• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Oh, I know I do.

I'm getting better, though. All of these were pre-orders I made several months ago, and [unfortunately] were all delayed into a single month [October]. My new pre-orders have slowed down considerably, so if I can get through this, I should be able to get things back on track.

Too much. -_-

- Super Sonico Cheerleader ver

- The Muse of Range Murata

- Super Sonico Tiger Parka Ver.

- Nendoroid - SoniAni: Super Sonico Working Set

- Nendoroid - Kill la Kill: Satsuki Kiryuin

- Full Metal Daemon: Muramasa - Muramasa Sansei

- Namaniku ATK Illustrations Namaniku Teishoku

- Nendoroid - The Legend of Zelda The Wind Walker HD: Link The Wind Waker Ver.

- Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo - Asuka Langley Shikinami Jersey Ver.

- Nendoroid - Cardcaptor Sakura: Sakura Kinomoto

- [AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus][Bonus] X-EROS COVER GIRL

- Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Kongo Half-damage ver.

This is the reason I don't buy any anime toys. If I started buying stuff outside of my current Robot/Toku limit, I'd become this way too quickly.

Oof, if I could only focus on collectible hobby I'd definitely pick up PG Unicorn then, but I need mah video gamesss.

I'm lucky this year has been sort of shit on games. It's been really hard not to grab Shadow of Mordor, Assassins Creed Unity and a few other games I really want, but once I cut myself off I started feeling OK just playing through all the stuff I bought and never finished. The real casualty of this year was the Xbox One. That was going to be my Christmas gift to myself, but then PG Unicorn and MP Star Saber happened.

kewlmyc

Too much. -_-

- Super Sonico Cheerleader ver

- The Muse of Range Murata

- Super Sonico Tiger Parka Ver.

- Nendoroid - SoniAni: Super Sonico Working Set

- Nendoroid - Kill la Kill: Satsuki Kiryuin

- Full Metal Daemon: Muramasa - Muramasa Sansei

- Namaniku ATK Illustrations Namaniku Teishoku

- Nendoroid - The Legend of Zelda The Wind Walker HD: Link The Wind Waker Ver.

- Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo - Asuka Langley Shikinami Jersey Ver.

- Nendoroid - Cardcaptor Sakura: Sakura Kinomoto

- [AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus][Bonus] X-EROS COVER GIRL

- Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Kongo Half-damage ver.

26YwieN.gif

Ultimadrago

My October order from AmiAmi is sitting at just under 90,000 yen [before shipping].

That's assuming nothing is delayed. This is definitely the worst month I've ever had.

Oh, I know I do.

I'm getting better, though. All of these were pre-orders I made several months ago, and [unfortunately] were all delayed into a single month [October]. My new pre-orders have slowed down considerably, so if I can get through this, I should be able to get things back on track....

Too much. -_-

chrono01, King Crazy of FigureGAF.

chrono01

This is the reason I don't buy any anime toys. If I started buying stuff outside of my current Robot/Toku limit, I'd become this way too quickly.
You are very wise indeed.

Thanks, I deserve that.

Chrono have you ever posted pictures of your collection?

I'm super interested.
I've posted a slight glimpse of my "wall of boxes" before, but nothing in-detail. The reason being that I'm still in the process of getting all of them [or at least, as much as I can] properly displayed [in glass cabinet(s)], so most of them remain in their boxed state. I will, however, take plenty of pictures once I have everything organized.

CJ7sOfM.png

I guess since we're sharing, lol

I also have the Haikyuu nendo from GSC and dunno what else.

One of the October ones is Kirigiri, I'm guessing AmiAmi knows she's gonna get delayed again

omlet

Right now for me figures-wise it's looking like:

October - Nothing
November - Nothing
December - Akuma Homura ($200)

In terms of other fun stuff, I'm looking forward to Persona Q and Etrian Odyssey 2 remake but I'm not in a rush to buy them since I still have some backlog. Already bought all the blurays I wanted this year (like Shin Sekai Yori and Kiniro Mosaic).

yami4ct

You are very wise indeed.

I've posted a slight glimpse of my "wall of boxes" before, but nothing in-detail. The reason being that I'm still in the process of getting all of them [or at least, as much as I can] properly displayed [in glass cabinet(s)], so most of them remain in their boxed state. I will, however, take plenty of pictures once I have everything organized.

Even with that limit, my toy bills have definitely gotten out of control. Once the Transformers MP line really kicked into gear, I had to get my act to gather again. Before I culled out 90% of my US Transformers preorders out, let's just say that October bill probably would have had an extra zero on it. The December bill is an anomaly.
I'm telling myself
. Having to cull stuff out of my collection to even make that happen.

Cannot wait to see those picture when you get your collection ready. Sounds like you have some awesome stuff. I really need to clean up mine and take pictures again. I don't think I've taken collection pics since I expanded beyond collecting just Transformers.

kewlmyc

Hmm...going for Koto Mikasa over GSC? That log is just weird to me.

I think the log/tree branch looks better than random piece of rooftop. Plus it's cheaper and matches with the Koto Eren I already own (which is great) and the Koto Levi I have on pre-order. Plus I've become a bit of a Kotobukiya fanboy as of late. Everything I've bought from them lately has been decently priced and of great quality.

Ultimadrago

Right now for me figures-wise it's looking like:

October - Nothing
November - Nothing
December - Akuma Homura ($200)

In terms of other fun stuff, I'm looking forward to Persona Q and Etrian Odyssey 2 remake but I'm not in a rush to buy them since I still have some backlog. Already bought all the blurays I wanted this year (like Shin Sekai Yori and Kiniro Mosaic).

High five for [relatively] reserved spending~

Nothing pre-ordered for next year yet?

Toki767

I think the log/tree branch looks better than random piece of rooftop. Plus it's cheaper and matches with the Koto Eren I already own (which is great) and the Koto Levi I have on pre-order. Plus I've become a bit of a Kotobukiya fanboy as of late. Everything I've bought from them lately has been decently priced and of great quality.

Makes sense. I'm just not a fan of the pose they chose for Mikasa. I think GSC's pose looks cooler. Definitely not a fan of their pricing though.

omlet

High five for [relatively] reserved spending~

Nothing pre-ordered for next year yet?

Nope, Homura is the only preorder. I've snagged a few expensive things this summer (Houmei, Olivia) but I've been funneling most of my spending into paying off the mortgage.

I still kinda want the Ciel that GSC is doing supposedly in December but that thing is like as expensive as Homura so I couldn't pull the trigger on preordering. If it goes below $120 after release I will probably snag it because I really like how it looks, but I don't need it badly enough to preorder for like 14k (edit: it's good but not Homura-good, plus while I like the look, it's a source material I am not familiar with so there is no additional passion from that side). On a similar note I also still might preorder the Chinese dress + chair Sora but didn't pull the trigger on that yet, either.

Plus I've become a bit of a Kotobukiya fanboy as of late. Everything I've bought from them lately has been decently priced and of great quality.

Good man. You've seen the light. Kotobukiya has been getting really good. And they seem to be much more invested in the US market than most other figure makers.

StayDead

People with these big orders, can I have some money please? :(

C9dFIo7.png

+ New 3DS

I'm thinking I'm going to put all those october orders together, but I've always been worried about being stung by customs on a bigger order. Anyone know how bad it is in the UK for big orders?

yami4ct

I'm okay with it too, as I've already paid for her so in my mind she's freeeeeeeeee.

The problem of having extra money sitting in my paypal account. "Oh look, I have $200, I can grab this one other thing!"..... 2 months later when I actually need it. "Oh no, I have no money anymore".

Einbroch

Banned
The problem of having extra money sitting in my paypal account. "Oh look, I have $200, I can grab this one other thing!"..... 2 months later when I actually need it. "Oh no, I have no money anymore".

Shiro >>>>> all, so in this case it doesn't matter.

Hail the Queen.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
What I'm expecting to get from AmiAmi this month:

- Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Shimakaze Tsumujikaze no Shoujo Vol.1 Limited Edition w/Nendoroid Petite

- Nendoroid - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Oi

- Nendoroid - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Kitakami

- Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Shimakaze 1/8 Complete Figure

- Genkai Tokki Moero Chronicle Official Art Book

- Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Shimakaze Chuuha Ver. 1/8 Complete Figure

- Dangan Ronpa The Animation - Kyoko Kirigiri 1/8 Complete Figure

- The Witch and the Hundred Knights - Swamp Witch Metallica 1/8 Complete Figure

- HORROR BISHOUJO - Freddy vs. Jason: Jason Vorhees 1/7 Complete Figure

Not going to be cheap but I wouldn't be surprised if there are multiple delays again. GSC is falling behind big-time this year (eg., Metallica was originally an April release).

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'm thinking I'm going to put all those october orders together, but I've always been worried about being stung by customs on a bigger order. Anyone know how bad it is in the UK for big orders?

You pay 20% of the total price of your order including shipping cost in customs fees, and another £9.50-£12 for handling depending on the courier delivering the package.

The rest of my year is easy:

Oct: Dragon's Crown Tiki
Nov: Guyver Figma + Queen of the Dead PF
Dec: Saotome Maria

September however was worse:

3 scaled Japanese figures (Amazon/Rita/Sorceress)
2 1/6 scaled Chinese figures (Terminator/Spider-man)
1 1/4 scale American statue (Hellboy PF)
1 1/6 pre-order that had to be paid in full (Ned Stark)
and a partridge and a pear tree

Sadly have to pass on the Batgirl PF as she's gonna conflict with the Court of the Dead Death's Siren piece.

Spider-man should be here tomorrow...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Figure preorders:

November
Nendoroid - Love Live: Yazawa Nico
Nendoroid - Non Non Biyori: Renge Miyauchi
Nendoroid - Rozen Maiden: Suigintou
Medicchu - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Aircraft Carrier Wo-class

December
S.H.Figuarts - Luigi
S.H.Figuarts - Super Mario Asoberu! Play Set C
Minicchu THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 03 9Pack BOX
Nendoroid More - Girls und Panzer: Panzer IV Ausf.D

January
Nendoroid - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Amatsukaze

March
Figma - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Amatsukaze

April
Medicchu - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Shimakaze

Not too bad so far. I should be on the lookout for a nice scale figure to counter all the chibi figures.

EDIT: I guess I also have some Amiibo's coming in somewhere in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom