• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine died at checkout. In hindsight I should have made an account with goodsmile before she went on sale.

EDIT: Well they took my money but I don't have any confirmation email and the order isn't on my account yet.

chrono01

The GSC site is being obliterated, insane.

The power of Hatsune Miku.

You guys and your nendos. Annabel will be mine.
whynotboth.gif

No seriously, I love the look of Annabel, but I'm not sure if I need her since I already own Daisy. I guess it will depend on her price as well as month of release.

Got in to order Halloween Miku, but might've ordered two, with one of them with the wrong billing address...

Crap...

EDIT: Never mind, it looks like the first order didn't go through, thank Cthulhu. Just what I needed, another Miku Nendo to keep in the box...

No seriously, I love the look of Annabel, but I'm not sure if I need her since I already own Daisy. I guess it will depend on her price as well as month of release.

Understandable. I passed on Daisy, which is probably a big reason this one is so easy for me to consider.

Annabel up at HS, 9,900 yen. :(

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10294163

February release.

I already mentioned that stuff in the same post where I posted the pic of the new Walkure Romanze figure. If Chrono-kun wasn't too busy ordering Miku nendos, he would have seen that.

chrono01

I already mentioned that stuff in the same post where I posted the pic of the new Walkure Romanze figure. If Chrono-kun wasn't too busy ordering Miku nendos, he would have seen that.
Well at least I have a valid reason for not seeing it!

*hugs future Halloween Miku Nendoroid*

But yeah, she looks amazing, and would compliment Daisy well, but damn that price. She's a good 1700+ yen over the price of Daisy, and there's not a massive amount of different between the two [other than the color/styling]. Think I'll have to pass. :/

Those who ordered Halloween Miku, does her order show up on your account page? My paypal transaction went through but I've got no confirmation from good smile themselves.

didn't order miku nendo, don't really care for it but i got my friend to get it. My snow miku is boxed still. Might sell it somewhere down the line

chrono01

Those who ordered Halloween Miku, does her order show up on your account page? My paypal transaction went through but I've got no confirmation from good smile themselves.
She does, it'll be listed as "Pending". You should also receive a GSC/Payapl [if you opted for that and not CC] Confirmation email.

Is Halloween miku really going to sell out that fast?

I expected her to last at least few days
Given the state of the site currently, I don't estimate she'll last long [unless they have more than they're implying].

But yeah, she looks amazing, and would compliment Daisy well, but damn that price. She's a good 1700+ yen over the price of Daisy, and there's not a massive amount of different between the two [other than the color/styling]. Think I'll have to pass. :/

Like I said, I don't have Daisy, so I'll probably get her. I would have ordered Alisia too, but 1) I'm not familiar with Dungeon Travelers, and 2) December is already omg-kill-me-and-rape-my-corpse death month.

Ultimadrago

BaC23bz.jpg

Black and White Harley is sweet!

1) Cute.
2) Miku.
3) Limited.
4) Halloween.
5) Cute.

Five reasons why you should own that Miku.

I'm perfectly fine enjoying most of those features without owning it. Bring in those cute Halloween pictures for me, people.

chrono01

Like I said, I don't have Daisy, so I'll probably get her. I would have ordered Alisia too, but 1) I'm not familiar with Dungeon Travelers, and 2) December is already omg-kill-me-and-rape-my-corpse death month.
Oh yeah, for sure. For someone like you, it's an absolute recommendation/possibility. She looks incredible.

As for December, it is an expensive month. Akuma Homura alone would make it costly, but add to that my other pre-orders?

Someone save me.

She does, it'll be listed as "Pending". You should also receive a GSC/Payapl [if you opted for that and not CC] Confirmation email.

I've got nothing and paypal isn't letting me make another transaction. I'll just order again with my credit card and cancel one if the first one does go through.

chrono01

I've got nothing and paypal isn't letting me make another transaction. I'll just order again with my credit card and cancel one if the first one does go through.
Hmm, yeah. Might be worth trying just in-case.

If you do get duplicate orders, just email GSC afterwards and explain the situation.

chrono01

Wow. Her dress has super-intricate detail.

Still not getting into Seven Sins figures, though.
If she looks this nice unpainted, can you imagine how she'll be when she's finished? Just don't screw this up, Amakuni...

But yeah, I don't blame you for not getting into the Seven Deadly Sins this far in. It would be a major undertaking, both in tracking down the various figures as well as the cost to do so. :/

Giolon

Sorry for the big post, but I haven't posted at all and heres what I got goin..

also sorry for all the fuckin yellow, we really need new lights
That's quite a spread. Awesome that your wife is into it too. As far as the yellow tint goes, you can decently white balance correct that problem in Photoshop.

Looks like I'm one of the three people here who didn't care to order Halloween Miku.
I didn't.
I can't post, since it's a scan, but there's a sculpt going around of Astaroth from the Seven Deadly Sins...

I need it.
It has been around for a while. Or is she painted now?

arhra

Cute, but I already have so many Mikus that they're threatening to overflow from their containment shelf. Promised myself that I was done with her a while ago. Broke down once thanks to the motorbike Racing Miku figma, but it's not going to happen again.

Giolon

MegaHouse's Amazon from Dragon's Crown:
Amazon.jpg
Amazon-6.jpg
Amazon-9.jpg
Amazon-2.jpg
Amazon-3.jpg
Amazon-5.jpg
Amazon-4.jpg
Amazon-7.jpg

Bonus Hometown at maximum power

As I said earlier, I actually like this figure less than I thought I would. Amazon is by far my favorite character design in Dragon's Crown. My primary complaints here are that she's too yellow (reminds me of the material used in cheap bootleg figures), and her musculature is less defined in the sculpt (particularly in her legs) than I feel it should've been, relying instead on very heavy airbrush shading. I tried to set the saturation of the photo to most accurately represent the color she appears. A lot of the promotional and other photos I've seen of her are under-saturated and cast in a very cool light concealing her natural yellowness. Also, in person, her butt and thighs are nowhere near as large and out of proportion as they were in the source artwork, which when we're talking about Amazon, is what I want to see. Her face also still looks a little more sleepy than the dour expression from the original art.

What nice can I say about her? Though I failed to capture it in the photos, her six pack is nicely defined. The musculature on her leading arm is fantastic. Her hair is nicely sculpted with transparent tips. The paintwork overall is very good, particularly the tattoos. Finally, her base is a much more reasonable size compared to Elf's, but overall it's still quite large for a figure with as small a foot print as she has.

I also failed to capture her pose from the precise angle of her source concept art because I was trying to do this as quickly as possible before the sun retreated behind a cloud. I'll try to see if I can do it in a follow up shoot in the coming days.

Next up: probably POP Rebecca, followed by Ryuuko (Phat Company)

chrono01

I'd swear I saw her in greyscale before, but I could be entirely crazy. Edit: Guess I'm just crazy.
To be honest, I thought I did too. Maybe the latest scan "over-wrote" the former. Not sure.

i have this

infinitely better than halloween miku
I don't know about infinitely, but despite myself having the Halloween Ver. pre-ordered, I do prefer the Ichigo Ver. She's adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom