• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd say so. Didn't she show up on AmiAmi for around 6k last time?
joey-shrug.gif

No idea, Amiami's preowned section was a death trap for me a while back so avoiding lol

Einbroch

Banned
I had to cram my Miku shelves together. My two Nendo shelves are also really full. I have space for maybe four more then I've got to do some serious thinking.

But who cares that's four Nendos away.

george_us

I almost caved on the Kerrigan piece before I looked at the $400 price tag again and snapped out of it. Cutting back on pvc figures would be pointless if I'm just going to drop the money somewhere else.
My reasons for cutting back have more to do with space rather than money, although money is a factor as well. Still, I'm tempted to make an exception for those Sideshow pieces.

Ha I was just going to put the sideshow pieces on my desk at work. Plenty of space there!
I always wondered how people could place their stuff at work, are most people's job here particularly well secured/safe?

Then again I grew up having belongings stolen at school so may be me being more paranoid than most XD

chrono01

After a long absence, I'm back into the game...somewhat. Paid for my Asmodeus at AmiAmi and was reminded that they sometimes drag their feet about shipping notifications...

As for the Halloween Miku, did GSC say what time on the 25th they start taking orders? Might end up grabbing it, as the only figure I have left is Satan, and then I'm free!

...Maybe.
......Hopefully.
Welcome come!

As for Halloween Miku, I don't believe a time was stated, but you can expect her to go up around the usual time AmiAmi [and other similar sites] update, so maybe 12PM JST?

I don't think I'll order her, though. She's adorable as hell, and definitely a unique Nendoroid, but with the number of Hatsune Miku items I own, I'm feeling kind of..."Miku'd Out". Our course I'll likely give in, as I usually do, and pre-order her anyway. :/

george_us

I always wondered how people could place their stuff at work, are most people's job here particularly well secured/safe?

Then again I grew up having belongings stolen at school so may be me being more paranoid than most XD
Yeah my company is pretty secure. Lots of people here have tons of figures and stuff on their desks. My boss's desk in particular is covered in Street Fighter stuff.

Einbroch

Banned
Welcome come!

As for Halloween Miku, I don't believe a time was stated, but you can expect her to go up around the usual time AmiAmi [and other similar sites] update, so maybe 12PM JST?

I don't think I'll order her, though. She's adorable as hell, and definitely a unique Nendoroid, but with the number of Hatsune Miku items I own, I'm feeling kind of..."Miku'd Out". Our course I'll likely give in, as I usually do, and pre-order her anyway. :/
Actually...

On sale from (Thu) September 25, 2014 at 12:00 JST!

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/top/gscnenwd00448.html

t1411614000z1.png

Get ready.

Work at a small company of uber-trustworthy people. The only way stuff is getting stolen here is either by the cleaning guy (who is super cool, so no worries there), or if someone breaks into the office.

And if you saw everyone's desks here, you'd think figure ownership was a job requirement.

omlet

When I worked at my previous job, people kept all kinds of stuff on their cube desks. Was there for 18 months and never heard of anyone having stuff stolen. One guy had Halo and Batman figs on his desk. Another guy kept a Yoda plushie-backpack on his.

At my current job I am not worried about stuff getting stolen but the only figure I keep at work is this one:
(along with a small LotR LEGO set)

Another guy in IT who retired recently kept a ton of little prize figure type anime things all over his shelf. My coworkers in my department know I'm into anime stuff but I don't exactly try to broadcast the fact with my office decor.

I don't have nendos but if I did I would probably keep some on my desk, but I wouldn't want to leave my scales at work where people could see them... I don't buy particularly lewd figures, but still...

Giolon

People at my office I consider trustworthy. Plus, I don't even think anybody would know what to do with any of the figures (how much they might be worth or even where to sell them), so nobody would mess with them unless they just particularly want to be a dick to me. Plus, there's so many more cell phones, tablets, and other shit lying around that people could steal if they were dishonest.

Back on the topic of figure photos, the sun poked out for a bit at lunch time so I managed to snag some decent photos of my most recent arrivals: MH Amazon, POP Rebecca, Phat Ryuuko, and a few quickies of figma Ryuuko. I hope to process through them tonight if I can pull myself away from Destiny long enough.

Surprisingly, I might have to say that POP Rebecca is the most strikingly photogenic one of the lot.
Take some pics when you can. I'm waiting until the rest (if any) of my September figures come in before having them shipped. Starfire will be out, I'm sure. But Sorceress and Asuka are super-iffy.
There's not a snowball's chance in hell of Sorceress making it out this month.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't project much about myself to co-workers. I've worn a Mario t-shirt to work once and that's about it.

Thing is since it's a community centre and members of the public may pop into the office I don't think having a bunch of anime figurines on my desk would be seen as professional.

Einbroch

Banned
I brought a Nendo into my classroom once and put it on my desk. Most of my students loved it, but a few of the boys snickered.

Like I care what a bunch of 12 year olds think.

Einbroch

Banned
No I'm help desk, but most of my family are teachers so it's in my blood, I guess.

I'd uh, get that out of your blood. The job market is atrocious. Been applying and calling for the past 8+ months with no results. Luckily I found a pretty nice stay-at-home job, but it's not the same as teaching. :( Unfortunately I got a taste for it and it's a ton of fun (and a ton or work, but worth it).

No figures at work for me. I get enough hell whenever my AmiAmi orders arrive. They are always wanting to know what's in it. Only time I opened it at the office was my Momohime figure. They loved that one, then again I work in a art department so we are already known to be weirdos.

Bombless

No figures at work for me. I get enough hell whenever my AmiAmi orders arrive. They are always wanting to know what's in it. Only time I opened it at the office was my Momohime figure. They loved that one, then again I work in a art department so we are already known to be weirdos.

Translation :
We won't let them see our Preciousss, no, we won't! It's ours! Our own! Must not let them see, they will want it!

Luke and Leia huh? Sounds like Disney is preparing for the Star Wars offensive.

I don't think that has much to do with it. Koto has been releasing ArtFX+ Star Wars figures for some time, now. Their most recent reveal before these was the Han & Chewie figures.

When Disney decides to push Star Wars, you'll fucking know it. They've got the new Star Wars Rebels CG series starting next month, and Marvel is going to be starting their new run of Star Wars comics in January.

Giolon

I only have stuff at work that's relatively easy to talk about with a general audience and not NSFW in any way - Link & Samus figmas, Mega Man X & Zero D-Arts, Soejima Aigis, and Alter Selvaria Valkyria version.

Dragon's Crown Amazon and Ryuuko Matoi? At hoooooome.

omlet

Speaking of figures I wouldn't leave on my desk at work, Dark Angel Olivia++ (twintails) arrived today! Box is mega (expected, since I've seen the original's box at AX), here it is on top of Ultimate Madoka box for scale.

sE9g6p8.jpg

Unboxing the rest of the way soon :D

Speaking of figures I wouldn't leave on my desk at work, Dark Angel Olivia++ (twintails) arrived today! Box is mega (expected, since I've seen the original's box at AX), here it is on top of Ultimate Madoka box for scale.

Olivia was a pain in the fucking dick to assemble. Enjoy!

kewlmyc

sE9g6p8.jpg

Unboxing the rest of the way soon :D

Hope you have bandaids for what putting together Ultimate Madoka is going to do to your hands.

kewlmyc

I don't open anything here, but I do have my Luigi and Sonic Nendos on display.

Every time I get a huge box though, I jokingly say it's a Japanese love pillow.

Has anyone used Rakuten before?

I found my Kotobukiya 1/6 Misato there pre-owned for $48 USD before shipping. Just waiting for their email with the shipping estimate.

Has anyone used Rakuten before?

I found my Kotobukiya 1/6 Misato there pre-owned for $48 USD before shipping. Just waiting for their email with the shipping estimate.

Thought Rakuten acted kind of like Amazon? Where some sellers are shops etc? Should be reliable but probably dependant on the seller.

Thought Rakuten acted kind of like Amazon? Where some sellers are shops etc? Should be reliable but probably dependant on the seller.

Yeah, pretty much. The specific retailer that had her has a good reputation, so I'm not really worried. I've just never bought pre-owned from anyone but Ami before.

Yeah, pretty much. The specific retailer that had her has a good reputation, so I'm not really worried. I've just never bought pre-owned from anyone but Ami before.
Should be fine but like eBay/Amazon read the negative comments if there's any, just hope their packaging is as meticulous as Amiami though ;D

omlet

oh my god she's fabulous hnnnnngh

These phonecam pics are practically blasphemous but it's all I have right now. Maybe before I buy more figs I should get a decent camera!
Well the one from the back turned out alright I guess :v

Olivia was a pain in the fucking dick to assemble. Enjoy!

Really? This figure was a piece of cake to assemble. Pop off torso, attach wings, practically all there is to it. One wing was a bit stubborn but if you want a figure that's a pain to assemble, try Houmei lol

Hope you have bandaids for what putting together Ultimate Madoka is going to do to your hands.

I've had Madoka since it first released and it wasn't that bad besides those darn little feet wings aldjgalkgjf. Just using the box to compare to Olivia's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom