• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an order with GSC containing the two new GSR BMW models, but there was a delay on one of them (only a couple of weeks). Trouble is, they've gone ahead and shipped the one that was on schedule... which means I'll now be sent two packages in total, and be hit for customs duty (like I always am with GSC) twice.

Is this standard practice with GSC? Short of bonus exclusives, I think I'd rather order somewhere else, where I can at least have some control over what goes in deliveries, and when.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
my latest addition
5428DA0E394A7F0018

the bottom skirt is yellowish and the skin color is a bit too red but other than that I am happy with the figure. This was my first Orchid Seed figure (and my first cast off over 18 fig).

Nice pick up, looks sultry..

MH Sorceress is EMS only. 3840 shipping to the U.S.

SAL parcel was basically the same price.

Yeah it's a shame, I went SAL small packet on the elf and amazon and got both of them without import tax in less then a week, but looks like I'm gonna have to pony up for Sorceress. If Tiki comes out next month, I'll be done with Dragon's Crown until the Orchid Seed Sorceress hits in 5 years.

I was looking forward to pre-ordering Himeji Castle, but for some reason I expected her to be bigger, the 1/7 scale/15cm size doesn't seem big enough to make her as majestic as the concept is. At this scale if you put her with other figures, it's like she's a typical figure cosplaying a castle. Still might get her if I can find a place to display her on her own.

Ryuuroden

Just checked out what my November/December toy bill is going to be, and man it's probably going to be the most I've spent on toys in such a short time. Currently I've got

MP Bumblebee (¥5,100)
SH Figuarts Kiwami Arms (¥3,300)
MP Ultra Magnus (¥14,400)
PG Gundam Unicorn (¥20,000)
PG Unicorn LED Kit (¥12,000)
RG Wing Gundam Zero Custom (¥2,000) (Maybe)

That's about $560 pre-shipping right there. Got about $320 worth of stuff to sell and have Christmas coming up as well, so it won't be too killer, but definitely the only hobby purchases I'll be able to make until March next year.

How hard are PG sets to put together? I am pretty good with model building but I have never done any gunpla. Also, I was wondering how easy the directions are to follow since they would be in Japanese. Also, how big is this one supposed to be and does this one require painting. I don't have any of my model paints and equipment as I sold it all a few years back. Just need to know what I would need to invest to get back in the game.

Edit: I come from the era of glue and painting and it looks like gunpla doesn't require glue so that's cool. I guess my question is instructions, how the spru's are labeled and how much painting is necessary. I am familiar with led wireing from my Lego mocs so I am comfortable there.

These prices are making it much easier to not impulse buy

Ya at least they are saving me money. Just really wanted that one...same with Yamato. I love that figure as well and just refuse to pay that much for it. Sadly there are people that will eat it up and let them continue this crazy pricing.

george_us

Sorceress is paid for awwww yis.

I wish AmiAmi would hurry up and drop Edition-Z Kuzan's price already. I would have bought him already but my gut is telling me he's going to drop like Rob Lucci did.

Toki767

My Nendo Red got delivered to Big In Japan. Wonder how long it'll take them to send me an invoice. I bet they got a ton of these to sort through and deliver.

chrono01

Yeah, I'm expecting a backlog for Red Nendoroid. They must be swarmed with them by now, haha. Here's hoping they invoice us soon!

Oh, speaking of BIJ, my Belphegor shipped! \o/

Meyneth

Nendo petit Ed arrived this morning. I thought it was just going to be the nendo, but mandarake had him with the magazine as well.

tumblr_nco7tllr7X1qhqqfyo1_1280.jpg

Ed enters the fray!
(I like his coat, very dramatic)

LiK

My Japan contact got Nendo Red last week and is shipping it to me. I dunno if I'll open it. Maybe it depends on aftermarket prices LOL

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I have some Billy bookcases with Morliden doors coming in on thursday.

Time to finally unbox a ton of figures. Need to move all the small figures out of my current glass display case to make room for the larger figures.

I may buy her anyway. #YOLO

I hear ya...it depends on the month for me but all signs point to hell no.

So I asked for another cancellation today. At this point Ami closing my account would only be a favor to me lol. I know they won't, just curious if they will do it considering one thing I asked to cancel is in my yet to be billed invoice for this month.

Bombless

So I asked for another cancellation today. At this point Ami closing my account would only be a favor to me lol. I know they won't, just curious if they will do it considering one thing I asked to cancel is in my yet to be billed invoice for this month.

Uh oh...Good luck!
Must not avatar quote!

meijiko

Yes it is! (ꈍᴗꈍ)
I had to go to the store and bug them for days before they put any out for purchase.

My husband and I were pretty big fans of that line. At first we got the promo flyer and said "huh these are pretty neat, we should get Maleficient she looks pretty awesome." And then we ended up buying the whole line of dolls because we're insane.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My husband and I were pretty big fans of that line. At first we got the promo flyer and said "huh these are pretty neat, we should get Maleficient she looks pretty awesome." And then we ended up buying the whole line of dolls because we're insane.

Oh darn; you got a whole set of Muramasa figures, and the Belldandy+Holy Bell statue~

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't know how I missed the 1/10 PVC Belldandy+Holy Bell. I remember seeing the 1/6 Coldcast version waaaaay back in the early 2000's and regret not buying it.

I can only splurge on Himeji because my orders for 2015 will be a mere fraction of what they were this year. It's going to be mostly Kotobukiya bishoujos for me, because they have some amazing stuff lined up.

After years of looking for a good deal I finally traded with a mate to get this:

1O2XxpU.jpg

Mcfarlane Kaneda and bike

I also found some of the only officially released Katara and Toph figures. Shame they are only Kinder Surprise prizes:

ns64D67.jpg

3 3/4 Boba for scale

Is it schadenfreude when I'm looking at some of you guy's orders and smiling that I've not got payments as crazy as you guys have anymore? I mean the orders aren't misfortunes so... XD

Is it schadenfreude when I'm looking at some of you guy's orders and smiling that I've not got payments as crazy as you guys have anymore? I mean the orders aren't misfortunes so... XD

I thought that was the main reason I was in this thread.

Cause when you think you have it worst, someone out there is ordering more than you~

After years of looking for a good deal I finally traded with a mate to get this:

I also found some of the only officially released Katara and Toph figures. Shame they are only Kinder Surprise prizes:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ns64D67.jpg

3 3/4 Boba for scale
That kinder surprise quality lol, expected though; would love a Korra statue now that I think about it lol.
I thought that was the main reason I was in this thread.

Cause when you think you have it worst, someone out there is ordering more than you~
Haha indeed, this is the best thread to check on and feel good about yourself XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom