• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

My husband and I were pretty big fans of that line. At first we got the promo flyer and said "huh these are pretty neat, we should get Maleficient she looks pretty awesome." And then we ended up buying the whole line of dolls because we're insane.

Sweet setup!

After years of looking for a good deal I finally traded with a mate to get this:

1O2XxpU.jpg

Mcfarlane Kaneda and bike

Cool! How old is this figure?

yami4ct

How hard are PG sets to put together? I am pretty good with model building but I have never done any gunpla. Also, I was wondering how easy the directions are to follow since they would be in Japanese. Also, how big is this one supposed to be and does this one require painting. I don't have any of my model paints and equipment as I sold it all a few years back. Just need to know what I would need to invest to get back in the game.

Edit: I come from the era of glue and painting and it looks like gunpla doesn't require glue so that's cool. I guess my question is instructions, how the spru's are labeled and how much painting is necessary. I am familiar with led wireing from my Lego mocs so I am comfortable there.

Instructions are very easy to follow. Sprus are labeled with letters designating the spru itself and numbers designating the specific part. I've never built anything bigger than a MG, but PG's are the same, just more and bigger parts. Instruction labels are pretty much all pictorial, so no knowledge of Japanese is really required. You can find a basic description of what each manual symbol here http://www.mech9.com/blog/2009/10/meaning-of-the-symbols-found-in-a-bandai-model-kits-manual/ , but most symbols are self explanatory. I've built probably close to 100 kits and I know zero Japanese. If you want some examples of what manuals look like, check out dalong.net . He has scans of the manuals for pretty much every modern kit released.

For PGs, no paint is required at all. That's the big thing Bandai aims for with those. Most modern MGs don't require paint either. You might want to get a small gundam marker to panel line, but you won't need to do more than that. Sure, with some painting experience you can really make them works of art, but they still look amazing with no paint.

Are we sharing AmiAmi orders for this month, lol

I guess Im on team cheap for september. Though october if Free! comes will put me in the 200$ realm and also with the swimsuit Haikyuu!! stuff :/

(In-stock)Free! - Rubber Coaster Holiday ver. Rin Matsuoka | 640.- | 1 | 640.-
(In-stock)Free! - 2.5 SisterS Straight Glass | 860.- | 1 | 860.-
(In-stock)Free! - 2.5 SisterS Jacquard Scarf Towel | 2,150.- | 1 | 2,150.-
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment method: PayPal
Shipping method: EMS
Shipping fee: 1860
Store Credit: -214
TOTAL: 5296 JPY

Meyneth

My husband and I were pretty big fans of that line. At first we got the promo flyer and said "huh these are pretty neat, we should get Maleficient she looks pretty awesome." And then we ended up buying the whole line of dolls because we're insane.
I really liked the villains line but my local Disney store had/has a dumb method for purchasing them (because of the crazy demand). So I only collect the LE dolls and maybe the lithographs if I like the art.
Other than that I mostly have nendos

omlet

My only order this month is Starfire. Feels good man.

I have nothing ordered until December... I can't decide if this is a good feel or not. My wallet and shelf space appreciates it, but I worry about my ability to resist the temptation of amiami preowned section between now and Christmas.

TONIGHT!

HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI!

chrono01

TONIGHT!

HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI! HI-ME-JI!
Not for me!

/remains adamant about it

darklin0

Banned
I have nothing ordered until December... I can't decide if this is a good feel or not. My wallet and shelf space appreciates it, but I worry about my ability to resist the temptation of amiami preowned section between now and Christmas.
I would consider that a win but you are right. The preowned section is always the biggest pitfall.
TONIGHT!

The price is ludicrous! I am going to see if she hits reasonable prices in the after market.

kewlmyc

TONIGHT!

This is the fastest time I've seen someone go through the 5 cycles of grief for a figure.

Ken

phew, that musashi doesn't do much for me. the pose and face are kind of boring.

TONIGHT!

/salute

You poor fools. Feels so good to be free of the shackles of preorders.

Hey, I'm working my way towards freedom. I'm keeping my 2015 orders super-light. I can justify Himeji because I've been looking forward to her for so long. You know I have.

But the vast majority of things I want next year are all Marvel / DC bishoujos. And Juri.

Bombless

Heads up, one of my work computers just got hit by CryptoWall. Apparently it spreads through ads on websites. I doubt GAF is affected but other smaller websites I was on tonight were MFC, Amiami, Plastikitty and that Musashi photos page. We're using a shitty older version of IE here so it might be related, but stay alert.

Heads up, one of my work computers just got hit by CryptoWall. Apparently it spreads through ads on websites. I doubt GAF is affected but other smaller websites I was on tonight were MFC, Amiami, Plastikitty and that Musashi photos page. We're using a shitty older version of IE here so it might be related, but stay alert.

Is that that thing that locks you out of your own PC and demands a ransom?

Ken

i went to amiami and musashi but i'm ok so far?

Bombless

Luckly nothing is stored locally here and the network appears unaffected. It's just this pc box that's compromised. I'm bound to catch some flak for this but eh, what can I do.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. Back to Himeji hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom