• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlaphor

Quick question: How do I buy from myfigurecollecor? I put my item up for sale and I was looking at a couple of pieces that I might be interested in, but I saw no buy button. Do I just send the seller a PM saying that I'd like to buy their item and go from there?

Einbroch

Banned
Quick question: How do I buy from myfigurecollecor? I put my item up for sale and I was looking at a couple of pieces that I might be interested in, but I saw no buy button. Do I just send the seller a PM saying that I'd like to buy their item and go from there?

Yep. They do this so that MFC isn't responsible. It's essentially just a message board.

Bombless

Yeah, it's not a selling site. You basically deal with the seller/buyer on the side. MFC just puts you in contact and offers a reputation system.

Alter Selvaria is YAY, Vertex Selvaria is UGH.

It's those proportions that kill it. And that's also the same thing that's wrong with a lot of anime art.

RMI

Banned

be careful for scams/bootlegs.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Alter Selvaria is YAY, Vertex Selvaria is UGH.

It's those proportions that kill it. And that's also the same thing that's wrong with a lot of anime art.

Eh. Mogudan and Raita usually draw extreme proportions, which then get toned down in the final product - Scrapped Princess and Valkyria Chronicle respectively.

EDIT: Hmm, I already have Raita figures. I technically have Mogudan figures in the form of Scrapped Princess, but I should get one of his Comic Unreal cover girls - NSFW http://myfigurecollection.net/item/78943

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
A trio of not-so-random questions for NendoGAF:

- How many Nendos do you have so far?
- Who's your earliest non-Miku Nendo?
- Who's your most prized Nendo?

Hope you don't mind my curiosity. Just trying to know who's who here a bit better.

StayDead

A trio of not-so-random question for NendoGAF:

Hope you don't mind my curiosity. Just trying to know who's who here a bit better.

I have probably over 50 now, I can't count as some are in boxes and it's more than likely over 80 if I count petits.

My earliest nendo was Ritsu, that was my first ever figure.

All of them are my most prized. I love them all!

I only have 5 Nendos right now. 2 more coming like tomorrow from my September order.

My first Nendo was the Makoto Naegi, Monokuma and Monster Hunter Male one that I got all at once.

Uhhhh, dunno. They all are pretty great.

Funny enough, I still haven't bought a Miku Nendo yet.

On the subject of weird faces...
Fy6eiuF.png

Not weird. That's exactly the look a woman gets on her face when you tell her you're going to give her a root canal with your penis.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
I have probably over 50 now, I can't count as some are in boxes and it's more than likely over 80 if I count petits.

My earliest nendo was Ritsu, that was my first ever figure.

All of them are my most prized. I love them all!

Cool! I should answer my own ?s. I started last October when I imported the Blazblue Chronophantasma LE (PS3) which included Rachel Alucard (Puchi). So far I have at least 33, not counting preorders. Raspberyl would be my oldest (2009). Taiga Aisaka w/ the extra smiling face is prolly my favorite.

Einbroch

Banned

24 Nendos.

My very first Nendos were Etna and Flonne.

Favorite is definitely Yoshino.

I started collecting in...March? February?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

I count 62 Nendoroids - not counting preordered ones or Petit Nendoroids.

My first Nendoroid is surprisingly not even human - #4 Mesousa http://myfigurecollection.net/item/1596

Can't really say which is my favorite. They're all so cute!

kewlmyc

-Seven: Sonic, Luigi, Aigis, Teddie, Makoto Naegi, Monokuma, Monomi
-Monokuma, last year
-Luigi. The amount of stuff he came with is great

Ultimadrago

- 4 Nendoroids. Both of Nichijou's (Hakase and Nano) and both of Hidamari Sketch's (Yuno and Miyako).

- Nano from Nichijou. I don't have any Miku nendo/figure.

- Nano is the prize, she's adorable x ∞. So sweet I could eat her right up, bolts and all.

hakasegif93zuu9.gif

Eh. Mogudan and Raita usually draw extreme proportions...

And I am a fan of both their works.

Got 4 Nendos. Miku #300, Hidamari Sketch Yuno and Miyako and Kagami MikkuMiku from Lucky Star
First was Hidamari Sketch Miyako
Hm... Miku #300 I guess

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Thanks, NendoGAF!

No Miku Nendos for me. Almost went for the new Halloween Miku (love the pumpkin face) but I'm trying to stay with the fighting/RPG theme for the time being.

- About 20 Nendos, but also quite a few Nendo Petit/Puchi. More are due over the coming months...!
- I think that would probably be Yozora, from Haganai
- Miku: Sailor Uniform Ver. Special Color. Most prized, and she was actually a prize.. for drawing the final lot at selected FamilyMart stores. It helps that she's adorable, of course:

9fd47206592b8854d6eb1d36ca6eb723.jpg

I'm glad I haven't fallen down the nendo hole.

So I got my shipping confirmation this morning for Starfire, Amazon and Sorceress. Expensive, but I'm pretty excited to get them. :D

chrono01

BIJ received my Red Nendoroid. I says they're "re-packing" it [since I opted for the option], and given how busy they are at the moment, it'll probably be a while before I'm invoiced and it shipped out. Oh well, I can wait!

As for that Selvaria, I do love Raita's artwork, although I'm not entirely sold on the figure just yet. I'll have to wait and see how she look when she's painted.

Haha, just my luck. As I bought the Junko from Mandarake, AmiAmi just restocked with new ones, apparently. Fuck me.

And I wish I had the money to order all the Kotobukiya bishoujo figures as soon as they come up, they go out so fast and the prices on the aftermarket get high as hell.

meijiko

-Not including multiples I've got 29 different nendos, with 7 more on the way.
-Earliest was the original Madoka
-I don't really have a prized one--they're all kinda equal for my collection right now, and my favorites cycle every now and then. But here's a picture of some I have prominently displayed by my desk:

Bombless

-Not including multiples I've got 29 different nendos, with 7 more on the way.
-Earliest was the original Madoka
-I don't really have a prized one--they're all kinda equal for my collection right now, and my favorites cycle every now and then. But here's a picture of some I have prominently displayed by my desk:

That picture is so precious haha! Another great thing about nendos (shared with figmas) is the compatibility between pieces.

Toki767

Heh. Big In Japan actually had to put up a message on their site yesterday saying how backed up they were with orders and their forwarding service. The power of nendroid Red.

NEO0MJ

Guys, please...can we at least try to keep this thread a classy place? And there's wonder why the collector's of other genres of figures might not feel comfortable wading in here these days.

It definitely feels that this thread has lost its previous diversity. And people mentioning hot glue, you'll eventually reach a point beyond satire if you keep posting that :X

Bear with me, but in AmiAmi, the "Remark: For Sale in Japan Only" really means that the figure cannot be shipped internationally? If not, what does it mean?

Bear with me, but in AmiAmi, the "Remark: For Sale in Japan Only" really means that the figure cannot be shipped internationally? If not, what does it mean?

They have it on like everything and I never really heard of a case where they couldn't ship it internationally.

Maybe it's just there for legal reasons.

I'll tell you a secret. If it's something they actually won't ship out of Japan, the item won't even make it onto AmiAmi's English site.

19 Regular Nendos so far and many more on order. Only have 7 petites.

First Nendo was my Mio Nendo from K-On.

Most prized? Hmm tha is not easy. Shimakaze is probably he winner, she is adorable and the first Nendo I wanted.

Guys, please...can we at least try to keep this thread a classy place? And there's wonder why the collector's of other genres of figures might not feel comfortable wading in here these days.
Classy?

This shit needs to stop.
Sir, im going to need you to dial it down a notch. No need to get hostile. :>

-9 nendos and 1 petite (just started)
-Yoko nendo
-Too early to say.

I think it's the overwhelming flood of animu figures that tends to drive people away more than anything else, but any lurkers out there can chime in and feel free to correct me if that's not the case.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Anyone done this?

Picco Neemo body with Nendoroid head.

Neck pin has to be sanded down to fit the Nendoroid head, but the proportions work quite well. One advantage is being able to use all the 1/12 scale doll clothes.

Ken

-About 10
-Think it was Yoko from TTGL.
-Maybe Shizue? Lol

I also have a booster box of the Vocaloid petites but I gave away a set to a friend.

Giolon

I think it's the overwhelming flood of animu figures that tends to drive people away more than anything else, but any lurkers out there can chime in and feel free to correct me if that's not the case.

I can't speak for the lurkers. We all know we've had people come through the thread recently asking about if other figure types or welcome and what prevents them from feeling welcome to post. I can't imagine that all the talk recently about "hot glue" is helpful to welcoming new people and other types of figure collectors into the thread.

I don't want to hang out with people casually talking and joking about jizzing on their figures. Can we not see the difference between saying "that figure looks really nice/great/hot" and "I want to jack off all over it"?

Ken

I can't speak for the lurkers. We all know we've had people come through the thread recently asking about if other figure types or welcome and what prevents them from feeling welcome to post. I can't imagine that all the talk recently about "hot glue" is helpful to welcoming new people and other types of figure collectors into the thread.

I don't want to hang out with people casually talking and joking about jizzing on their figures. Can we not see the difference between saying "that figure looks really nice/great/hot" and "I want to jack off all over it"?

I think that happens in any OT where it's usually the same 20-some people posting regularly, who are all comfortable with each other enough to make those kinds of jokes. Then again hot glue jokes are too lewd even for me; just don't take away my castle breaching talk!

Some people may have gotten a bit carried away as of late with the hot glue jokes, certainly. But that's an easy thing to blame for the lack of new people posting here. I still see the bigger reason (not problem, because it's not something to be corrected) being that most of us have a preference for animu figures, and that's 90% of the discussion that takes place around here. If people don't like anime figures, there's not much reason to stick around. I know for a FACT that that's the reason Cheska doesn't stop by so much anymore - because animu figures aren't really in her wheelhouse. She told me this herself. If you're looking for reasons we don't see a steady influx of new faces, or avatars in this case, then you might try looking beyond a few lewd jokes here and there.

StayDead

The big things with threads, forums, communities and even video games is that people don't react in the right ways with things.

For example in this thread there's a lot of talk about anime figures, that's because the people who post here actively all like them. We make jokes amongst ourselves since we're comfortable with it. Now the thing is there are other people who like other types of figures and I imagine they think they're not welcome as nobody posts about the stuff they like.

Well if they posted about the stuff they like, other people would do the same. It's a similar problem with RTS team games. You'll have 3 people in a 4 person lobby and rather than wait a minute for the extra guy, the third player leaves. Then everyone who comes in then sees 3 people and the cycle goes on.

Another thing is with getting a group of people to play something. The amount of times I hear "I'll play when more people are on" is unreal. If everyone says that, then nobody ends up actually ever joining to play.

If you like other figures get yourself out there, be the one to make the first move! Don't wait for someone else to do it.

Drayco21

I don't own any Nendos (
or any other Japanese made figures, because I need more money before I can justify buying some Gurren Laganns and Figmas
), but the Nendo Neptune almost broke me. I'll break down and buy one one day...

As someone who spends more time lurking in this thread than posting, it's this for me. I don't dislike anime stuff, but it's way out of my comfort zone as far as buying stuff goes, and I don't feel like I have much to contribute to conversations about them unless I already have a big attachment to the series, so I usually just don't post.

- Does Kagami cosplaying as Miku count?
- Snow Miku 2014, what a hassle to get her though. (as noted in this thread)

chrono01

I received my Kurosaki Mea replacement from GSC [since the one I received from AmiAmi had the lower portion of her hair broken]. Thankfully this one arrived without issue. I must say, them shipping out a replacement [and so quickly] is definitely appreciated. Incredible customer service.

On the downside, the Ziska I received from Mandarake wasn't the one I ordered. The website clearly showed the original/purple hair version, but the one they sent me was the blond/white version [one I don't particularly like]. I sent them an email, with a picture included, so here's hoping something comes of it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom