• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Well guys and girls, I may have just done the worst thing I could have done for my figure-buying self-restraint.

I just finished paying off my 15 year mortgage in under 3 years and am now completely debt free! My goal was to get it paid off before I turned 30 and all my frugal living has paid off! Woohoo!

Congrats, friend! My fiance and I just signed onto building a house last week, so we're about to know that pain.

Arclaid

Well guys and girls, I may have just done the worst thing I could have done for my figure-buying self-restraint.

I just finished paying off my 15 year mortgage in under 3 years and am now completely debt free! My goal was to get it paid off before I turned 30 and all my frugal living has paid off! Woohoo!

Nice work. Congratulations! Now you can sit back and have a drink to celebrate.

And place some new figure orders while you're at it.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Spidey's in the house, and hot damn he's fucking awesome...

9XZJ3iY.jpg

3LDaZEj.jpg

LyA0zUf.jpg

m1NcR13.jpg

JhvajvE.jpg

Arclaid

I like these but damn how many chibi figures are we going to get before they start making the rest of the cast? I want Momo!
And Kisumi ;-;

I'd be all over Gou or Seijuuro figures. Kinda surprised they haven't upgraded Sousuke to be a regular part of the merch lineup. I was honestly expecting them to announce a Sousuke Altair figure alongside the Rin one.

I'd be all over Gou or Seijuuro figures. Kinda surprised they haven't upgraded Sousuke to be a regular part of the merch lineup. I was honestly expecting them to announce a Sousuke Altair figure alongside the Rin one.

Sousuke is slowly getting more merch but nothing figure related, not even mini ones yet.

But an Altair Sousuke one would be the best. Absolute best.

Arclaid

Yeah, they're quite a pain to stack.

Also in the shipment was my Fat Chocobo plush, but I'm not sure if I want to take it out of the packaging... seems like it'd be really easy to get dirty. But god damn is it hilariously cute:

Oh man. I was so close to ordering Fat Chocobo when it went up for pre-orders, but I needed to start cutting down on my spending
which I'm not doing a good job of anyway

Urgh...I have this constant urge to rub its belly. It's so round.

javac

I got a payment request for Asuka but I'm gonna cancel it. Didn't pay for Ryuko Figma either lol. Wonder what NY will think of this.

omlet

Welp.

ukVGF4r.jpg

Treating myself to early birthday shopping now that house is paid off. Ordered -

[GSC] Millhiore F. Biscotti
Had this one on my figinstock for a few months, finally an A- showed up, couldn't resist the cute.

[MF] Fate/Zero - Saber Refined
[MF] Fate/Zero - Kiritsugu Emiya Refined
Wanted this pair for a while and almost bought them in person at AX for the past two years (but then there's the hassle of getting them home). I've almost pulled the trigger on them before but when I've looked a few times in the past one of the two was always out of stock at the moment. Also, welcome, Kiritusugu, the first dude in my figure collection.

[GSC] Kyoko Sakura
I still don't plan on getting all the Madoka girls but since Kyoko is the best, and I've been on the fence about this one for a while, I just picked it up before I could temporarily talk myself out of it again.

Ultimadrago

Congrats! Man, in under 3 years, that's some killer budgeting.

AmiAmi shipment arrived. This seems as good a use of the Kirby Tsumu Tsumu set as any:

kirbymariokart8baj5a.gif

Arclaid

Welp.

ukVGF4r.jpg

Treating myself to early birthday shopping now that house is paid off. Ordered -

[GSC] Millhiore F. Biscotti
Had this one on my figinstock for a few months, finally an A- showed up, couldn't resist the cute.

[MF] Fate/Zero - Saber Refined
[MF] Fate/Zero - Kiritsugu Emiya Refined
Wanted this pair for a while and almost bought them in person at AX for the past two years (but then there's the hassle of getting them home). I've almost pulled the trigger on them before but when I've looked a few times in the past one of the two was always out of stock at the moment. Also, welcome, Kiritusugu, the first dude in my figure collection.

[GSC] Kyoko Sakura
I still don't plan on getting all the Madoka girls but since Kyoko is the best, and I've been on the fence about this one for a while, I just picked it up before I could temporarily talk myself out of it again.

You wasted no time in placing that figure order. lol

A new arrival (rival?)...

ibokbv1Hftbj1o.JPG

iW5EyALO0H5K1.JPG

iW87UFmnNyy6S.JPG

iPZrYkIZ9iEDN.JPG

ibmOcRmK5v8mtk.JPG

iKNvexVKLYv0i.JPG

iLCpkcxOz0Dde.JPG

iba3ziB0q3Y23N.JPG

2014, meet 2012!

izjvcLPylqa7G.JPG

ijyPppbMldlFv.JPG

i1N1AmvW9Nulm.JPG

i3fsWkZ63EJ7s.JPG

Looking forward to getting 2013 Final Race ver. - should be shipping out sometime this month. No more delays please, GSC!

meijiko

That would be literally impossible unless I just locked up the room and said "hey you can't go in there." But everyone that visits knows about our hobbies and usually wants to see our shit.

RMI

Banned
[GSC] Kyoko Sakura

I've been on the fence about this fig for a long time. I've come to terms with never getting Homura, but I have Mami and Madoka already...

yami4ct

ok i gave in and grabbed one off of amiami u.u

december is going to be murder

And yet another one falls to the siren song of the Beast of Possibility. That kit is going to be something really special. I have faith Bandai will knock it out of the park.

omlet

Congrats! Man, in under 3 years, that's some killer budgeting.

Thanks. TBH it was more just general discipline and being content with living below my means, I guess, than actual strict number-crunching budgeting. You can save a lot of money by driving a cheap car, not drinking/smoking, only eating out like 3 times a month, etc.! Oh and having no kids helps a lot, too.

You wasted no time in placing that figure order. lol

Gotta strike while the iron is hot!

I've been on the fence about this fig for a long time. I've come to terms with never getting Homura, but I have Mami and Madoka already...

Yeah, I have Ultimate Madoka and was gonna stop there until Akuma Homura happened. Despite being one of my favorite shows in the past few years, I'm really not that big a fan of the character designs outside the context of the show, so I really have no interest in getting the Mami or Sayaka figures. What I really wanted for Kyoko was a nice scale with her spear in chain form, that could have been a really good action pose; I would have bought that day 0, but it didn't happen, so until Ultimate Madoka, I had no Madoka figures. Then after 2 years of thinking it over, and 2 years of no more good Kyoko scales getting released, my resistance got worn down. I'm not expecting this Kyoko to blow me away like some of my other figures, but in the end, at that price, for GSC quality, I think I'll be glad to have her in my collection. Edit: As for the other Homura figures, there are a couple I like, but again kind of the same deal as with Mami/Sayaka--except for costing twice as much lol... I'll get Devil because it looks awesome and will go great with Ultimate Madoka, but not interested in hunting down a TV series scale from the same "set" as the Kyoko.

Plus, Gwendolyn needs another speargirl to keep her company.

StayDead

My opinion is that if people cannot accept my hobbies then they're not worth my time. My Dad was a little surprised when he first saw them, same goes for my dakimakura (which admittedly I did hide for a while) but I think he knows I like what I do and he's got nerdy interests himself so it doesn't bother him. So now I don't hide anything.

My Dad finding my Daki's the first time (I've got three) was sort of weird as he made a passing comment of how I have women in my bed in a jokey way, but since then he hasn't mentioned them at all. He more wonders where all the new boxes keep coming from haha.

Ultimadrago

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906071

Heh...

Does anyone here hide their figures when people come over?

hmmmmaaaybe.gify4u1t.gif

Though I technically have it avoided altogether since I don't have a formal (or informal, really) "display". I have a few figures out and it has never rose overt concerns when having friends, family, dates over. I could likely "get away" with having more out without visitors raising brow, but I prefer keeping it the way it is. Heck, I don't even like the idea of having all/most my figures out.

Of course, it's not a call I would make for everyone as seen from certain posters in that thread. It's your damn space, do with it what you see fit and feel comfortable with. Plus, if everyone approached things like I did I would be missing out on viewing the wonderful various collections everyone has to offer.

omlet

You're speaking my language right now. I'll keep an eye on the fig in stock notifications.

Speaking of spears, what was that upcoming figure who had a long blue (I think) scarf and a spear? I was thinking it was a Hyakka Ryouran figure but checking MFC I don't see it (I'm not talking about this one http://myfigurecollection.net/item/12048) and they usually have entries for things well before release. Couldn't find it with a tag search, either. I know it was posted some months ago in this thread... If anyone knows what I'm talking about...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906071

Heh...

Does anyone here hide their figures when people come over?

That sucks, I don't hide it at all. I don't have them all on display (no room, plus I like to rotate) but I don't go hide them either. My close guy friends like coming over and seeing what new figs I got. My parents don't care since they know I have a good head on my shoulder. Girls wise, haven't had a problem. I think its because my place has a balance (anime, videogames, tech stuff, fraternity stuff, and music). Nevertheless, I really do not care what people thing of my hobbies. I enjoy what I enjoy ^_^

george_us

The boobs on that Selvaria sculpt don't look nearly as bad as the last pics. She looks pretty damn great overall. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom