• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame, no Quiet figures yet. Although if they are going to be made by SE then I'll probably pass, I looked at some that they made and they looked...strange.

I would also instabuy an Ocelot on a white horse one.

ughhhhhhh, why is it the one time I don't want USPS to deliver a package early, they are going ahead with doing so

Seems to be my luck as well. UPS is really bad with me, always have it delivered to my work and they always deliver around 11 am. Unless I have something out for delivery...then who knows when it will show.

omlet

Seems to be my luck as well. UPS is really bad with me, always have it delivered to my work and they always deliver around 11 am. Unless I have something out for delivery...then who knows when it will show.

I found out not too long ago that we can get written up and fired at my job for having anything delivered to us at work that wasn't purchased for work. Sucks, but at least I found out before I got in trouble (not that I was having lots of stuff delivered to office, only about 5 things in last 4 years).

I found out not too long ago that we can get written up and fired at my job for having anything delivered to us at work that wasn't purchased for work. Sucks, but at least I found out before I got in trouble (not that I was having lots of stuff delivered to office, only about 5 things in last 4 years).

Wow that is crazy. I work for a small business so they don't care at all luckily.

yami4ct

For those of you who order GunPla from HLJ, preorders for the December kits are now live. PG Unicorn+LED set comes out around $235 pre-shipping with discount. Also grabbed a RG Wing Zero Custom while I was at it. Cannot wait for December.

AmiAmi orders are also live but they are only taking 20% off the PG Set (Same as HLJ, no their usual higher discount) and their base price is higher. I'm assuming the base prices they go off of are the tax included prices.

For those of you who order GunPla from HLJ, preorders for the December kits are now live. PG Unicorn+LED set comes out around $235 pre-shipping with discount. Also grabbed a RG Wing Zero Custom while I was at it. Cannot wait for December.

Link? One day I want to buy one of those crazy kits.

Luckily my work isn't as strict as that, but I don't want to send any of my figure packages to work since I don't want to have to take the 40 minutes bus ride carrying a large box from work to home. :E

I don't buy Gunpla, but I assume these are the kits for the new Gundam Build series? When does the animu start?

yami4ct

Link? One day I want to buy one of those crazy kits.

HLJ Unicorn: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN994365
LED: http://hlj.com/product/BAN994366/Gun

AmiAmi: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-GDM-2712&page=top
LED: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-GDM-2713&page=top

I don't buy Gunpla, but I assume these are the kits for the new Gundam Build series? When does the animu start?

Neither of these kits are for GBF, actually. One of them is based on the Gundam Unicorn OVA series that just ended this year. They're making one of their crazy, top of the line huge kits for the main suit of that. The other is just plain old Wing Zero Custom from Endless Waltz. They're adding him to their really nice RG 1/144 model series.

As for your question, Build Fighters Try should start streaming on October 7th.

Just saw that AmiAmi lists a part separator as one of the inclusions with the Unicorn LED kit. Very excited for it. Bandai's separators have never been amazing, but they also are never really something you can buy either. They're always strange promo items. They're certainly better than my separation method of tip of my Xacto Knife. Will be nice to have.

AmiAmi orders are also live but they are only taking 20% off the PG Set (Same as HLJ, no their usual higher discount) and their base price is higher. I'm assuming the base prices they go off of are the tax included prices.

Is HLJ the place to order day one GunPla? I usually just pick it up at cons or local shops but that Unicorn is so tempting.

yami4ct

Is HLJ the place to order day one GunPla? I usually just pick it up at cons or local shops but that Unicorn is so tempting.

In my experience, they're one of the best GunPla shops that ships from Japan. I usually grab all my stuff there. HLJ occasionally has issues where they oversell pre-orders, but I've never had that trouble or heard anyone having that trouble with GunPla. Bandai makes so many of these kits that it usually takes forever to even sell through their first shipment.

In my experience, they're one of the best GunPla shops that ships from Japan. I usually grab all my stuff there. HLJ occasionally has issues where they oversell pre-orders, but I've never had that trouble or heard anyone having that trouble with GunPla. Bandai makes so many of these kits that it usually takes forever to even sell through their first shipment.

Thanks, ordered the Unicorn and LED set.

yami4ct

Thanks, ordered the Unicorn and LED set.

Oh, and since it's your first time ordering from HLJ, don't worry if you don't get an order confirmation for a bit. That's a strange thing with their system. It's really inconsistent with how quickly it gets those out. It'll also take a while to get added to your account as well.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
This is a pretty great idea for a dakimakura cover (Gackt) -

By6D4GdCEAAEuUh.jpg:large

Zip up for modesty; zip down for fun times.

Now I want something similar but with a girl.

chrono01

Ah, ok. I'm guessing the receive payment e-mail was probably more automated than anything and they're still back up from even mailing items out.
Yeah, you should receive two emails once it actually ships out, one informing you that it's been sent and another with the tracking number [if you have one].

Einbroch

Banned
November seems naked. It's like,

9k October
2k November
9k December
17k January

...Wait. Nevermind. That January. I don't need an expensive November.

Ah, ok. I'm guessing the receive payment e-mail was probably more automated than anything and they're still back up from even mailing items out.

Last time I ordered an in-stock item from them, it took a few days between the payment receipt email and the shipping notification. AmiAmi usually does that shit within 24 hours.

Ken

Don't think I'll get the Unicorn's LED set. I honestly prefer displaying the Unicorn Mode over Destroy Mode anyways.

yami4ct

Don't think I'll get the Unicorn's LED set. I honestly prefer displaying the Unicorn Mode over Destroy Mode anyways.

I'm considering leaving him in Unicorn mode and use the LEDs to give him a pre-transformation look where the light is leaking out of the seams. That could end up being super badass.

November seems naked. It's like,

9k October
2k November
9k December
17k January

...Wait. Nevermind. That January. I don't need an expensive November.

I've got

$20 USD Oct
12k November
42k December
Nothing until
14k March.

Really going to appreciate that Jan/February break. Honestly, not even sure if I'll recover enough by March to keep that 14k Star Saber preorder, but it should be alright.

yami4ct

42k December?

I'm afraid to ask what you're getting.

PG Unicorn Gundam+LED Kit+RG Wing Zero is 27.4k
Masterpiece Ultra Magnus is 14.4k

God dang why do both PG Unicorn and Ultra Magnus have to hit the same month? Glad I'm selling off shit to pay for it.

And that's pre-shipping, so I fully expect to tack on a good 8k onto that bill at the very least.

Sweet Ivy

Unless the seller on somewhere like amazon marketplace or ebay is swearing up and down it's not a bootleg, be careful if there are known bootlegs, especially if price is looking too good to be true. As for fair price, look at MFC for MSRP then go from there. Longer term, keep an eye out for the figure on somewhere like Amiami's preowned section and see what they ask for it (not always the cheapest asking price but usually they do their research and price pretty in line with overall pricing from other sellers). Also note that some people on MFC are selling this figure and while MFC is not an official mediating marketplace (so no solid buyer protection like from an Amazon fulfilled seller), you are more likely to get a straight answer with supporting pics about the figure's authenticity (and place of original purchase) there than from a non-NA Amazon marketplace storefront, so you may want to try that route.
Ok, got it.
Well MFC puts it at around 70$, which would be on par with the Amazon offerings, however most online stores linked seems to have her for around 100$ (+taxes in my case).

Keep checking on amiami and mandarake until a preowned one pops up. It'll be cheaper and you'll know its legit. The last ones to pop up their were selling for 5k yen.
This is kind of a gift for my bf, so I prefer going with something new and while I'm not in a super-rush I'll need it for mid next month.

I noticed most of the shops on Amazon have great feedback and ship from Japan, which makes me wonder about import taxes etc.
I don't know about this.
Maybe paying 80$ for an import isn't worth it, compared to paying 100$ down the street.

42k December?

I'm afraid to ask what you're getting.

I think I'm around there, too.

Kotobukiya Sinon
Jubilee bishoujo
Aoba Reissue
Hana (Prison School)
Nanami [Delay]

I imagine Psychic could possibly be a December release as well, as I don't see her making her November release. But she may well get knocked into 2015. I also may cancel Aoba.

chrono01

My October order from AmiAmi is sitting at just under 90,000 yen [before shipping].

That's assuming nothing is delayed. This is definitely the worst month I've ever had.

yami4ct

My October order from AmiAmi is sitting at just under 90,000 yen [before shipping].

That's assuming nothing is delayed. This is definitely the worst month I've ever had.

Thank you for making me feel not insane for spending $400+ in one month. You've done me a great service.

Man, I have GG Xrd and Nanami already for December. Not sure if I can fit PG Unicorn in that month. @_@

GG Xrd. Ah video games. How I will miss you. The only game I'll probably be able to afford to pick up the rest of the year is Pokemon OR/AS. Really want to grab Persona Q, but thinking that's definitely going to have to wait. Will try to get some other big releases on holiday sales, but definitely had to cut all that stuff off to pay for my dumb toy purchases.

chrono01

You may have a self-control issue.
Oh, I know I do.

I'm getting better, though. All of these were pre-orders I made several months ago, and [unfortunately] were all delayed into a single month [October]. My new pre-orders have slowed down considerably, so if I can get through this, I should be able to get things back on track.

Jesus fucking christ, what did you order?
Too much. -_-

- Super Sonico Cheerleader ver

- The Muse of Range Murata

- Super Sonico Tiger Parka Ver.

- Nendoroid - SoniAni: Super Sonico Working Set

- Nendoroid - Kill la Kill: Satsuki Kiryuin

- Full Metal Daemon: Muramasa - Muramasa Sansei

- Namaniku ATK Illustrations Namaniku Teishoku

- Nendoroid - The Legend of Zelda The Wind Walker HD: Link The Wind Waker Ver.

- Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo - Asuka Langley Shikinami Jersey Ver.

- Nendoroid - Cardcaptor Sakura: Sakura Kinomoto

- [AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus][Bonus] X-EROS COVER GIRL

- Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Kongo Half-damage ver.

Ken

Thank you for making me feel not insane for spending $400+ in one month. You've done me a great service.

GG Xrd. Ah video games. How I will miss you. The only game I'll probably be able to afford to pick up the rest of the year is Pokemon OR/AS. Really want to grab Persona Q, but thinking that's definitely going to have to wait. Will try to get some other big releases on holiday sales, but definitely had to cut all that stuff off to pay for my dumb toy purchases.

Oof, if I could only focus on collectible hobby I'd definitely pick up PG Unicorn then, but I need mah video gamesss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom