• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Dem goat ears! The bell! She's great! Also apparently the shirt will be less of a pain to put on since it closes on the back rather than the side. My order is still listed as "preparing", hopefully she'll depart early next week.
Yeah, I'm sure Amakuni learned their lesson with Leviathan, haha.

I love the optional sake bottle she's holding with her tail. Also, that strange/weird liquified apple...thing she's sitting on. Definitely unique.

Bombless

Yeah, I'm sure Amakuni learned their lesson with Leviathan, haha.

I love the optional sake bottle she's holding with her tail. Also, that strange/weird liquified apple...thing she's sitting on. Definitely unique.

I'm pretty sure it's a sloth demon.

Edit : Ooooh it's a sake bottle, not a bell! Even better haha.

Neat. Shame they chose the wrong girl.

2132143657g6kd5.png

chrono01

Look at the bright side, at least they're not Native.
I actually think they're worse than Native. Orchid Seed has a tendency to show official artwork indicating a new figure or, more disturbingly, a finished/unpainted prototype and then have no news/updates on it for YEARS! At least when Native announce or show something off [either promotional artwork or a prototype] it's generally made available within a year or so. :/

Seriously, I've been waiting for a certain Orchid Seed figure for FIVE YEARS! They show a new/updated prototype every couple years or so, but it's still not painted. ;_;

Meyneth

I actually think they're worse than Native. Orchid Seed has a tendency to show official artwork indicating a new figure or, more disturbingly, a finished/unpainted prototype and then have no news/updates on it for YEARS! At least when Native announce or show something off [either promotional artwork or a prototype] it's generally made available within a year or so. :/

Seriously, I've been waiting for a certain Orchid Seed figure for FIVE YEARS! They show a new/updated prototype every couple years or so, but it's still not painted. ;_;
Are you talking about that Tower of Aion one?

johnsmith

remember me
The Target ads are up on their website. The one saying it's only for marvel characters is definitely the canadian one. The US should be for all figures.

Meyneth

Nope, she's a nice one too though.

I was referring to Snow from "Blassreiter".
The fact that we've just identified two figures from orchid seed that are taking forever to get released really makes me wonder.
I never realized they suffered from chronic slow motion

The Target ads are up on their website. The one saying it's only for marvel characters is definitely the canadian one. The US should be for all figures.
Yeah, I went in to my closest store to make sure. Super sad, but I did check the paint jobs on the figures and it looks like there's only minor variation. So I'll just order the ones I want online (Elsa and rapunzel were sold out)

chrono01

The fact that we've just identified two figures from orchid seed that are taking forever to get released really makes me wonder.
Yeah, it can be depressing.

Perhaps if they didn't do so many re-color/variants of already released figures they would be able to get things out on-time [or as close to them as possible, anyway]. I still love them as a manufacturer, but you need to be extremely patient. Basically, when they announce something, don't expect it for at least 2-3 years.

Meyneth

Yeah, it can be depressing.

Perhaps if they didn't do so many re-color/variants of already released figures they would be able to get things out on-time [or as close to them as possible, anyway]. I still love them as a manufacturer, but you need to be extremely patient. Basically, when they announce something, don't expect it for at least 2-3 years.

Talk about depressing...

Good thing I have nendos/prize figures/pullip/azone to pacify me

Are you talking about that Tower of Aion one?

Nope, she's a nice one too though.

I was referring to Snow from "Blassreiter".

Someone post this Aion figure. I vaguely remember it, but I'm not sure. Also, is the Blassreiter one the one that's sitting on that weird bike? I've been dying for that one.

Orchid Seed always takes forever. It's best not to look forward to any of their figures, and just consider it a nice surprise when they actually do release something.

orchid seed puts alter to shame in terms of "who takes the longest from prototype to release"

OS shows off a prototype of a figure 3-4 years ago. Still no preorders up. You thought alter's labrys was bad? now imagine 70-80% of OS figures.

Settin

Mammon is taking so long because the butt cleavage is too much for orchid seed's painters. Either that or there's not enough PVC in japan for dat ass.

I still don't understand why your guys are so fascinated with these things. They're pretty expensive considering their size.
Are they at least using the figures as they were? I.e NFC figures or display purpose? Cause I understand if they use it on Disney Infinity but if not....oh Figure GAF that's a dark hole XD

Are they at least using the figures as they were? I.e NFC figures or display purpose? Cause I understand if they use it on Disney Infinity but if not....oh Figure GAF that's a dark hole XD

Exactly. I was looking at them in Target the other day, and while they're pretty cool, $13.99 is a lot if you're just going to stand them up for display.

So I have a real question.... If I were to get Max Factory's Lineage II Dark Elf.... Blue or Brown? I can't decide.

Exactly. I was looking at them in Target the other day, and while they're pretty cool, $13.99 is a lot if you're just going to stand them up for display.

So I have a real question.... If I were to get Max Factory's Lineage II Dark Elf.... Blue or Brown? I can't decide.

went with blue. More unique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom