece on the hat of GSC's Princess of the Crystal.

arhra

It's just the scale figures are going to be painful. I've already lost the base thanks to the peg splitting on one.My Tony Taka Miku, V202 Miku and Kurisu on Steps especially I'm so worried I'll break their pegs since they're my older figures.

Warm them up slightly before disassembly - cold plastic can get fairly brittle (side note: never try to assemble a figure right after accepting a delivery in the dead of winter), but a dose of heat will make it more flexible, and cause it to expand slightly, loosening the connection to the pegs.

Use a hair dryer on low, or run them under the hot tap briefly, anything to just warm up the plastic and make it a bit more flexible will do (just be careful not to use too much heat, or you run the risk of deforming them).

Works wonders for assembly too, if you've got a stubborn peg/hole that just won't fit together, or stuck joints on an articulated figure.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Moving is the sole reason why I keep ALL my figure boxes. Yes, it takes time to box them all over again, but it's worth it.

Yup, and that goes for just about everything I own, including PCs, consoles, games, and the like. Have moved four times in the last three years and it's been pretty easy to get everything ready because of the boxes and their packing materials.

At my last place, I didn't even bother putting out many figures. Put a few more than usual out, but too much is overkill anyway. It already looks like too much, I think.

RMI

Banned
I recently had to rebox my figs for a move, and it does indeed suck. I only have about a dozen scale figs or so too, but even that was a pain. I didn't even bother reboxing the figmas or other posable figures, those just got thrown in a box with some packing paper. Still in the process of moving now and it sucks. The worst part is that I'll likely have to move again in about 7 weeks, and then AGAIN within a month of that.

I'm really really glad I have my boxes for everything, but I could probably live without the figma boxes since I don't think I'll ever be repacking them.

LiK

Well, some of those "pointers" can make you blind :)
Nah, as long as my girl is OK with it, that's how I roll.

I must admit I paid for mine yesterday, just couldn't resist the new version.

That's just the cast-off section, had to buy new shelves because they were getting crowded. In the process of rearranging the other figures. Also got some LEDs installed, I think it turned out nice.

Always impressed with guys here who have GFs/wives who don't mind all the pervy figs.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I would assume something like this:

or this:

I guess the key is,

1. One box per figure, the box had to be hard and firm even when it is empty, and not crash under presssure.
2. The figure had to be center, not touch any side of the box except the base(especially hair, weapon, arms).
3. Cushion need to be between the all 4 side of the box and the waist of the figure, and one cushion for top of the hair and top of the box, if the breakable part is above the head level of the figure.

Luigi87

More progress, but still a long ways to go. Aves Apoxie is tricky stuff...

... Also while not sold on any scale figures, three eps in and I do kind of want the Attack on Titan figmas now o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom