• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
FIGURE-008466.jpg

The hair looks so glorious...

Kew

Neo Member
I think it's the overwhelming flood of animu figures that tends to drive people away more than anything else, but any lurkers out there can chime in and feel free to correct me if that's not the case.
Eh, I'm just one person, but speaking as someone who has been mostly lurking here since the original OT, I suppose it's a bit of both but mostly what you mentioned. My tastes are quite varied and 90% of the figures posted/discussed about on here (animu and tons of T&A figures) are not really what I'm into. That said, this thread has been pretty quality and a good resource regardless and I just accept and respect that most who post here have different tastes. The "less savory" posts as of late don't personally bother me that much but might add to a stereotype and will likely drive some people away who might feel uncomfortable about it and/or who are already in my boat. In the end, though, the board/thread/this specific group of collectors has it's own culture that will continue to prevail. And that's cool. I'll just chill back with others like apricot and enjoy the stuff that does appeal to me and filter out the rest.

Just my 2 cents/perspective; back to lurking. o7

yami4ct

I think it's the overwhelming flood of animu figures that tends to drive people away more than anything else, but any lurkers out there can chime in and feel free to correct me if that's not the case.

Eh, I don't mind the anime figures. I like anime. I just don't allow myself to dive into that genre of figures because I spend enough cash limiting my collecting to Robots/Mech/Toku stuff. T&A stuff isn't for me, but it honestly doesn't bug me either. Thread seems to be friendly enough to whatever tastes people have, so I'll probably be posting more. Only way to change the % of stuff of differing tastes is to chime in with that stuff ourselves.

That chibi pokemon trainer figure a few posts above me is the most adorable thing. If I had the cash I would be on it.

In other figure news, more PG Unicorn pics!

Look at that leg/hip/knee articulation! Oh man, it's glorious. Coming off of the MG, never imagined such a thing was possible.

Meyneth

What's the longest anyone here has had to wait for mandarake to send the payment request email?

I ordered some stuff on the weekend and I know that messes up reply time, but still...
Amiami is dragging their feet too, two orders still need to ship

chrono01

What's the longest anyone here has had to wait for mandarake to send the payment request email?

I ordered some stuff on the weekend and I know that messes up reply time, but still...
I had to wait like...six days before, I believe, before they sent me the payment request. It can take a while depending.

yami4ct

Invoice says 3 business days. I've rarely had them take more than 1 day, but one time they got all the way to the 3 days listed on the invoice. Emailed them and finally got a payment request back.

Meyneth

I had to wait like...six days before, I believe, before they sent me the payment request. It can take a while depending.
Okay, I was considering on just waiting until the end of the week but I wasn't sure if that would be too late and they'd say, "Nope, goodbye forever".

Invoice says 3 business days. I've rarely had them take more than 1 day, but one time they got all the way to the 3 days listed on the invoice. Emailed them and finally got a payment request back.
They've always replied back by day 3. This is the first time I've made it to day 4 and no request. I started to worry that I had done something wrong :/

chrono01

New picture of Wing's Sansei Muramasa.

They seem to have tweaked her face a bit, she definitely looks better. Also, the shading in her hair is a lot more noticeable.

So yeah...

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

raven777

They seem to have tweaked her face a bit, she definitely looks better. Also, the shading in her hair is a lot more noticeable.

So yeah...

she...looks great!! A lot better than her other photos...
I like that the skin color is lighter...

But amiami preorder seems closed.

Azusa

A trio of not-so-random questions for NendoGAF:

- How many Nendos do you have so far?
- Who's your earliest non-Miku Nendo?
- Who's your most prized Nendo?

- 12 nendos
- Kuroneko (my 1st nendo)
- Ikaros from my collection. There are better nendos, but I stopped buying them when I got my 12th nendo.

Bombless

Sideshows Artgerm Batgirl Premuim Format will go on sale today:

If you order early and get the EX version you'll get a second head with curly hair (would have liked a second head with mask off, with extra hand holding her mask)

Great avatar, sir.

Batgirl...she's great but the second head is really, REALLY pointless.

Ken...we are in agreement.

raven777

Hope you don't mind my curiosity. Just trying to know who's who here a bit better.

-none. Both are miku
-snow miku 2013

I don't own any Nendos (
or any other Japanese made figures, because I need more money before I can justify buying some Gurren Laganns and Figmas
), but the Nendo Neptune almost broke me. I'll break down and buy one one day...

As someone who spends more time lurking in this thread than posting, it's this for me. I don't dislike anime stuff, but it's way out of my comfort zone as far as buying stuff goes, and I don't feel like I have much to contribute to conversations about them unless I already have a big attachment to the series, so I usually just don't post.

Umm how have I never seen the Neptune Nendo...omg I need it.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Great avatar, sir.

Batgirl...she's great but the second head is really, REALLY pointless.

Thanks, those two lady's sold me on Himeji Castle more then just the Castle-girl, they make the scale work...

With Batgirl it just means I don't need to rush to get the EX and can order it a bit cheaper locally, I just hope she doesn't conflict with any of the Court of the Dead figures or she's getting passed on like the Poison Ivy repaint...

Since nendo's are the topic of the day again:

I have 0 nendo's.

Sorta liked this one:
But not enough to actually buy it.

My wife wanted this one:
But she balked at the scale/price, (which is funny 'cause she's nearly pushing me into buying the Han and Chewie Hot Toys figures) and lost interest when the rest of the games didn't come out.

I'm starting to like Saber, I still haven't watched the anime nor played the game, but her design is starting to grow on me. That bride design is nice, but it has too many zippers. Who did that design, a Final Fantasy director? smh.

Sweet Ivy

Hi FigureGAF, would you help me make my first purchase?
I do have quite a few action figures, but they're all from games CEs. Last week I run into a figures review blog and fell in love with the Hatsune Miku append version. A couple of local shops have it for around a 100$, but I found it on Amazon for 70$.
I was hitting the purchase button yesterday when I read the OP here and now I'm afraid of it being a bootleg.

I checked myfigurecollection and it says 0 pictures of bootleg, shall I assume it means there's no bootlegs around: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/33486 ?

Around the net her price varies:
http://www.kidnemo.fm/product/en/1151/VOCALOID+Hatsune+Miku+-Append-+1+8+PVC+Figure.html
http://www.toylet.net/041369.html
http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4309

And this is the Amazon I was going for (was 68 yesterday, is 88 today, from the same seller...): http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00553VBW8/

How do I make sure is not a counterfeit? I could use saving some coin, but I hate piracy and bootlegs so avoiding those would be worth the extra money for me!

Sweet Ivy

I personally can't speak for Amazon, but I'd be really wary if they're selling it for cheaper than normal. Just so you know, you're looking at the garage kit listing. The PVC one is this one: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/61389 Says there are bootlegs D:
Thanks for the tip, hadn't realized I was looking at the wrong listing!
Well, Amazon is a lot of different shops actually, Amazon itself is probably quite reliable. But everything point to one listing so one doesn't actually see the pictures of what's going to be shipped by the very seller/shop!

That said, how do I establish its "fair" price? Being a noob at this thing...

Thanks for the tip, hadn't realized I was looking at the wrong listing!
Well, Amazon is a lot of different shops actually, Amazon itself is probably quite reliable. But everything point to one listing so one doesn't actually see the pictures of what's going to be shipped by the very seller/shop!

If you go Amazon I would make sure you go with someone who is fulfilled by Amazon (eligible for free shipping/prime). I would not just buy it from random third party sellers, to risky.

omlet

Arg, amiami wants 11k for A/B Millhoire... that's kind of a lot... but it's so cute, I want it... and think of the nendos I can avoid buying if I spend money on this instead! Rin Shibuya also is already sold out, dangit, I would have grabbed that for 5k.

Also, preorders just closed for Alter's Sora Kasugano Chinese Dress version (at amiami, anyway). Here's hoping I didn't make a mistake by not preordering.

It's time for another Amiami preview and this time it's a boatgirl!
Funnyknights' Amatsukaze!

Damnit, Meshi! I'm really trying to not get into shipgirls and you're not making it easy with this post. Flattest deck best deck. I really wish a prototype from whoever else it was that was going to make one was out so I could compare, because this one is really looking pretty great (despite the wooden base).

Unless the seller on somewhere like amazon marketplace or ebay is swearing up and down it's not a bootleg, be careful if there are known bootlegs, especially if price is looking too good to be true. As for fair price, look at MFC for MSRP then go from there. Longer term, keep an eye out for the figure on somewhere like Amiami's preowned section and see what they ask for it (not always the cheapest asking price but usually they do their research and price pretty in line with overall pricing from other sellers). Also note that some people on MFC are selling this figure and while MFC is not an official mediating marketplace (so no solid buyer protection like from an Amazon fulfilled seller), you are more likely to get a straight answer with supporting pics about the figure's authenticity (and place of original purchase) there than from a non-NA Amazon marketplace storefront, so you may want to try that route.

Arkadios

I eagerly anticipate the day we get Native-style male figures in incredibly lewd poses with lovely bulges or cast-off pants.

We're obviously not there yet. But I want it so bad.

Some years back I would never thought of animes like Free! even existing, but I feel like the manservice oriented shows and merch is gradually increasing, even if by baby-steps. I really don't mind, I find super funny to see women drooling all over the characters.

Meyneth

Some years back I would never thought of animes like Free! even existing, but I feel like the manservice oriented shows and merch is gradually increasing, even if by baby-steps. I really don't mind, I find super funny to see women drooling all over the characters.
I don't know when it happened but otome games are super popular apparently. It's really interesting seeing the differences that otome games have compared to 'regular' dating SIM games.

I'm not complaining. I actually learned some history when playing Hakuouki. And apparently Bakumatsu Rock is also a loose reinterpretation of history too. So weird...

Einbroch

Banned
My friend that I talked about earlier liked my Junko purchase a lot, fuckyeah. I've just came back to this hobby and it already helped me out with girls. I guess that's one more reason for me to keep buying them.

I think people lump figures and naked girls together. Also I can think of a ton of things that are worse to collect:

1) Anything expensive (cars, boats, electronics)
2) Anything dangerous (guns, knives)
3) Anything offensive (Nazi paraphernalia, murder scene paraphernalia)
4) Anything unclean (animals)

But let's make figures the worst, neh?
I collect swords knives and figures and am starting a small gun collection soon!

I'm going to be an amazingly horrible person in every way!

EDIT: Oh, and im getting a dog

george_us

So yeah...

Yeah definitely glad I preordered. She looks pretty great here.

Arclaid

Hope you don't mind my curiosity. Just trying to know who's who here a bit better.
- 23 (with an additional 3 on order)
- TTGL Yoko
- Probably Tachikoma or Isabelle

It's time for another Amiami preview and this time it's a boatgirl!
Funnyknights' Amatsukaze!
Thanks to you guys, all I notice now is the wooden base and how it clashes with the brown on her shoes/stockings.

johnsmith

remember me
Hi FigureGAF, would you help me make my first purchase?
I do have quite a few action figures, but they're all from games CEs. Last week I run into a figures review blog and fell in love with the Hatsune Miku append version. A couple of local shops have it for around a 100$, but I found it on Amazon for 70$.
I was hitting the purchase button yesterday when I read the OP here and now I'm afraid of it being a bootleg.

I checked myfigurecollection and it says 0 pictures of bootleg, shall I assume it means there's no bootlegs around: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/33486 ?

Around the net her price varies:
http://www.kidnemo.fm/product/en/1151/VOCALOID+Hatsune+Miku+-Append-+1+8+PVC+Figure.html
http://www.toylet.net/041369.html
http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4309

And this is the Amazon I was going for (was 68 yesterday, is 88 today, from the same seller...): http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00553VBW8/

How do I make sure is not a counterfeit? I could use saving some coin, but I hate piracy and bootlegs so avoiding those would be worth the extra money for me!

Keep checking on amiami and mandarake until a preowned one pops up. It'll be cheaper and you'll know its legit. The last ones to pop up their were selling for 5k yen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom