• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I miss?!

FIGURE-008097_04.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-008097&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_agelimit%3D0%24s_condition_flg%3D0%24s_keywords%3DNendoroid%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

I gotta juggle my hobbies! ๛∙᷅῞ॄ∙᷄

Between nendos and figures I also have books/comics, video games, dolls (the most expensive hobby I have), Disney stuff, and art supplies.
Nendos do have priority over most of the other stuff though
balance is key, I prioritize in tiers

Tier 1:
Video Games
Hockey
Computers

Tier 2:
Magic the Gathering
Figures

Tier 3:
Random Projects (Currently trying to build an arcade cabinet)

MTG is about to fall to T3...game is just a fucking money sink with how they do rotations

I hope my 2 preorders for October get pushed back. October is Bricktober which means double points at the Lego store.

I don't know how you do it dude. Lego was just as bad funds wise as figures for me. Both? I would be eating ramen erryday.

If we are breaking down hobby priorities...

1.Games
2.Figues
3.Anime bluray/dvds

Thankfully I already have everything I need for my Photography hobby.

Einbroch

Banned
You guys should just get Gamefly if you're in the US. I know I sound like a shill, but knowing you're spending $12 a month for 2+ brand new games every month is super freeing. It's one less thing to worry about.

And it frees up that skrilla for Nendos.

You guys should just get Gamefly if you're in the US. I know I sound like a shill, but knowing you're spending $12 a month and no more for 2+ brand new games every month is super freeing. It's one less thing to worry about.

gamefly is pretty sweet, but I love having my collection (I also play 95% of games on PC where gamefly is not an option)

I have 3 large shelves full of game cases, and id never part with any of them.

for those that gamefly fits for though, damn good service. My friend swears by it

just pulled this off of my phone, same room that has my figures in it.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I did. Is she really that bad? The pics don't look that bad.

While she's not the worse figure I've bought, she was the second most disappointing in hand. If I could go back in time I'd wait and find her cheaper down the line. That said she still looks good on the shelf, just don't get too close.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm seriously considering buying Gift's Sena Kashiwazaki 1/4 scale. She's huge
in many ways
!

Does anyone else have her?

Ryuuroden

I don't know how you do it dude. Lego was just as bad funds wise as figures for me. Both? I would be eating ramen erryday.

If we are breaking down hobby priorities...

1.Games
2.Figues
3.Anime bluray/dvds

Thankfully I already have everything I need for my Photography hobby.

I have no kids and I own my own company, or at least I will when the boss passes control to me and a coworker next year. I'm compensated well as it is. A few years ago I would never been able to juggle multiple hobbies. I just hope I can be as successful as my boss. He owns a corvette and a 4 seater plane. I had to work a decade of shit jobs and non livable wages before I finally got my current job. One thing that does do is make you work hard as Fuck to make sure you never have that experience ever again. I never want to have to worry if I will be laid off the next week ever again. There is a different sort of stress you have when you are more in control of your own future. I vastly prefer it over working for someone on the bottom of the food chain.

omlet

So speaking of nendos there's one I saw before that I can't remember, maybe you know of it. It looks like a valkyrie sort of, she had a spear and maybe even had wings... don't know the source or character but it was cute and if I were to buy nendos that would probably be one I'd look for. Scanned through amiami's listings and didn't see it.

So speaking of nendos there's one I saw before that I can't remember, maybe you know of it. It looks like a valkyrie sort of, she had a spear and maybe even had wings... don't know the source or character but it was cute and if I were to buy nendos that would probably be one I'd look for. Scanned through amiami's listings and didn't see it.

yAVMgES.gif

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Nendoroid Kusugawa Sasara - http://myfigurecollection.net/item/94839

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, her armor is very nice. Not very popular character so I guess that's why it's going for relatively cheap.

omlet

Nendo threat list:

Naruko Aoba
Sasara Kusugawa Valkyrie
Shinku
Solid Snake
Suigintou
Tina

Amatsukaze might make the list but I'd rather have a scale of her if I was going to cave in and buy any shipgirls

StayDead

That's so cute, I shall adore it from afar.

Edit: my nendo solution may be to find a girlfriend who adores nendos and that way I can stay out of nendos yet live through her.

Or adopt a child and live the nendo life you always wanted through them.

Heck people do it with acting/pagents so go for it. :?

Einbroch

Banned
Nendo threat list:

Naruko Aoba
Sasara Kusugawa Valkyrie
Shinku
Solid Snake
Suigintou
Tina

Amatsukaze might make the list but I'd rather have a scale of her if I was going to cave in and buy any shipgirls

You already went through all the trouble of making this list, might as well buy them.

Ok, I'll post some of those that I have easy access to, the rest is somewhere deep inside my closet.

56k warning:

Got this one to put on my desk, but people kept almost breaking it, so it came back to the box.

The reason I got my 3DS and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Never got it outside of the box, though.

Bought this one to celebrate the third game, but in the end I liked it more than the actual game.

I almost bought a Mystique and a Catwoman, but they went out of stock before I had the chance. There's a couple of other figures and gunplas here too, but they are too hard to reach.

Yeesssss glad you joined us RyosukeTH. Now free them from their plastic cages!

nope_girl.gif

People here have big clumsy hands, they almost break my diecast cars that are made of metal already, they'll destroy the figures. I tried it with the Lupin one, but it only made me sad/mad.

And thanks by the welcome, I'm glad that I found this thread.

But I guess once in a while it would not kill:

Bombless

Ok, I'll post some of those that I have easy access to, the rest is somewhere deep inside my closet.

56k warning:

I almost bought a Mystique and a Catwoman, but they went out of stock before I had the chance. There's a couple of other figures and gunplas here too, but they are too hard to reach.

GIEF LIARA!

Also welcome!

Edit : Where the hell is this gif from haha

Ah that is a shame...ya I don't blame you then.

Yep. I'll try to reason with them soon(tm), but I don't think that this is a battle that I could win. Maybe I could start paying the cleaning lady to not clean my room, heh.

GIEF LIARA!

Also welcome!

Edit : Where the hell is this gif from haha

Thanks! Don't actually know where the gif is from, but I've seen it a couple of times already.

meijiko

I... might try to get him anyway. I'm not sure. I just keep looking at his face and I just know we won't get another one because figure companies hate making men.

If it were the magician, tho, I probably wouldn't even hesitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom