• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to stay out of that Amibo thread. Ridiculous how closed minded some people are.

ibn8eA3jWxkRW2.gif

ipgpVMnfi9goJ.gif

Drayco21

Came home for the weekend and had an Amazon package waiting for me alongside my first Marvel Select:

I know we're getting a Legends BAF Thanos next year, but it's based on his modern look from Infinity, and I wanted to add a classic Starlin Thanos to my Marvel Cosmic collection before getting a newer one. Plus, he comes with Lady Death and the Infinity Gauntlet.

I haven't bought a Select yet because their normal figures are just tall enough to be out of Scale with the rest of my Legends, but Thanos is just right- he appropriately towers over the rest of my Cosmic shelf (minus Groot) and looks great doing it.

Dat Infinity Gauntlet.. Man, I can't wait to see Thanos get a hold of this and tear shit up in the movies.

He is a bit less articulated than I would like- which is par the course for older Selects, I understand, I guess I've just been spoiled on Legends. Still, an ab-crunch, hinged wrists and more range in the head would go a really long way in improving him. I'll probably just end up building the Legends Marvel Now Thanos for that purpose though, as is, the Select Thanos is a really awesome, imposing looking classic version of the character that looks great on the shelf.

Cosmic Shelf as of now:

Looking forward to the release of the comic Guardians five pack so I can put my favorite version of the team in the center, but the movie Guardians are the holding the fort alright on their own. Still holding out hope Legends or Select announces a Ronan the Accuser and/or Annihilus sometime soon, maybe to ride blu-ray release hype for Guardians?

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Selvaria does look good so far but I'll wait and see how she looks when fully painted.

Still wishing for a Selvaria Nendo to go with my Riela & Imca Nendos... >_<

As for the hiding question, I'm pretty much open about what I collect. Nothing to be ashamed of. Collect and display whatever you enjoy to your heart's content. Not the judgmental type I am...not at all. I do enjoy listening to others' collecting tales even if the subject matter isn't my cup of tea. It's all about passion and fun of collecting itself.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yo Drayco21! I have all of those too :3 Well except for that comic version of Drax. That's okay, I greatly prefer the movie version.

Glad I got my entire set of GotG Marvel Legends on amazon months ago. Actually, more than a month before the film even came out. They have been really hard to see at retail. I've spotted them only a handfull of times, meanwhile Captain America and Spider-Man legends figures are everywhere.

Excellent choice on Thanos. He's a steal for around $20.

General rule as far as I'm concerned: prefer Marvel Legends for 6" characters unless they are "large" characters like Hulk or in this case Thanos -- Marvel Selects tend to excel there for me. Well, unless there is a Japanese version in which case they should be highly considered as well :p Especially if it's S.H. Figuarts.

Giolon

A new arrival (rival?)...

Looking forward to getting 2013 Final Race ver. - should be shipping out sometime this month. No more delays please, GSC!

Very nice photos! That 2014 design is so good

Koto is teasering She-Hulk Bishoujo! Hold your breath ladies and gentleman:
10698398_958299120853151_9147248251966749732_n.jpg

I can't...I can't...hold me!

Was the full sculpt shown in the last pics?

OMG the hips....the legs! I was put off by the size that they increased her boobs to but the hips! The legs!

chrono01

Indeed. Selvaria's legs are... *drool*

Oh, and apparently a user on MFC received an email from Hobby Japan saying that Mammon is shipping in December.

December!

Please be a mistake...
Please be a mistake...
Please...

Danferno

I need to stay out of that Amibo thread. Ridiculous how closed minded some people are.

It's also sad that no matter how big or small a community/group is, there's always those members who will try to marginalize some subgroup within. While it's better now, gaming isn't exactly the most mainstream hobby--but don't let that stop us from finding someone else to shit on (sarcasm).

yami4ct

The sad thing is I already have two HG Unicorns (one of them a Titanium finish), and an MG Unicorn.

I have 2 MG Unicorns. 1 regular ver Ka and 1 Full Armor. I'm no stranger to buying multiple models of suits I like and the Unicorn is a personal favorite of mine.

Ken

I have 2 MG Unicorns. 1 regular ver Ka and 1 Full Armor. I'm no stranger to buying multiple models of suits I like and the Unicorn is a personal favorite of mine.

I usually try to avoid getting duplicates of Gunpla but I do love the Unicorn in UM so much.

Ken

OMG the hips....the legs! I was put off by the size that they increased her boobs to but the hips! The legs!

I think they toned them down from the original art. I think I'm a little disappointed by that but she's still looking good.

Ryuuroden

Ugh, I got home today and went to pre-order the PG Unicorn and its sold out everywhere if you want the LED kit too.

Edit: I ordered it from amiami anyways with hopes the LED kit becomes available again. If someone knows where to get the kit, let me know.

Oh god, I'm at my grandmother's wake right now and these people are so boring . Someone save me. I'd rather be just about anywhere else right now.

Drayco21

Yo Drayco21! I have all of those too :3 Well except for that comic version of Drax. That's okay, I greatly prefer the movie version.

Glad I got my entire set of GotG Marvel Legends on amazon months ago. Actually, more than a month before the film even came out. They have been really hard to see at retail. I've spotted them only a handfull of times, meanwhile Captain America and Spider-Man legends figures are everywhere.

Excellent choice on Thanos. He's a steal for around $20.

General rule as far as I'm concerned: prefer Marvel Legends for 6" characters unless they are "large" characters like Hulk or in this case Thanos -- Marvel Selects tend to excel there for me. Well, unless there is a Japanese version in which case they should be highly considered as well :p Especially if it's S.H. Figuarts.

That's been my experience retail wise too. Had to order the Guardians online, got lucky enough to get Rocket and Nova for retail price before they jumped back up, and can find nothing but gummybear Iron Man, Spider-Man stuff and Captain America figures that aren't Black Widow in stores.

Do you have Hulk recommendations? I'm looking at the Selects and leaning towards Avengers movie Hulk- all the others look kind of weird to me. Something about the head sculpts in a lot of the pictures I'm seeing looking way too small for their bodies.

WolfStark

I can't...I can't...hold me!

First, I can hold you for now but I think we are out of luck with the reveal of the final sculpt. If She-Hulk looks as good from the other angles, we are done for.

@Selvaria
She does look way better we the rest of her body. The boobs are still too big but the beautiful legs compensate for it. Wouldn't have thought she would look that good.

histopher

Just wanted to say I love this thread. I dont have any figures and have no plans to (money reasons), but I love seeing all the cool things in here. :)

The lego thread is annoyed about that thread too.

Cause you know Lego is only for children and man babies right?

Hell I had so much positive feedback when I had my Lego collection on display when I used to collect them. Especially the Grand Emporium I had for a while. I had friends that wanted to buy that from me on the spot. Miss collecting them sometiems but I couldn't do figures and lego like I said before. No no no lol

Luigi87

... I finished Danganronpa 2. Such an amazing game but I won't talk about that here.

Then I got sad that I still couldn't order the Chiaki Nanami figure anymore... So I was browsing the spoiler thread, saw this image
checked... and she is available for pre-order again on AmiAmi!

Miracles do happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom