• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Sorry to hear about your grandma, Freeze. :( It takes some deaths to put life into perspective sometimes. It's best that we make the most of it!

On a completely different note: Boat Girls are wholly superior to Castle Girls!

Those two words should not be discussed in here. /shudder

s7fpwiaofcjdtfb8y.gif

@Freezasaurus Sorry to hear about your grandma. Maybe all these boat and castle girls will cheer you up.

figmas are widely considered some of the best action figures out there. They're reasonably robust, and the joints aren't overly fragile like some of their competitors (Figuarts/D-Arts). They generally have highly accurate likenesses to their source material, and come with nice extras, alternate faces, and props. Unfortunately, their price has gone up a lot in the past couple years, with the typical release moving up from about 3000-3500 yen into the 4000-4500 yen range. The Ironman figma w/ all of its extra parts was 8000 yen!

Thanks for the info about figmas, I guess that just made my decision to ignore that Sinon figma just got harder.

SEMEN!!! "HOT GLUE" IS SEMEN!!!!!

There's something of a sub-culture, I guess, where people enjoy masturbating on their figures and tnen taking pictures to share with everyone. And now you have to live the rest of your life knowing that. Fufufufufufufufufu

2926040_336334_BA3E133C-D983-824C-5E8B7FACBB671783.gif

Well, that was kinda unexpected. And even though I'm new here, I'm sorry about your loss.

And it confused me because one female friend of mine told me about using hot glue, and that it ruined her figure, that's why.

I'm sorry, I could not resist.

You knew what you were doing.

But the collective waifus of FigureGAF are lucky they live in good homes where that doesn't happen.

We only hot glue real people. *runs*

Sorry to hear about your grandma, Freeze. :( It takes some deaths to put life into perspective sometimes. It's best that we make the most of it!

On a completely different note: Boat Girls are wholly superior to Castle Girls!

Thanks, man.

Castle girls still better.

Well, that was kinda unexpected. And even though I'm new here, I'm sorry about your loss.

And it confused me because one female friend of mine told me about using hot glue, and that it ruined her figure, that's why.

Thanks. :)

So did your friend try using hot glue after someone else suggested it? Because they may have just been being pervy.

Thanks. :)

So did your friend try using hot glue after someone else suggested it? Because they may have just been being pervy.

I would have to ask her, I'll be discreet and try not to actually tell her what it is, but IIRC it was her doing, the cleaning lady broke a figure's hand and she tried to fix it.

He was being gross

Yeah :(. Now I'm scarred since many, many of my friends own figures, and mine are tame compared to theirs (much more NSFW, I mean).

you should share that with the gamestop girl

Oh man, she wasn't even there last time I went. I'm over her for now, at least until I see her again.

I would have to ask her, I'll be discreet and try not to actually tell her what it is, but IIRC it was her doing, the cleaning lady broke a figure's hand and she tried to fix it.

By all means, tell her what it means, just not until you have your phone ready to film her reaction. You can then make it into a FigureGAF-original reaction .gif

By all means, tell her what it means, just not until you have your phone ready to film her reaction. You can then make it into a FigureGAF-original reaction .gif

Heh, that would kill me. It took me ages to get through to her, she is shy, but once I started talking about animes and figures things got better.

She may or may not be the reason I got back into anime as a way to have more things to talk about...who knows :)

What is the consensus on figmas? Are they well built or the moving parts are a nuisance? I only have static figures, so I don't know anything about them.

I love them! Besides gunpla and a single Nendo, all my figures are currently figmas.
I know the joints can be a bit garish, but if you can look past that you'll be fine.
Some of them come with tons of props so if you get tired of a pose you can always just change it up, which is a reason why I tend to avoid scales (besides the price).

Meyneth

Thanks a lot you guys...

After my 'nendos need strict rules' speech, I go and preorder 3 of them today

Hmph

imagine castle girl nendos :O

I love them! Besides gunpla and a single Nendo, all my figures are currently figmas.
I know the joints can be a bit garish, but if you can look past that you'll be fine.
Some of them come with tons of props so if you get tired of a pose you can always just change it up, which is a reason why I tend to avoid scales (besides the price).

Thanks! I'll probably get some in the near future, judging by the good responses.

Bombless

I would be.

Though I'm not sure if that means anything in this context.

But do you work at Gamestop?

Thanks! I'll probably get some in the near future, judging by the good responses.
Figmas are awesome. Poseability, accessories, compatibility between figmas, generally lower prices (though they have gone up somewhat).

I should rearrange my figma display this week!

Snow Miku is my only nendo.

So far...[dun dun dunnnnn]

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Only a few Figmas in my coll'n: KOS-MOS, T-elos and all of BRS. Just preordered Chariot.

Haven't pulled the trigger on Kan Colle yet. Maybe when I see more character announcements.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I think Figmas are great but can be a PITA to display satisfactorily. They always seem to pose perfectly in catalog photos but not so in person.

Thanks for the info about figmas, I guess that just made my decision to ignore that Sinon figma just got harder.

Skyy-John.gif

Aww your other reaction gif was better lol

george_us

My grandma died today guys. :(

It wasn't a surprise, she was 93. She'd been in a nursing home for the past six months or so, and ended up in the hospital last weekend due to shallow breathing and whatnot. They had her on a breathing tube which she never would have come off of, so my dad went down to the hospital Monday to sign the DNR papers. That was in her living will anyhow. I guess what freaks me out is that it drives home the fact that life is so impermanent. I also have no more grandparents. Not fishing for sympathy, just thinking out loud.

Okay, back to castle girls and boat girls. Clearly, castle girls are superior.
Very sorry to hear about that, man. At least she lived a long and full life. And don't worry about posting your thoughts. We're here for more than just discussing waifus.;)

Once again, sorry about the death in your family, Freezauraus. My condolences go out to you all.

To help cheer you up somewhat [I know, it's impossible], I have news! The Muse of Range Murata will be releasing October 14th!

http://www.alter-web.jp/shipment/index.html

Oh, Asuka too!

[Damn, October will be hell on my wallet...]

I thought you said good news. This is like "Surprise! You'll be spending $200 more than you thought this month!" XD

chrono01

I thought you said good news. This is like "Surprise! You'll be spending $200 more than you thought this month!" XD
It's true. Probably not exactly "good" news [when you factor in the cost associated with it], but I'm happy/relieved to see her finally being released [Asuka, as well]. I'm sure you are too.

But yes, the cost. ;_;

Let us hope the items delayed from September into October are delayed further into the year, otherwise we will all suffer.

It's true. Probably not exactly "good" news [when you factor in the cost associated with it], but I'm happy/relieved to see her finally being released [Asuka, as well]. I'm sure you are two.

But yes, the cost. ;_;

Let us hope the items delayed from September into October are delayed further into the year, otherwise we will all suffer.

The number of figures I have ordered will drop off dramatically next year, so I just have to weather the storm for now.

Bombless

It's true. Probably not exactly "good" news [when you factor in the cost associated with it], but I'm happy/relieved to see her finally being released [Asuka, as well]. I'm sure you are too.

But yes, the cost. ;_;

Hell no, I want my Mammon.

chrono01

The number of figures I have ordered will drop off dramatically next year, so I just have to weather the storm for now.
I'm aiming for the same, but you know how I can be. >_<

Hell no, I want my Mammon.
Mammon is fine to be released for me, since she's paid for. :)

Other October releases, though.

Asuka
Muse of Range Murata
Super Sonico - Cheerleader Ver.
Kongou
Super Sonico - Tiger Parka Ver.
X-Eros Cover Girl
Sansei Muramasa
Noel Vermillion
Sakura/Link/Satsuki/Super Sonico Nendroid

OH GOD!!!!!!

I'm aiming for the same, but you know how I can be. >_<

Playing fast and loose with your wallet? XD

Is Asuka coming out mid-month too? I may scrounge together a mid-month shipment so I don't get the end-of-month anal rape. My November is pretty light. Just Psychic (LOL!) And ArtFX 1/6 Batman. You don't have to be a psychic to know Psychic is getting delayed.

chrono01

Playing fast and loose with your wallet? XD

Is Asuka coming out mid-month too? I may scrounge together a mid-month shipment so I don't get the end-of-month anal rape. My November is pretty light. Just Psychic (LOL!) And ArtFX 1/6 Batman. You don't have to be a psychic to know Psychic is getting delayed.
Yeah, she's scheduled for October 14th as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom