• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

george_us

MegaHouse's Amazon from Dragon's Crown:

As I said earlier, I actually like this figure less than I thought I would. Amazon is by far my favorite character design in Dragon's Crown. My primary complaints here are that she's too yellow (reminds me of the material used in cheap bootleg figures), and her musculature is less defined in the sculpt (particularly in her legs) than I feel it should've been, relying instead on very heavy airbrush shading. I tried to set the saturation of the photo to most accurately represent the color she appears. A lot of the promotional and other photos I've seen of her are under-saturated and cast in a very cool light concealing her natural yellowness. Also, in person, her butt and thighs are nowhere near as large and out of proportion as they were in the source artwork, which when we're talking about Amazon, is what I want to see. Her face also still looks a little more sleepy than the dour expression from the original art.

What nice can I say about her? Though I failed to capture it in the photos, her six pack is nicely defined. The musculature on her leading arm is fantastic. Her hair is nicely sculpted with transparent tips. The paintwork overall is very good, particularly the tattoos. Finally, her base is a much more reasonable size compared to Elf's, but overall it's still quite large for a figure with as small a foot print as she has.

I also failed to capture her pose from the precise angle of her source concept art because I was trying to do this as quickly as possible before the sun retreated behind a cloud. I'll try to see if I can do it in a follow up shoot in the coming days.

Next up: probably POP Rebecca, followed by Ryuuko (Phat Company)
Awesome pics as always Giolon. I hear you about Amazon turning out a little more yellow-ish/tan that originally thought but I don't actually mind it. Her proportions and muscle definition also don't bother me much at all. I'm not sure the super exaggerated proportions could have been pulled out without making her look too grotesque. Overall I think the creators struck a very good balance here.

Can't wait to see some pics of Rebecca and Ryuuko, Rebecca in particular. One of the better impulse purchases I made this year.

The power of Miku didn't compel me either.

But I've been staring at Sideshow figures all day so... :/
Those Court of the Dead statues are whispering dirty things to my wallet right now. Thank God they aren't up for preorder yet.

chrono01

Oh, didn't see this posted, but Nami Mugiwara Ver. 2 is now available at N-Y. 8,620 yen.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/pop-li...mited-nami-mugiwara-ver2-limited-edition.html

i0tbfCJp4Waau.jpg

izmt0fn2DazH1.jpg

iqN3oTeqevnCM.jpg

I pre-ordered since I have no willpower and the I could not resist the allure. Are you stronger than I am? ARE YOU!?

kunonabi

bought Halloween Miku. She's the only Miku nendo I'm buying though. Now all I need is the racing miku figma with the bike and I'm done with miku figures.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Sorry for the big post, but I haven't posted at all and heres what I got goin...

Awesome stuff, that Jae Lee Batman Black and White is bad ass...

Looks like I'm one of the three people here who didn't care to order Halloween Miku.

I didn't order her either, nendo's are an acquired taste.

MegaHouse's Amazon from Dragon's Crown:

Looks great in your photo's, I used SAL shipping and last I checked it still hadn't left Japan. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics...

Those Court of the Dead statues are whispering dirty things to my wallet right now. Thank God they aren't up for preorder yet.

I re-ordered the Queen of the Dead last night after talking to my wife, she felt (as I did) saving up the sideshow points to get off money off something that cost more then I'd be willing to pay. Thinking about flex paying Death's Siren (aka the mermaid) but as there isn't an EX version I don't feel the need to rush...

Doorbell rang as I was typing this out and my Amiami DC Amazon just arrived, can't trust SAL tracking for shit LOL.

Bombless

oe1WsJYl.jpg

26 days and 75 fuckingeuros later, the August box finally showed up. It's true that the document showing didn't have the list of contents because there were many articles and it didn't fit on the space allowed. Instead, it was written like this :

Us2SyCHl.jpg

There were TWO fuckinglists with the contents, one for Customs, one for me. What do you think the Customs idiotsagents did? Absofuckinglutely nothing. The documents plastic was untouched. They looked at it, didn't see anything and just tossed it aside and started the procedure for requesting documents to me. I didn't get charged extra for this, it just took 2 weeks for the package to finally be released.

The tally was 45.89 import tax and 30€ in handling fees, since the total value was 151€ (21k JPY). Under 150 it would had been 12€. I guess I'm going to start separating shipments to stay just under the line.

Oh well. Lesson learned. No more SAL Parcel ever.

TIME TO UNBOX RYUUKO-CHAAAAAAN!

Edit : Also sent an email to Amiami to let them know : always label the contents directly on the box when shipping to Belgium because our Customs agents are too stupid to lift a bloody page.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I really like the Ryouko nendo. Show was so so, but her school uniform design is great. Love the colourscheme.

Oh, didn't see this posted, but Nami Mugiwara Ver. 2 is now available at N-Y. 8,620 yen.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/pop-li...mited-nami-mugiwara-ver2-limited-edition.html

I pre-ordered since I have no willpower and the I could not resist the allure. Are you stronger than I am? ARE YOU!?
I'm awfully tempted but that will almost force me to collect the crew so nope XD
Amazon Japan charged my card for my Red Nendoroid.

It's happening, people. It's happening!
Oooh hopefully we typed in BiJ's address proxy correctly though ;__;
11.5k yen for boobs Wang Yuanji

Immediate payment though, lol
It's up on Nippon-Yasan as well now gonna check out more pic before maybe ordering...it is a Musou merchandise but not sure XD

Quite tempted by this lamp lol:
super-mario-yoshi-lamp.jpg

http://biginjap.com/en/pvc-figures/10721-super-mario-yoshi-lamp.html
1,490 JPY
FIGURE-008086.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-008086
If only the Hunters could transform in game lol:
FIGURE-008086_09.jpg

26 days and 75 fuckingeuros later, the August box finally showed up. It's true that the document showing didn't have the list of contents because there were many articles and it didn't fit on the space allowed. Instead, it was written like this :

There were TWO fuckinglists with the contents, one for Customs, one for me. What do you think the Customs idiotsagents did? Absofuckinglutely nothing. The documents plastic was untouched. They looked at it, didn't see anything and just tossed it aside and started the procedure for requesting documents to me. I didn't get charged extra for this, it just took 2 weeks for the package to finally be released.

The tally was 45.89 import tax and 30€ in handling fees, since the total value was 151€ (21k JPY). Under 150 it would had been 12€. I guess I'm going to start separating shipments to stay just under the line.

Oh well. Lesson learned. No more SAL Parcel ever.

TIME TO UNBOX RYUUKO-CHAAAAAAN!

Bah...sorry again that this happened man. That really sucks :(

So Ami finally put the Asuka figure to October. Almost emailed a cancellation but I guess I will just prepare for a October of Death. Time to stuff some more money away for it :p

I'm awfully tempted but that will almost force me to collect the crew so nope XD

Oooh hopefully we typed in BiJ's address proxy correctly though ;__;

It's up on Nippon-Yasan as well now gonna check out more pic before maybe ordering...it is a Musou merchandise but not sure XD

Quite tempted by this lamp lol:
super-mario-yoshi-lamp.jpg

]

That Yoshi lamp....wow want

apricot

bought Halloween Miku. She's the only Miku nendo I'm buying though. Now all I need is the racing miku figma with the bike and I'm done with miku figures.

I said the same thing in February and now I have 3 Miku Nendos and will likely be buying the 2015 snow Miku >_>

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Amazons not on par with elf, the excessively harsh shading doesn't balance the overall skin tone the way it should. Photographs better then it looks. Still looks awesome, just feels like the Elf was accidentally higher quality (despite the cone) then what megahouse typically does. Bring on the Sorceress...

The Adventures of Nendoroid Link: Pizza!
Preview: Gigantic Series - Super Sonico Complete Figure by X PLUS
Nendoroid Devil Homura
o0515045713076650778.jpg

"From ‘Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie -Rebellion-’ comes the long-awaited Nendoroid of Devil Homura! Her stunning jet-black dress and devil wings have all been carefully shrunk down into Nendoroid size.

She comes with her standard expression as well as a smiling expression. Optional parts include the dark orb as well as a special hand part holding Kyubey. Enjoy recreating all of your favorite scenes from the movie! "
o0515043613076650777.jpg
o0515043413076650158.jpg

o0515046313076649942.jpg

(・∀・) “Once again we’ll also be adding a bonus in for those who choose to order from the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP!”
o0515035713076649941.jpg

Is this what I think it is?!

(・∀・) “An ear cuff with the Dark Orb! You can combine it with Nendoroid Homura Akemi: School Uniform Ver. to create this…!”
o0515060513076649943.jpg

Thrasher429

Neo Member
So I had told myself that I would not buy anything from AmiAmi's preowned section or add anything new to my September order due to the size of it at this point...even though a lot of the weight has been lifted because of delays. Anyway I stupidly persisted on visiting it (largely due to the hope of one day stumbling along that Unlimited Blade Works Rin Tohsaka fig that GSC did) and stumbled upon an A/B of this for only about 7k

Of course I proceeded to snatch it as fast as possible.......OTZ

Bombless

So I had told myself that I would not buy anything from AmiAmi's preowned section or add anything new to my September order due to the size of it at this point...even though a lot of the weight has been lifted because of delays. Anyway I stupidly persisted on visiting it (largely due to the hope of one day stumbling along that Unlimited Blade Works Rin Tohsaka fig that GSC did) and stumbled upon an A/B of this for only about 7k

That figure looks VERY nice! Great catch.

About that Sonico...gigantic indeed.

omlet

Wow that's a nice find, I didn't even know they made figures from Canaan. I wasn't really like a huge fan of the anime but that pose is great; I'd definitely be interested in snagging if another shows up for that price.

I never even thought of looking for canaan figures, but that looks great

EDIT: lol I just realized omlet said basically the same thing

LiK

Amazons not on par with elf, the excessively harsh shading doesn't balance the overall skin tone the way it should. Photographs better then it looks. Still looks awesome, just feels like the Elf was accidentally higher quality (despite the cone) then what megahouse typically does. Bring on the Sorceress...

Thanks for the pics. Mine is still in my AmiAmi box

Ryuuroden

Looks like I'm one of the three people here who didn't care to order Halloween Miku.

I don't care for the miku although my mindset is gradually changing on the scaled figure front. I just got my first scaled Miku ordered and if there was a Halloween scale, I would be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom