• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

I received my Kurosaki Mea replacement from GSC [since the one I received from AmiAmi had the lower portion of her hair broken]. Thankfully this one arrived without issue. I must say, them shipping out a replacement [and so quickly] is definitely appreciated. Incredible customer service.

On the downside, the Ziska I received from Mandarake wasn't the one I ordered. The website clearly showed the original/purple hair version, but the one they sent me was the blond/white version [one I don't particularly like]. I sent them an email, with a picture included, so here's hoping something comes of it. :/

Is this a widespread problem? Mines still boxed and wondering if I should check it.

I can't speak for the lurkers. We all know we've had people come through the thread recently asking about if other figure types or welcome and what prevents them from feeling welcome to post. I can't imagine that all the talk recently about "hot glue" is helpful to welcoming new people and other types of figure collectors into the thread.

I don't want to hang out with people casually talking and joking about jizzing on their figures. Can we not see the difference between saying "that figure looks really nice/great/hot" and "I want to jack off all over it"?

Lol its not that. Its not that at all. Actually, seeing people joke around like that is what got me to start posting in here a few months ago. Shows people are laid back and not uptight (imo). Can jokes get out of hand? They sure can but no need to get all bent out of shape about it (as long as you an't linking gifs and videos about it! lol).

As someone who spends more time lurking in this thread than posting, it's this for me. I don't dislike anime stuff, but it's way out of my comfort zone as far as buying stuff goes, and I don't feel like I have much to contribute to conversations about them unless I already have a big attachment to the series, so I usually just don't post.
Bingo.

I kinda chuckled when you guys wanted people to act classy yet I see ending anime lewd (you may not think they are lewd but others do) figures posted. All anyone should ask is to not get out of control on lewd jokes and such.

As someone who spends more time lurking in this thread than posting, it's this for me. I don't dislike anime stuff, but it's way out of my comfort zone as far as buying stuff goes, and I don't feel like I have much to contribute to conversations about them unless I already have a big attachment to the series, so I usually just don't post.

That's what I thought was generally the case. But as StayDead mentioned, post anyway. Chances are you're not the only one with those interests.

chrono01

Is this a widespread problem? Mines still boxed and wondering if I should check it.
A few people reported it, so it might be worth checking into just in-case.

You should be able to see it from looking in, though. There's no need to actually open the box and examine it. I could tell right away that it was broken in half [just above the blue notch/ribbon in her hair].

StayDead

A few people reported it, so it might be worth checking into just in-case.

You should be able to see it from looking in, though. There's no need to actually open the box and examine it. I could tell right away that it was broken in half [just above the blue notch/ribbon in her hair].

I can't see anything wrong from peering through so I guess it's fine?

What part of the hair is it? :s

chrono01

I can't see anything wrong from peering through so I guess it's fine?

What part of the hair is it? :s
It's the lower part that goes between her legs, more specifically, the part behind her just as it exits. Just look for the blue ball/joint from one of the side windows, and if the hair is connected there, you should be fine.

I have no idea who this is, but OnePieceGAF might be interested:
02-noscale.jpg

apricot

One of the main reasons I continue to post here (infrequently) is to show solidarity with the few figure fans who aren't into T&A ;)

aoba-nendo-naked.jpg

Meyneth

Anyone done this?

Picco Neemo body with Nendoroid head.

Neck pin has to be sanded down to fit the Nendoroid head, but the proportions work quite well. One advantage is being able to use all the 1/12 scale doll clothes.
I never even considered doing this. I'll try it out and see how much effort it takes

meijiko

When they make a male figure with a luscious glistening butt, let me know

I eagerly anticipate the day we get Native-style male figures in incredibly lewd poses with lovely bulges or cast-off pants.

We're obviously not there yet. But I want it so bad.

I think it's the overwhelming flood of animu figures that tends to drive people away more than anything else, but any lurkers out there can chime in and feel free to correct me if that's not the case.

Extreme Lurker here.
I browse this topic all the time and rarely post. It's getting pretty routinely now for a few months.
It's not the case. It's not being very knowledgeable about some of the extremes of the hobby coupled with not having the money to sustain the things that are posted in here.

I have a bunch of figures but they aren't the most expensive ones out there and I didn't pay much when I bought them. My dresser right now is full of figures, some from childhood and some recent. My favorites are my Resident Evil 2 full set, Jurassic Park T-Rex, Alien and Predator statues, 20 in talking Army of Darkness Ash, I've got some cheap knock off Final Fantasy Dissidia figures (They where like 40 bucks for a set of 5 and while the quality wasn't as high I feel the price was fine).

The only figures I ever bought online and from any of the sites in this topic where the set of Chrono Trigger figures, a revotech DMC3 Dante and just recently the Kirby army. I would really like to get more but figures aren't super high on my priority list when it comes to extra cash.

What I really want is a nice high quality figure like the ones you guys post all the time. I was so so close into getting either Elf or the Sorceress from Dragons Crown. I kinda regret missing on Elf. That's one thing I dislike about this hobby. If you don't get in right away figures become rarer and extremely pricey.

Figures I want the most right now: A Valkaryia Chronicles figure like Selvaria or Alicia, I'm always checking sites for that original series Selvaria and Alicia but the prices are ridoculous. The Selvaria tease a couple pages ago has really piqued my interests.

And a good Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth figure would be heavenly. Man I thought these guys would have a good figure by now. I have the small 4in AA line but they suck. I know there was a okay figure of Wright and Edgeworth as pre-order bonus's in Japan but those figures go for like 200 bucks on ebay. Jesus. Sometimes I feel males get the slight in the figure department.

Giolon

Figures I want the most right now: A Valkaryia Chronicles figure like Selvaria or Alicia, I'm always checking sites for that original series Selvaria and Alicia but the prices are ridoculous. The Selvaria tease a couple pages ago has really piqued my interests.

Swimsuit Selvaria has come down in price about 30% recently. You can find her for 6-7K used these days. I'm still waiting for a great Alicia figure. The Kotobukiya one was ok, but being based on her simplified anime design rather than the in-game design makes it a bit lacking IMO. That Volks won't do PVCs of their garage-kits borders on criminal. T.T

One of the main reasons I continue to post here (infrequently) is to show solidarity with the few figure fans who aren't into T&A ;)

Please keep doing so!

And I think some are misconstruing my objections. I wasn't trying to say those jokes are the primary reason for new people not wanting to post in the thread, but I can't help but think it's a contributing factor. It seems particularly gross to me, and the frequency of them has been pretty high in the last couple weeks. It seems I'm alone in this.

I'm not a mod, so I have no actual say over what kind of content and comments gets posted in here, but if you see me around the thread less you know why.

I guess to bring some equal opportunity fanservice, here's the Kuroko Alternate Outfit figure I ordered who knows when and finally got around to opening.

I still have two Nendos I haven't actually opened yet >_>

Swimsuit Selvaria has come down in price about 30% recently. You can find her for 6-7K used these days. I'm still waiting for a great Alicia figure. The Kotobukiya one was ok, but being based on her simplified anime design rather than the in-game design makes it a bit lacking IMO.

I really can't stand the swim suit desgins but yea they have gone down in price, I just wish the regular ones would.

They only seem to be going up. Alter's version was around 14k last I saw, which is about 2k more than I paid.
Yea, I'm definitely getting on eventually but it's bot being easy. I'll suggest the same thing that was suggested to me, set up a figinstock notification for it. I saw her for 160 through that and almost bought but I hadn't finished moving yet. Next time I see that price I'm grabbing it

Bombless

Enough dick and other, more slimy, jokes, back to one of the main topics : shipgirls!

FIGURE-007784.jpg

Penguin Parade's Mutsu went up yesterday.

...What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

And I don't know really. He doesn't have a problem with most of my fujoshi stuff, so I guess as long as I kept it out of sight most of the time, I'd be alright.

Until one day when he opens a cupboard and there's some anime dude's package staring him in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom