• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
oh wow. only the price tag can stop me now.

$380 + Shipping, not cheap, but not that bad...

Holy shit that thing is huge. How did the head break?

The crown was broken on arrival (pics a few pages back) fedex probably dropped it a few times, so after emailing sideshow they sent a replacement head free of charge as long as I smashed the broke head and send them pics in return...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also holy shit...this is to adorable for me to resist...trying not to add her to a order

FIGURE-008097_01.jpg

She has almost the same expression as your avatar.

kewlmyc

$380 + Shipping, not cheap, but not that bad...

The crown was broken on arrival (pics a few pages back) fedex probably dropped it a few times, so after emailing sideshow they sent a replacement head free of charge as long as I smashed the broke head and send them pics in return...

The main thing about Slideshow Collectibles is the price. Like I would love picture related, but it's $800. I might bite one day though.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/godzilla-godzilla-sideshow-collectibles-300382/

LiK

Haha, forgot to pay for another payment request. I always confuse their emails when they send me like 3-4 payment requests in a row. I think AmiAmi will eventually shut my account down. But I still buy a lot so whatever.

How many here actually stick by a "no lewd" rule and still manage to have sacks of money lying around? It usually just means you'll be reallocating that money to some other expensive hobby. lol

Hmmm...did you want something like acrylic step risers?
Perfect! Where can you buy this?

Meyneth

The whole line is awesome, more info on them here :http://courtofthedead.com/

Queen of the Dead still isn't out, the latest release date is November, I had her pre-ordered but cancelled early this year due to moving house, but now that I've moved I'm thinking about re-ordering her...

Last years prototype AKA what they promised:

This years production piece AKA what they are delivering:
That Queen of the Dead looks amazing but what's going on with her feet?!
Gonna pass because of those feet...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
The main thing about Slideshow Collectibles is the price. Like I would love picture related, but it's $800. I might bite one day though.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/godzilla-godzilla-sideshow-collectibles-300382/

Yeah Godzillia is 2 feet tall and pricey, but if you flexpay it, $80 a month ain't bad, all depends on if he needs to be on your shelf, and if you could live with spending that much on it. Could just go the Neca route...

These two look incredible. Too bad they're probably going to cost nearly a grand to own.
The Valkyrie of the dead is my favorite of the bunch, and yeah it might be nearly a grand for the pair (I'm in for at least 3), but again with flex pay you can spread your wallet open slightly and still put food on the table, a roof over your head, and collect a few less expensive things as you pass the time waiting for the big ones..

That Queen of the Dead looks amazing but what's going on with her feet?!
Gonna pass because of those feet...
Don't know, what's going on with her feet?

Here's a couple of clips, first one shows the Queen (shows her feet as well) and the other shows off the whole Court of the Dead line...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13rSP7DjZpk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_WBmzq49k

So long wallet, it was nice knowing you.

Awesome, but wallets gotta stay closed on these, no room and not enough money for Star Wars stuff...

Meyneth

Don't know, what's going on with her feet?

Here's a couple of clips, first one shows the Queen (shows her feet as well) and the other shows off the whole Court of the Dead line...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13rSP7DjZpk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_WBmzq49k

Thanks for the videos! The video solidified my problem with her, her calves/feet are out of proportion to the rest of her body. They're too big for how delicate her upper body is. The cloth doesn't make it any better for me either... :/

But dat face

Maybe I could cover the entire bottom half with the cloth??

Edit: Siren and Queen are both under $450, that's perfectly reasonable! That's less than a limited minifee.
Going to have to think about Queen though. I'll have to find somewhere without direct sun...

kewlmyc

Yeah Godzillia is 2 feet tall and pricey, but if you flexpay it, $80 a month ain't bad, all depends on if he needs to be on your shelf, and if you could live with spending that much on it. Could just go the Neca route...

The Neca kinda looks bad, but hmm.... choices choices. Maybe I'll get the Slideshow Godzilla if it's still available 3 years from now or something.

Arclaid

Perfect! Where can you buy this?

There's a few varieties of them on Amazon and eBay, and there should be a number of online stores that have them (just google "acrylic step riser"). I don't actually own any so I'm not sure about the best place to buy them. Just remember to check the dimensions of the steps before you buy one.

xk97sp67z71.jpg

Preorder starts tomorrow

Don't really know anything about her but she looks great.
It's by Alter

Was skimming through the previous page and had to do a double take because I thought she was standing on a cake.

kewlmyc

I want the first one posted here.

It just looks so cool. What cost are we talking about here? It's absolutely stunning.

Edit: Oh shit, $800 for Godzilla.

No price, but if it's like their other figures, it'll probably be around $350-400. Godzilla is the exception since it's freaking 24" tall.

Einbroch

Banned
I maybe, maybe could swing that price, but then I'd have to put Nendos on hold for a while, which I don't know if I'm willing to do.

george_us

The Valkyrie of the dead is my favorite of the bunch, and yeah it might be nearly a grand for the pair (I'm in for at least 3), but again with flex pay you can spread your wallet open slightly and still put food on the table, a roof over your head, and collect a few less expensive things as you pass the time waiting for the big ones..
I'm seriously considering doing this, those two look too awesome to pass up. I already planned to cut back on figures in 2015 anyway save for a couple of Bishoujos. Might be able to grab these.

Was skimming through the previous page and had to do a double take because I thought she was standing on a cake.

Yeah, it seems Alter is using that type of stand for their Dungeon Traveler's line. Here's Mefmera:

I'm seriously considering doing this, those two look too awesome to pass up. I already planned to cut back on figures in 2015 anyway save for a couple of Bishoujos. Might be able to grab these.

I almost caved on the Kerrigan piece before I looked at the $400 price tag again and snapped out of it. Cutting back on pvc figures would be pointless if I'm just going to drop the money somewhere else.

sca2511

Flex pay is tempting me. I'm saving for SS Campbell's Black Cat and SS Artgerm's Batgirl, but damnnnnn the Queen and Valkyrie of the dead are so nice. In fact, the whole set is pretty great... I have no room, I have no room, I have no room.

Praying to the figure gods.

I think if Alter ever released something on time, the entire universe would implode. Or be invaded by humanoid animal people.

Flex pay is tempting me. I'm saving for SS Campbell's Black Cat and SS Artgerm's Batgirl, but damnnnnn the Queen and Valkyrie of the dead are so nice. In fact, the whole set is pretty great... I have no room, I have no room, I have no room.

Keep in mind, the way that Flex Pay works is that they'll start charging early enough so that your final payment will be the month of the statue's release. It's not like it ships with your first payment, and then you pay over time.

Giolon

Amazon is here! So much hometown! And yet, less hometown than I expected. She's also yellower in tone than I expected, and the shading is a little over-heavy. Unfortunately, it's kind of a weird, overcast day so outdoor photos aren't turning out so well. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good ones later.

figma Ryuuko also showed up, and she's awesome! Boob joint is under of weird, and I'm a little concerned about the durability of Senketsu's shoulder pieces, but the paint job is great.

Edit: Amazon also comes with an optional knee support like Elf, which you'll definitely want to use to fight off the evil effects of gravity.

sca2511

Yeah, I looked it up when I got my other Campbell statues. Only thing is that you can't cancel if using Flex, I think. Still, they are purchases that I really don't need. I'd still love to have them though. Maybe in the future, hopefully they don't skyrocket in price.

Amazon is here! So much hometown! And yet, less hometown than I expected. She's also yellower in tone than I expected. Unfortunately, it's kind of a weird, overcast day so outdoor photos aren't turning out so well. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good ones later.

Take some pics when you can. I'm waiting until the rest (if any) of my September figures come in before having them shipped. Starfire will be out, I'm sure. But Sorceress and Asuka are super-iffy.

LiK

Yeah, I looked it up when I got my other Campbell statues. Only thing is that you can't cancel if using Flex, I think. Still, they are purchases that I really don't need. I'd still love to have them though. Maybe in the future, hopefully they don't skyrocket in price.

You can cancel but the longer you wait, the more they charge as a penalty. I canceled once and was charged $20.

LiK

Tempted to cancel Asuka. Wonder if Ami would hate me for it.

They'll cancel no problem. I found their threats to be nothing at all especially if you buy a lot. "Excessive" cancellations probably refer to someone canceling a every other order or something.

I would hate you for it.

But I already have the Koto one...maybe I will try to sell that one.

Alter Asuka would be fun to take pics with, especially when the leaves start falling and all. I just don't want it to get tacked on to any of my orders for the rest of the year if she gets delayed.

I have the Koto one too. But man, Alter Asuka has dat ass. The Koto one would have looked good with all of the other 1/6 Eva figures from that line, but I never got around to buying any of the others, so meh.

Ya....dat ass is nice lol. I like her hair too and the jacket. Not huge on her hat so I am glad they included other ways to display her.

Ah screw it I can't cancel. Eva was the first anime I ever got into. Just wish someone would make a new Rei. Or /gasp a Misato...

After a long absence, I'm back into the game...somewhat. Paid for my Asmodeus at AmiAmi and was reminded that they sometimes drag their feet about shipping notifications...

As for the Halloween Miku, did GSC say what time on the 25th they start taking orders? Might end up grabbing it, as the only figure I have left is Satan, and then I'm free!

...Maybe.
......Hopefully.

LiK

Ya....dat ass is nice lol. I like her hair too and the jacket. Not huge on her hat so I am glad they included other ways to display her.

Ah screw it I can't cancel. Eva was the first anime I ever got into. Just wish someone would make a new Rei. Or /gasp a Misato...

Haha, gave up already!

After a long absence, I'm back into the game...somewhat. Paid for my Asmodeus at AmiAmi and was reminded that they sometimes drag their feet about shipping notifications...

As for the Halloween Miku, did GSC say what time on the 25th they start taking orders? Might end up grabbing it, as the only figure I have left is Satan, and then I'm free!

...Maybe.
......Hopefully.

We could show you some things. /evillaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom