• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Thread needs more non-anime photos. Looking at my december order got me thinking about this guy.

FIGURE-007101.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...rds=kiwami+arms$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Bandai hasn't released photos since the first official set a couple months back. It's driving me nuts, because I want to see more of that paint job. Typical Figuarts release schedule, though.

Also, saw preorders for this bad boy went up.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-008471&page=top

Man, if I had the cash I'd be so into this series. So dumb is just the right way.

yami4ct

This is so stupid.

I love it.

There's a megatron, too!

Transforms into a Mega Drive. Not up for order yet AFAIK. So good.

Gaim stuff is like, always out of stock when I check on AmiAmi. I want one of the Orange dude.

That's definitely the problem. I was lucky I was able to get in a pre-order for my Kachidoki and Kiwami. Otherwise, I wouldn't got one. Had to hunt down Orange Arms off of Mandarake.

yami4ct

This is even better. And by better I mean worse. And by worse I mean better.

Takara-Tomy has been really doubling down on the strange transformers lately. Here's a G1 Optimus that transforms into what appears to be a really uncomfortable pen

I don't know who asked for this. I don't know who's buying it. I'm just glad that TT is continuing to be insane.

george_us

Holy fuck at some of these October orders. Like, do some of you guys plan on selling body parts?

All I've got this month is Wing Muramasa and Nendo Link + Megahouse Kuzan, which I just ordered yesterday.

Thrasher429

Neo Member
Holy hell at those orders...though I can't really talk at this point, stupid delays pushing my October order to 43k. Though if Kirigiri delays one more time I'll be laughing since my November order is only about 20k and everything in that order is likely to get delayed.

yami4ct

PG Unicorn has already gone on Order Stop on HLJ. Wow. Never really seen that ever with a Gundam kit. Will probably go in and out between now and November, but still a surprise. Either this kit is going to be much bigger than I expected or initial shipments are pretty low.

Ken

PG Unicorn has already gone on Order Stop on HLJ. Wow. Never really seen that ever with a Gundam kit. Will probably go in and out between now and November, but still a surprise. Either this kit is going to be much bigger than I expected or initial shipments are pretty low.

ok i gave in and grabbed one off of amiami u.u

december is going to be murder

Bombless

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but the Suzukaze store got back to me about tje D*C fighter. They will carry him, so I'll get him if the price is right : no taxes/fees and shipped from France makes me less worried about damage.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
It's hilarious that multiple people are ending up with $1000+ orders for a single month. How does that happen!? Shipping is going to be insane.

Figure delays, and early releases (Terminator was due in Dec, Spidey was due in Nov, but Hot Toys decided to bless us a few months earlier) I even flex paid the Hellboy PF and still managed to spend £902 ($1450 or 157,894 jpy) in September, as long as you stay on top of your bills, credit cards are fucking awesome.

Bought...

AmiAmi has added 400+ preowned figs tonight.

Scour!

Scientific study in progress:

Not gonna look...
*runs to amiami*
Not gonna buy...
Aw, just this one...
OH WATS DAT??
*buys 5 more*
*runs back to gaf*
"fuck ya'll always making me buy shit"

repeat

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'd love to grab that Metal Slug kit but it's a kit. Not sure if it comes painted or not.

Under the photo's it says:
*Photos are of a completed, painted sample. The actual product may differ.

It's a snap kit, the plastic will be colored, but ya got to paint if you want it to look like the photo's...

Also Heartbreaker Ironman fresh outta Hong Kong:

Sweet Ivy

Whoever was looking for that Miku Append, amiami has one now for 4.9k http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-3027
Oh, thanks, it was actually me :).
Sorry for the dumbness, is this new or pre-owned? I think it's new...

Also, any tip for buying from this site?
Are there import taxes (I'm in Canada btw), different methods of payment?
Totally new to this and could use any pointers, I've seen quite a few veterans here :)!!

Totally new to this and could use any pointers, I've seen quite a few veterans here :)!!

That is used.

The item rating is A and in my experience that means it is practically brand new.

October is going to kill me :|

I BLAME EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD!
lrt7.gif

Preview: Nendoroid Petite - Love Live! Sore wa Boku-tachi no Kiseki Ver. by Good Smile Company

Minicchu: Love Live
o0506032213085495386.jpg

From the popular anime series Love Love! comes a second set of idols based on the adorable illustrations of Kengou Yakumo, here to join the chibi Minicchu series of figures from Phat! Company.

The set features all nine members including Honoka Kousaka, Umi Sonoda, Kotori Minami, Eli Ayase, Nico Yazawa, Nozomi Tojo, Maki Nishikino, Rin Hoshizora and Hanayo Koizumi all dressed up in their stage outfits from μ’s 5th single ‘Wonderful Rush’. Be sure to collect them all!
Tomorrow at 18:00JST is the start of…

Happy Kuji: Hatsune Miku 2014 Autumn Ver.
o0515029013086009239.jpg

================================

Happy Kuji: Hatsune Miku 2014 Autumn Ver.

Sales Dates: 4th October from 18:00~
Possible Prizes: http://www.h-kuji.com/goods/goods12.html
Store Information: http://www.h-kuji.com/map/miku_2014Autumn/

================================

GSC was involved with the A, B, C and G prizes!

- A Prize - Hatsune Miku: Lat-type Autumn Ver.
o0511045013086009238.jpg

- B Prize - Memo Stand Figure – Hatsune Miku: Bunny Ver.
o0400036913086009236.jpg

- C Prize - Memo Stand Figure – Megurine Luka: Tanuki Ver.
o0400032513086009237.jpg

- G Prize – Rubber Straps (ALICE IN MUSICLAND / 6 to collect)
o0608060213086009406.jpg

78cfce9b-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/40531080.html
12d2c159-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/40535782.html
f7823743-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/40536278.html

omlet

It's "preowned" but it's A/B condition. This means it is not new direct from the maker/distributor/warehouse, but if you look down the page there is a key that describes what the letter conditions mean. A item condition means it is unopened, so it is "good as new." Most A/B items that are listed as "preowned" were items that pawned off by collectors offloading some of their figures or were items that were out on a shelf somewhere and may have been handled but not opened. (Edit: for clarity, the B in A/B refers to the box itself; it's "item/box" so item is A condition, box is B condition)

I'm not sure about shipping to Canada, I'm in US, but there are other Canadian shoppers here who might be able to chime in. As for tips, not much, you can just sign up, add it to your cart, and check out. They accept paypal and credit cards. Only real tip I'd say is try to use SAL Registered shipping if they will let you. EMS is faster but the cost is usually not worth it (but sometimes amiami will only let you use EMS depending on how big your order is--however for this figure you're probably fine using SAL).

Meyneth

Everyone else explained the item condition, now for shipping (I'm in Ontario).
I looked at the figure and it's around 5,000yen which is below the cutoff for customs, the safe limit is 10,000yen any orders above that are wildcards (you may or may not get charged). So I highly doubt customs will get you.

Other than that it's choosing which type of shipping you want. I always suggest some sort of registered type, so that you get a tracking number and can keep an eye on it. Amiami is also amazing with the packaging for the box so miku should be safe. :D

Sweet Ivy

It's "preowned" but it's A/B condition. This means it is not new direct from the maker/distributor/warehouse, but if you look down the page there is a key that describes what the letter conditions mean. A item condition means it is unopened, so it is "good as new." Most A/B items that are listed as "preowned" were items that pawned off by collectors offloading some of their figures or were items that were out on a shelf somewhere and may have been handled but not opened. (Edit: for clarity, the B in A/B refers to the box itself; it's "item/box" so item is A condition, box is B condition)

I'm not sure about shipping to Canada, I'm in US, but there are other Canadian shoppers here who might be able to chime in. As for tips, not much, you can just sign up, add it to your cart, and check out. They accept paypal and credit cards. Only real tip I'd say is try to use SAL Registered shipping if they will let you. EMS is faster but the cost is usually not worth it (but sometimes amiami will only let you use EMS depending on how big your order is--however for this figure you're probably fine using SAL).
Ok, this helps a LOT!
Always takes a little time to get used to how something work in a field you never entered :)!

Everyone else explained the item condition, now for shipping (I'm in Ontario).
I looked at the figure and it's around 5,000yen which is below the cutoff for customs, the safe limit is 10,000yen any orders above that are wildcards (you may or may not get charged). So I highly doubt customs will get you.

Other than that it's choosing which type of shipping you want. I always suggest some sort of registered type, so that you get a tracking number and can keep an eye on it. Amiami is also amazing with the packaging for the box so miku should be safe. :D
Sounds good, I'm in ON as well!

Another question, is antihero a legit brand? I'm just asking because they seem to have "duplicates" for cheaper? http://www.e2046.com/antihero.php
Like I know the Miku append is from Max factory, but they also have a version: http://www.e2046.com/product/14097 or maybe that's because it's the garage kit?
Edit: found my own answer, it's the GK: "It is NOT PVC. E2046 now offers you a new vision. We specially offer new GK versions so that GK modellers can have a greater selection, as well as enjoy painting them with new color schemes and applying great effects. This new series is named "ANTIHERO".

johnsmith

remember me
Ok, this helps a LOT!
Always takes a little time to get used to how something work in a field you never entered :)!

Sounds good, I'm in ON as well!

Another question, is antihero a legit brand? I'm just asking because they seem to have "duplicates" for cheaper? http://www.e2046.com/antihero.php
Like I know the Miku append is from Max factory, but they also have a version: http://www.e2046.com/product/14097 or maybe that's because it's the garage kit?
Edit: found my own answer, it's the GK: "It is NOT PVC. E2046 now offers you a new vision. We specially offer new GK versions so that GK modellers can have a greater selection, as well as enjoy painting them with new color schemes and applying great effects. This new series is named "ANTIHERO".

E2046 sells bootlegs. They buy garage kits and reproduce them, and sell prepainted versions.

omlet

Well guys and girls, I may have just done the worst thing I could have done for my figure-buying self-restraint.

I just finished paying off my 15 year mortgage in under 3 years and am now completely debt free! My goal was to get it paid off before I turned 30 and all my frugal living has paid off! Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom