• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Also, is the Blassreiter one the one that's sitting on that weird bike? I've been dying for that one.
Yeah, that's the one.

It's been a great "WANT" for me for a while now, even more so that it's based off of one of Nishii's artworks [of Samurai Girls/Seven Deadly Sins fame]. Still, five+ years and still not painted? That's just agonizing.

orchid seed puts alter to shame in terms of "who takes the longest from prototype to release"

OS shows off a prototype of a figure 3-4 years ago. Still no preorders up. You thought alter's labrys was bad? now imagine 70-80% of OS figures.
This is basically Orchid Seed.

- Show off artwork announcing an upcoming figure release from them.
- 2-3 years later you get a prototype.
- 2-3 years later you get a painted prototype.
- 1-2 years later pre-orders start.
;_;

she looks great. A lot better than I expected.
Indeed, she turned out better than I thought she would. Amakuni is definitely improving.

Wow. Tony Taka's Annabelle's pre-orders are already closed on AmiAmi?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-008141&page=top
Not surprising at all, this is pretty typical for Kotobukiya releases. She'll likely come back in-stock, then sell out, then back in-stock again, before selling out for a while [closer to release]. The allocations are always staggered with Kotobukiya, for some reason.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This is basically Orchid Seed.

- Show off artwork announcing an upcoming figure release from them.
- 2-3 years later you get a prototype.
- 2-3 years later you get a painted prototype.
- 1-2 years later pre-orders start.
;_;

Sorceress is way ahead of schedule then. I need her, like, yesterday.

Einbroch

Banned
Staggered release leads to the mentality of there being high demand and shortage.

It's smart on a large scale, but for such a niche community and hobby I'm not sure it's super effective.

Elixir

There isn't really anything niche about this hobby any more.

Kotobukiya have been doing the "limited preorder window, totally super desirable item guys" gag for years now. It doesn't actually help them either, almost all of their stuff is discounted after release, Daisy being a good example.

There isn't really anything niche about this hobby any more.

Kotobukiya have been doing the "limited preorder window, totally super desirable item guys" gag for years now. It doesn't actually help them either, almost all of their stuff is discounted after release, Daisy being a good example.

That's because Kotobukiya has pretty gigantic production-runs compared to other companies. Probably due to the fact that they've had their fingers in both Japan and America for years, now.

kewlmyc

I'm buying both versions. I'm quite sure I'll be able to get the MH version and display her for months and months before the OS version gets released.

You store your figures? I'm considering doing that as well later on down the line.

Actually, how many people here don't display all of their figures and keep some of them in their boxes or in storage?

Ken

You store your figures? I'm considering doing that as well later on down the line.

Actually, how many people here don't display all of their figures and keep some of them in their boxes or in storage?

i keep most in the boxes but that's mainly because 2lewd4myhouse

I don't really have a choice. I have two detolfs and a billy in my home office, and I keep it pretty limited to that. I don't want them taking over the house. I have a few on bookshelves shelves and whatnot in my bedroom, but that's it. I'm gonna go through the cases next weekend and pull some stuff out to make room for newer ones, and I'll probably gather together some to sell off.

Even though she's only 1/10, I'm still thinking about Rinko. So much HHHNNNNGGGGG

27.jpg

Anony

okay, this is going to be a long shot but, i'm having buyer's (preorder) remorse on shimakaze
Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Shimakaze 1/8 Complete Figure(Preorder)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-004938
would anyone interested in buying it off me and i'll just put in your shipping address into amiami when it actually releases?

should i just keep it?
i have the figma shimakaze, i really like this one, but i've got no shelf space for it

should i just keep it?
i have the figma shimakaze, i really like this one, but i've got no shelf space for it

Lack of shelf-space never stopped me. If you like it, buy her. Or you can always ask to cancel. Might be riskier if you don't spend a bajillion JPY per month.

Bombless

GSC's Shimakaze does look great, although I'm satisfied with Amakuni's version.

Honestly, I was a bit disappointed when I saw the base GSC is including with their version. For the price you're paying you'd think they could have done a bit more. :/

Warning: Shimakaze assets on full display!

Wayyyy sluttier than Amakuni's. Although I think her skirt has been intentionally raised here. I like the Rensohou-chan pile though.

chrono01

Wayyyy sluttier than Amakuni's. Although I think her skirt has been intentionally raised here. I like the Rensohou-chan pile though.
Yeah, the skirt in the above picture was definitely raised. I wouldn't be surprised if it were fully cast-offable too, given how...adjustable it is.

chrono01

Ouch. OUCH. That's before discount though, right? I'll have to see her size before deciding.
That's definitely before the store discounts, but she'll still be around the 16.8k area. Factory in the shipping, which will likely be around $40-$50 at least [I have a feeling her box will be large, and EMS-only] and you're looking at one expensive figure. :/

hmm 18.8k before discount. thats a bit much. That would mean shes 16k and on the same tier as yamato....which yamato blows her away

NitroPLUS1410807358.png

edit

price increase probably has to do with the rising cost of labor in china. I heard GSC/Alter might be moving shit to Japan but not sure if true

kewlmyc

oh thank god. I need a pick-me-up after this shitty Himeji news.

I don't know what the fuck is up with Max Factory's pricing lately. These muthafuckas think they're selling Real Dolls or some shit.

Good Smile Company and sister companies are charging that much because they know it'll still sell. Hell, I'm guilty of it too. I bought a $200 Akuma Homura figure. The only other figure I'm interested in that's over $100 is Chaika and I'm hoping she bargin bins. I'm not sure how Aquamarine's QC is either since they're a brand new company.

Ryuuroden

Boatgirls are my addiction now. I see a few more in my future and they are just as pricey but to me they look much nicer. Must be all the turrets and torpedoes and hometown and life. Pretty much only thing I have been preordering is boatgirls and 7 deadly sins. Gonna be some sexy shelf displays.

Good Smile Company and sister companies are charging that much because they know it'll still sell. Hell, I'm guilty of it too. I bought a $200 Akuma Homura figure. The only other figure I'm interested in that's over $100 is Chaika and I'm hoping she bargin bins. I'm not sure how Aquamarine's QC is either since they're a brand new company.

well I feel the homura is more because the licensing.

Have you seen how much Madoka BD cost in the US? same people who did the gurren lagann BD as well.

figure prices have gone up and I feel a lot of it is due to China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom