• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

GSC still hasn't commented on the Nendoroid Red figure right? It's supposed to get released at the end of this week and I'm worried it'll be delayed (if it hasn't been already).
Nope, nothing. Assuming we haven't heard anything, that leads me to believe that everything is on-schedule to release on-time.

At least, that's the hope...

y20l5gx.gif
Why is "triangle mouth" so adorable?

WolfStark

FigureGAF buying Infinity figures? W-T-F...

Well, enjoy.

Until now I passed on all Infinity figures, I like Nintendos approach more who don't put the same styles on all their figures. Looking at Black Widow and the girs of that one cgi movie I may consider a buy in the future for the first time (but not the game).

@figures non-anime related
I hope no one is scared off, just because many figures here are anime-related. I myself posted Hot Toys stuff several times and I hope others continue. FigureGAF embraces all kinds of figures^^

chrono01

So a MFC Member/Subscriber is saying Shiro [Kotobukiya] has been cancelled due to the drama apparently surrounding the artist.

I'm waiting for confirmation before I get horribly depressed [as should you!], but I'm hoping it's either a joke or misinformation on their part.

Bombless

So a MFC Member/Subscriber is saying Shiro [Kotobukiya] has been cancelled due to the drama apparently surrounding the artist.

I'm waiting for confirmation before I get horribly depressed [as should you!], but I'm hoping it's either a joke or misinformation on their part.

Looks like a drive-by post, no link, nothing.

Better not be. What drama is going on with the artist?

chrono01

Actually, I read the comment wrong. They cancelled the pre-order for the figure, but it's still being released. Their reasoning was because the artist for No Game No Life was seemingly caught "tracing' his characters, so they cancelled their pre-order in the desire not to support it.

So yes, Shiro is still being released! \o/

Here's a link to the drama [one in Japanese, and one in English].

https://twitter.com/rotiflride

English [Warning, NSFW-ish]

Ouch...those are pretty bad. I would read more but white text on black makes my eyes go bonkers.

Glad she isn't cancelled. Why you scare us like that Chrono... >.>

chrono01

Ouch...those are pretty bad. I would read more but white text on black makes my eyes go bonkers.

Glad she isn't cancelled. Why you scare us like that Chrono... >.>
Haha, apologies. I was worried too, since I still have her pre-ordered.

I'm glad to hear it was just a misunderstanding. All is well!

Settin

Mystery package showed up at my door today,
Apparently I ordered the blu-ray of Ghost in the Shell movie.
Maybe I'll get a surprise figure?

MetalDeer

That Halloween Miku is absolutely adorable. Although I still don't understand why she has a candy cane. I'm not even into vocaloids and I would buy that.

Really wish I had the extra money to buy some of the stuff I see in this thread. So far my "collection" only consists of a P4A Aigis Figma, and she's still in her box, since some of her joints are all loose and it makes it difficult to pose how I want.

Definitely buying that Satsuki nendo when I have the chance, though.

Actually, I read the comment wrong. They cancelled the pre-order for the figure, but it's still being released. Their reasoning was because the artist for No Game No Life was seemingly caught "tracing' his characters, so they cancelled their pre-order in the desire not to support it.

So yes, Shiro is still being released! o/

Oh for fucks sake. Has no one ever heard of Greg "tracer" Land before? Dude gets a ton of work in the American comics industry because he hits his deadlines and his work is consistant. But he traces the fuck out of everything, and his smiling Tony Stark is among the creepiest shit on Earth.

If Shiro got cancelled that shit would have sent me over the edge.

kewlmyc

Tracing is a shit thing to do period. There goes me ever buying an artbook for the series, which is a shame since I liked the artists style (not anymore). I already paid for Shiro so whatever.

sca2511

I guess that means I can't use Humbrol Liquid Poly to fix it. Any other suggestions on glue type? The chip is very minor, was just the very tip of her foot.

Ryuuroden

so looking at the comparisons and such for the NGNL tracing story, I really think its more a witch hunt than anything. The pose is pretty much all that's been copied and that's far less than what I've seen many others do. And while I agree that those are traced poses I will say right now that I will bet every single artist by now has done different characters in the same poses. There is nothing original left when it comes to basic poses as there are finite numbers. So yeah, hes taking a shortcut by using the structure of someone elses so he doesn't have to work on the anatomical correctness but I have yet to see any evidence that anything else in his art is not original. Maybe I'm jaded, I went to art school and the reason why I didn't go into it as a career was because I got tired of seeing all this modern bullshit people call masterpieces when anyone can do it its just because a famous name is on it that its deemed masterful. That and the fact that art is all mass manufactured now, the famous artist out there do not actually make their own art, they have art "apprentices" "slaves" do it all for them and then they write their name on it. Yeah, I'm talking about you, Chihuly, you fucking douchbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom