• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

This is my take of the whole situation. LIFE STORY INC...

Ragingnight
(Today, 08:25 PM)

Sorry to hear about your eyesight and even more so that it potentially influenced you to become a confrontational person. And here I am never shutting up about my slight astigmatism (usually not wanting to wear my glasses). I couldn't imagine dealing with that level of ignorance among peers.

javac

There's some choice comments in that thread for sure but the general sentiment is a normal and understandable one. People get hurt by assholes that judge them and thus keep themselves to themselves and try to adhere to a lifestyle that is by and large considered 'normal', whatever that may be. I feel both sides become abrasive and rude in the mix. This whole "I feel sorry for people who hide figures" is silly as there's nothing to feel sorry about and that sentiment belittles that persons choice, feelings and emotions even if that person means no ill by that comment. However on the opposite side of the spectrum, the belittlement of people who do indulge in figures is also stupid. I feel it is ironic since both sides are...judging each other which is the whole point of the thread, the fear of being judged.

Everyone knows in this thread that I myself have and still have this issue but I still buy figures. I see both sides clearly. These figures I buy by and large look cool and represent characters and properties that I love and are a physical embodiment of what I like. It’s me, on my shelf. But yeah I feel embarrassed for lack of better words at times, like an oddball, not embarrassed at a particular person or group but myself. They can look tacky and silly and do not conform to the idolized home setting you see on TV or the environment that you grow up in and such. You're told to grow up a certain way, walk a certain way, dress, eat and live a certain way so yeah it can be seen as a weird thing to do. Rebellious even. Youths am I right? It's why video games and anime are looked down on. You shouldn't stop enjoying what you enjoy, but you shouldn't be surprised when people judge. It's part and parcel with the territory.

The thing to note is it goes both ways. I'm sure a lot of gaffers here have met each other and made good friends due to figures and other hobbies. People who throw negative vibes at you should be ignored in practice, but they do rub some more than others and it can be hard to ignore these people when they're the majority and you are seen as the oddball. Everyone wants to fit in after all. Everyone wants to be normal. I guess the question is what is normal and who writes the rule book on what is considered normal and is it worth conforming yourself to this lifestyle you don't enjoy, whilst depriving yourself of who you really are and what you really enjoy? I think both sides could be more subtle and understanding about it really.

As said above, you can't judge somebody by such a small thing. There's such thing as an in between, and although there's generally nothing wrong with swinging either way, you don't have to. Nobody gets a stamp on their head that says "VIDEO GAMER!" or "Figure collector!” We're people who have different interests and hobbies and labelling people as such is foolhardy, especially on a video game website. People are multifaceted and enjoy all sorts. I like to collect figures, I love classical music, I like anime, I love to draw. I'm me. Do I expect people to like everything about me? Nope. Do I have any ill will for people who look down upon me? Nope. That's me I guess. Like I said, it comes with the territory.

In any case I just paid for the delivery for my Red Nendoroid. Just over 1000 Yen.

Well ill repast when I'm home. It with friends.

Honestly one of my closest friends agree with tons of shir I say in term of life, people and politics, but admits that I am very jaded because of my experience

I'm very happy with the price if I do say so myself! If I get an import duty slip however, I will truly be ashamed as will my wallet.

1000JPY for shipping what did you go for? I paid 578JY for SAL Small Packet (Unregistered), IIRC. Well said on earlier post =), yeeesh that Amiibo thread seriously if they find it embarrassing to display/use don't buy them simple =/

I want the Red nendo but I ain't paying no $100 those scalpers want!
Edit: Checking Amazon JP's page so many scalpers =( Hopefully they'll mass produce it for the public other than just Pokecenter and Amazon JP, so those who missed out can get it for a reasonable price.

javac

1000JPY for shipping what did you go for? I paid 578JY for SAL Small Packet (Unregistered), IIRC. Well said on earlier post =), yeeesh that Amiibo thread seriously if they find it embarrassing to display/use don't buy them simple =/

Oh God I thought you said you paid 5k for a second :eek: lol I went for Regular SAL. I didn't pay for the 500 Yen fee in advance so that may be why :)

Oh God I thought you said you paid 5k for a second :eek: lol I went for Regular SAL. I didn't pay for the 500 Yen fee in advance so that may be why :)

Ah yeah I did pay the 500JPY fee in advance, didn't know how to use their proxy properly then, had no idea I didn't have to pay it when I placed it XD

javac

Ah yeah I did pay the 500JPY fee in advance, didn't know how to use their proxy properly then, had no idea I didn't have to pay it when I placed it XD

Hah yeah I just thought that I'd leave it and pay it together. I'll be honest, I'm really happy with how cheap this is, but at the same time I understand why. As apposed to other proxy services, you still have to do most of the leg work in ordering stuff, whereas with other proxies, they can sometimes do everything and thus charge commission.

I don't have the money, but I kinda wish I ordered two now! Gotta save that money for GL tho, not long now! I didn't pay for Ryuko Figma and I'm not going to pay for Asuka either, if NY close my account I might be done with figures for a long time.

javac

I'd say it's like four!

The Pokemon are better than the actual Nendo, imo.

Haha they do look pretty cool. I actually unlike many have no emotional attachment to Red, but I do have an attachment to Pokemon hence the purchase. Plus the novelty of a Pokemon figure is cool, especially an actual trainer.

javac

I've got a figure I want to sell, it's this one

I wonder if anybody is interested in this figure and how much I'd get for it...I'm so bad at selling stuff since it's a British disease to lack the ability to haggle!

13k matabei http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
FIG-MOE-02900.jpg

Settin

Indeed. Selvaria's legs are... *drool*

Oh, and apparently a user on MFC received an email from Hobby Japan saying that Mammon is shipping in December.

December!

Please be a mistake...
Please be a mistake...
Please...
SHITCOCK
Why raptor jesus, why have you forsaken me?

Sweet Ivy

Well, this could be the beginning... good thing my budget is limited right now and most of it is allocated to games.

I registered on AmiAmi and pre-ordered her... my first pre-order:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...tsune+miku+2014$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I don't know what's going to happen next, I just liked her so much (espcially the cutest Miku face I've seen) and pre-ordered.....!!!
How's the price?
Is she going to look just like that?
Is the manufacturer good?

FIGURE-007630.jpg

Arkadios

Well, this could be the beginning... good thing my budget is limited right now and most of it is allocated to games.

I registered on AmiAmi and pre-ordered her... my first pre-order:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...tsune+miku+2014$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I don't know what's going to happen next, I just liked her so much (espcially the cutest Miku face I've seen) and pre-ordered.....!!!
How's the price?
Is she going to look just like that?
Is the manufacturer good?

The quality will be good, rest assured. You can drool some more here: http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2014/08/22/18th-scale-racing-miku-2014-ver/

momohime was my first HLJ figure.. I think she was my....2nd or 3rd figure? Im not sure but I think koto's kurisu from steins gate was my first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom