• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

I... might try to get him anyway. I'm not sure. I just keep looking at his face and I just know we won't get another one because figure companies hate making men.

If it were the magician, tho, I probably wouldn't even hesitate.
I'm having the very same thoughts. Him, Dwarf and Sorcerer woud be one KILLER shelf. But polyresin :( I doubt it'll sell out though.

Giolon

Ok, I'll post some of those that I have easy access to, the rest is somewhere deep inside my closet.

56k warning:

I almost bought a Mystique and a Catwoman, but they went out of stock before I had the chance. There's a couple of other figures and gunplas here too, but they are too hard to reach.

All your pics are broken for me.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
*clears throat*

i...I...I happen to collect some Nendoroids as well. ;)

I've been after full runs of Queen's Blade, Disgaea, Kan Colle and Black Rock Shooter (TV Animation). Also picking up various fighting/RPG-themed gals such as Taiga Aisaka, Sasara w/ Maryan, Sakura w/ Kobu and so on. I try my damnedest to avoid anything Puchi (Petite) for sake of focus. Some exceptions were and will be made, of course. ;) Managed to get all 4 BlazBlue Puchis and preordered the upcoming Kan Colle 6-pack (just in case certain characters don't end up getting the regular-size treatment).

And a few Figmas and 1/8s, too...but not high on my priority list.

I can take pics when I get a new Billy (bookcase) w/ glass doors from IKEA in the near future, if anyone's interested. Or not.

Happy Collecting!

Einbroch

Banned
Welcome friend! Nendos are great, aren't they? While FigureGAF accepts all those who wish to join only those that are truly devoted to the Church of Nendo will ascend to a higher plain.

Our main mission is simple: to get those that resist the Nendo to open their hearts. Only then will those who call themselves Figure Gaffers be truly enlightened.

Enjoy your stay, and please, drink the punch.

My grandma died today guys. :(

It wasn't a surprise, she was 93. She'd been in a nursing home for the past six months or so, and ended up in the hospital last weekend due to shallow breathing and whatnot. They had her on a breathing tube which she never would have come off of, so my dad went down to the hospital Monday to sign the DNR papers. That was in her living will anyhow. I guess what freaks me out is that it drives home the fact that life is so impermanent. I also have no more grandparents. Not fishing for sympathy, just thinking out loud.

Okay, back to castle girls and boat girls. Clearly, castle girls are superior.

StayDead

It wasn't a surprise, she was 93. She'd been in a nursing home for the past six months or so, and ended up in the hospital last weekend due to shallow breathing and whatnot. They had her on a breathing tube which she never would have come off of, so my dad went down to the hospital Monday to sign the DNR papers. That was in her living will anyhow. I guess what freaks me out is that it drives home the fact that life is so impermanent. I also have no more grandparents. Not fishing for sympathy, just thinking out loud.

Oh man that's not good :(

RIP to your grandma and I hope everything is ok. Welll, as ok as it's ever going to be anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that :\

Einbroch

Banned

Sorry to hear that, friend. We might talk about silly figures here, but we're all friends.

My condolences.

kewlmyc

My condolences to you.

Bombless

My condolences Freezasaurus.

And yes, there are other castle girls since she's part of a browser game. Falling into this moat will hurt the wallet.

I firmly believe castle girls = boat girls though.

And yes, there are other castle girls since she's part of a browser game. Falling into this moat will hurt the wallet.

I firmly believe castle girls = boat girls though.

Oh god. I thought it was a one-time thing with Himejijou. Now I found out I'm just addicted to real estate where the rest of you like boats.

chrono01

We need a combination of Castle and Boat Girls. Let us call it, Moat Girls.

"L-L-Let me surround you with my purifying water, senpai!".

Einbroch

Banned
Just get the ones you want. I'm just getting Shima and Amatsu boat Nendos because the other ones are boring. None of the castle girls look that interesting, to be honest.

need a quick answer: does this roll model come with enough parts to make two separate rolls? Or should I buy two to have both costumes at once?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/134611/Megaman-Roll-Plastic-Model-Kit
megaman-roll-plastic-model-kit.jpg
megaman-roll-plastic-model-kit.jpg
edit: n/m, decided just to buy one

Sorry to hear that Freeza. Thoughts with you and your family.

Meyneth

need a quick answer: does this roll model come with enough parts to make two separate rolls? Or should I buy two to have both costumes at once?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/134611/Megaman-Roll-Plastic-Model-Kit
edit: n/m, decided just to buy one
Kotobukiya's site says that the model comes with additional clothing, faces, hands. So I don't think there are two torso parts or two head parts, just face plates and stuff. :/
http://store.kotous.com/mega-man-roll-plastic-model-kit.html

At launch, this is the first time that I kept her out of the box, actually. If that price at Amazon is true then goddamn, never expected that.

Don't pay attention to that. A while ago, bishoujo prices on Amazon (at least for discontinued pieces) just got silly for some reason ($800+ for some of the older Marvel ones). Liara bishoujo usually lists for about $250 or so. Of course, bishoujos don't actually sell at that price. I would never pay more than $100 for one, even though they're really nice, they aren't worth more than that.

Don't pay attention to that. A while ago, bishoujo prices on Amazon (at least for discontinued pieces) just got silly for some reason ($800+ for some of the older Marvel ones). Liara bishoujo usually lists for about $250 or so. Of course, bishoujos don't actually sell at that price. I would never pay more than $100 for one, even though they're really nice, they aren't worth more than that.

Oh, that's more in range of what I expected, actually. But yeah, I understand that people might try to take advantage of the limited supply, unfortunately.

Not that I will ever sell mine, though.

Off topic: Guys, what should I use to clean my figures, if I keep them out of their boxes? Any tips? Thanks.

Bombless

Oh, that's more in range of what I expected, actually. But yeah, I understand that people might try to take advantage of the limited supply, unfortunately.

Not that I will ever sell mine, though.

Off topic: Guys, what should I use to clean my figures, if I keep them out of their boxes? Any tips? Thanks.

Some people use hot glue. I wouldn't recommend it.

omlet

If you just mean for dust, I use microfiber dustcloth, qtips, and a bit of water if needed. Some people like using brushes (like paintbrushes or dusting brushes).

Some people use hot glue. I wouldn't recommend it.

If you just mean for dust, I use microfiber dustcloth, qtips, and a bit of water if needed. Some people like using brushes (like paintbrushes or dusting brushes).

Thanks guys, I'll steer away from hot glue and get some brushes to clean it. Maybe I should buy some gloves to move it around / touch it, hmm..
I'm really OCD about fingerprints.

johnsmith

remember me

Look at the sold listings on eBay and you might be surprised.

What is the consensus on figmas? Are they well built or the moving parts are a nuisance? I only have static figures, so I don't know anything about them.

Giolon

@Freezasaurus Sorry to hear about your grandma. Maybe all these boat and castle girls will cheer you up.

What is the consensus on figmas? Are they well built or the moving parts are a nuisance? I only have static figures, so I don't know anything about them.

figmas are widely considered some of the best action figures out there. They're reasonably robust, and the joints aren't overly fragile like some of their competitors (Figuarts/D-Arts). They generally have highly accurate likenesses to their source material, and come with nice extras, alternate faces, and props. Unfortunately, their price has gone up a lot in the past couple years, with the typical release moving up from about 3000-3500 yen into the 4000-4500 yen range. The Ironman figma w/ all of its extra parts was 8000 yen!

cm with a RRP of
JPY and seems to be only at Amiami Japan currently.

Okay. I saw that and was like "Is this going to be the first affordable Colossal Titan?"

NOPE!

Probably, I didn't get the reference.

SEMEN!!! "HOT GLUE" IS SEMEN!!!!!

There's something of a sub-culture, I guess, where people enjoy masturbating on their figures and then taking pictures to share with everyone. And now you have to live the rest of your life knowing that. Fufufufufufufufufu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom