• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

hmm 18.8k before discount. thats a bit much. That would mean shes 16k and on the same tier as yamato....which yamato blows her away

NitroPLUS1410807358.png

This ^ right here. I got the heavy armaments and she is totally worth it imo but I have a bias toward girlified WWII ships.

kewlmyc

well I feel the homura is more because the licensing.

Have you seen how much Madoka BD cost in the US? same people who did the gurren lagann BD as well.

figure prices have gone up and I feel a lot of it is due to China.

Aniplex USA BD/DVDs always cost an arm and a leg though.
That's why you get them from the UK instead. :p

Those prices are completely due to Aniplex. They're even worse than Funimation when it comes to pricing.

Funimation is actually reasonable though. I rather get 13 episodes for $60 through Funi than 4 episodes for $60 through Aniplex.

Ken

The only castle girl.

Those prices are completely due to Aniplex. They're even worse than Funimation when it comes to pricing.

Himeji Castle, I'm assuming.

Also, it doesn't mean that "she's" castoffable, it probably means something like the objects around her, armor on her lower arms, etc. It's probably not anything lewd.

oh i need to use commas more lol cause I meant to say:

wait what, castlegirl is cast off

also stop ruining my dreams makoto

Bombless

oh thank god. I need a pick-me-up after this shitty Himeji news.

I don't know what the fuck is up with Max Factory's pricing lately. These muthafuckas think they're selling Real Dolls or some shit.

I suspect she will be part of the Wonderful Hobby Selection, along with Collosal Titan and Yamato Heavy Arms, thus explaining the price.

not sure on release date. We will probably find out tomorrow.

Oh yea by the way she is cast-off.

Aaaah yep. That would also explain it.

Edit :
Himeji Castle, I'm assuming.

Also, it doesn't mean that "she's" castoffable, it probably means something like the objects around her, armor on her lower arms, etc. It's probably not anything lewd.

Yeah, just like Yamato. Full ver. vs Light ver. I'm pretty sure that'll be the case, I don't see Max Factory doing lewd.

chrono01

oh i need to use commas more lol cause I meant to say:

wait what, castlegirl is cast off

also stop ruining my dreams makoto
Sorry.

What I meant to say was that every shingle, every brick, will be fully cast-offable, resulting in the vision of the glorious "ground-work" to be displayed in its bare and luscious glory.

shes not lewd cast off-able. I can't name a single MF/GSC figure that was made with those options in mind. If MF wanted to make a lewd castle it would be under their Native brand

edit

o shit yamato was 18k too? I thought it was 15k rofl and I PO it as well. hahahahahahah

Funimation is actually reasonable though. I rather get 13 episodes for $60 through Funi than 4 episodes for $60 through Aniplex.

If you're patient, you can get good deals on Funimation stuff from Amazon. I got the entire series of Robotics;Notes for about $45 total.

Just recieved the payment request from AmiAmi...that shipping...it hurts.

More than I've ever paid for shipping in a single order. Makes me feel better about my monthly order this month, too/ XD

raven777

my latest addition
5428DA0E394A7F0018

the bottom skirt is yellowish and the skin color is a bit too red but other than that I am happy with the figure. This was my first Orchid Seed figure (and my first cast off over 18 fig).

yami4ct

Just checked out what my November/December toy bill is going to be, and man it's probably going to be the most I've spent on toys in such a short time. Currently I've got

MP Bumblebee (¥5,100)
SH Figuarts Kiwami Arms (¥3,300)
MP Ultra Magnus (¥14,400)
PG Gundam Unicorn (¥20,000)
PG Unicorn LED Kit (¥12,000)
RG Wing Gundam Zero Custom (¥2,000) (Maybe)

That's about $560 pre-shipping right there. Got about $320 worth of stuff to sell and have Christmas coming up as well, so it won't be too killer, but definitely the only hobby purchases I'll be able to make until March next year.

Ken

oh wow that's a nice orchid seed figure

Just checked out what my November/December toy bill is going to be, and man it's probably going to be the most I've spent on toys in such a short time. Currently I've got

MP Bumblebee (¥5,100)

That's $610 pre-shipping right there. Got about $320 worth of stuff to sell and have Christmas coming up as well, so it won't be too killer, but definitely the only hobby purchases I'll be able to make until March next year.

where'd you preorder PG Unicorn?

yami4ct

where'd you preorder PG Unicorn?

Nowhere yet. Waiting for HLJ as my MP Ultra Magnus is coming from there as well. Might as well combine those ridiculous size boxes together. Don't expect him to go up until late-Oct at earliest.

Forgot about the HLJ 20% discount on the PG stuff, so that cuts another $60. Wooo. That should ease it all to ~$600 shipped, probably. If yen/usd exchange rate stays at the 110/dollar it's been at lately, that'll cut another 10% off, so I should be able to easily come under $600 shipped.

chrono01

wait so she was actually sold out until now?
Yep.

It's typical of Kotobukiya releases, they tend to come and go for the first few days. Just letting people know in-case they missed the first batch of pre-orders.

I'm passing, though. I'm content with Daisy, although I do prefer the look of Anabelle [but not enough to own her too].

Bombless

MP Bumblebee (¥5,100)

That's about $560 pre-shipping right there. Got about $320 worth of stuff to sell and have Christmas coming up as well, so it won't be too killer, but definitely the only hobby purchases I'll be able to make until March next year.

No Neo Zheong? For shame. That Unicorn + LEDs sounds awesome.

yami4ct

I really need to order more from AmiAmi, but that HLJ cancellation system is such a selling point for me. I don't ever really cancel things, but it's so good to know I can easily if I need to.

No Neo Zheong? For shame. That Unicorn + LEDs sounds awesome.

Haha. The shipping on that thing was enough to give me a heart attack. You can get a PG shipped for ~$60, but shipping alone on Neo Zeong is over $100. Maybe if I can get a good sale from a US seller some day, but definitely avoiding that kit of the foreseeable future.

The minute they announced that PG Unicorn and LED kit, I knew I had to have it. Have to do some collection culling to get it (and to make room to display it), but it's too good to pass up. That is, if it delivers on the promise. Of course need to see a final kit before I make a final decision, but the one poster pic we have and the data sheets are some of the most promising GunPla things I've seen in ages.

chrono01

apparently himeji is 17.4k? listed on mfc.

that means about 15.8k~ with discount
Still too expensive for me. I mean, with Yamato at least you got that really intricate base that you can play around with. Himeji Castle, on the other hand, while she looks amazing, is more of a simple sculpt.

I was personally expecting something around 10-11k [with a discount], so the newly-revealed price is a lot to accept.

I'm passing, though. I'm content with Daisy, although I do prefer the look of Anabelle [but not enough to own her too].

I passed on Daisy and ordered Annabel. A victory for patience!

apparently himeji is 17.4k? listed on mfc.

that means about 15.8k~ with discount

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to resist. Nor should I, since this is a figure I've been looking forward to above most others. I'll just cut back elsewhere. My 2015 orders are already being kept very light. I don't want another year like this one of figure expenses.

Bombless

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to resist. Nor should I, since this is a figure I've been looking forward to above most others. I'll just cut back elsewhere. My 2015 orders are already being kept very light. I don't want another year like this one of figure expenses.

You need to edit your MFC comment you liar. 2015 release is great though. No way I'd go for her otherwise. That is unless it's changed to December, but I doubt she would release on time anyway. Now if she happens to be in the same month as Yamato however...

chrono01

I'm looking at Himeji Castle and I'm seriously trying to understand why she's priced so high. She's not based off a hot property [as the KanColle girls are], the sculpt isn't overly intricate, and she's only 15cm high. Sure, she looks great, and I'm sure she'll sell, but I just can't say "yes" to that price.

I'd also prefer her coloring to be a bit more...vivid. The pastel colors, and lack of shading, make her appear a bit dull. Although that's probably due to the original artwork she's based on, I'm not sure.

I'm looking at Himeji Castle and I'm seriously trying to understand why she's priced so high. She's not based off a hot property [as the KanColle girls are], the sculpt isn't overly intricate, and she's only 15cm high. Sure, she looks great, and I'm sure she'll sell, but I just can't say "yes" to that price.

I'd also prefer her coloring to be a bit more...vivid. The pastel colors, and lack of shading, make her appear a bit dull. Although that's probably due to the original artwork she's based on, I'm not sure.

Okay Chrono-kun. You're not buying her, we get it. It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else, though. See you at checkout. ;)

Settin

oh man they were annoying as hell. I thought mine was defect or something...

I have it off at the moment and I don't plan to put it back anytime soon.
I feel like Orchid Seed figures are designed to be displayed in the nude. You have to strip them to remove the plastic wrapping but putting their clothes back on is always complicated.

I feel like Orchid Seed figures are designed to be displayed in the nude. You have to strip them to remove the plastic wrapping but putting their clothes back on is always complicated.

Arshes Nei wasn't too bad in that regard. And she's such a booty. Errr, beauty…

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

There's intricacy to the base. And she's a building, I guess.

I'm passing. There are too many other figures that I really want. Maybe I'll get a boatgirl instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom