• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
$150 for momohime seems like too much. But I guess that's still cheaper than the $300 she went for before the rerelease.

Man, you've turned into a fuddy-duddy lately. "That's too much! Grrrrr." " No more pre-orders! Grrrrr."

Starfire, Amazon and Sorceress showed up today. I'm excited. I really need to box up some old waifus tomorrow so the new ones have their time to shine.

javac

I paid just over $110 for Momohime including delivery, I have to say she looks great but I'm not that big on her in person. Nowhere near my fave that's for sure. She is cool tho.

Ryuuroden

Man, you've turned into a fuddy-duddy lately. "That's too much! Grrrrr." " No more pre-orders! Grrrrr."

Starfire, Amazon and Sorceress showed up today. I'm excited. I really need to box up some old waifus tomorrow so the new ones have their time to shine.

Yeah lol hes a fuddy-duddy indeed :p

Ultimadrago

Kawaii <3

Still not sure about Takane's face :/

I may not be able to resist nabbing a couple of "The Kawaii".

As for Takane's face, I dunno. It looks like Takane to me, but something about the face made me pause a little. It just doesn't seem to translate as well as the others' have (with the exception of Yayoi's "Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs face" perhaps). But hey, perhaps you will like her better when colored! Additionally on the bright side, the hair is sculpted nicely and "The ass was fat."

He's looking out for everybody's wallets. The more power to him, I say!

Ok Mr "I ain't buying 2 elves!" and "Only marvel and dc bishoujos for me next year!"

I actually haven't bought any elves at all, yet. And I'm buying mostly Marvel and DC bishoujos next year. Not exclusively. I'm cutting back dramatically next year, certainly. But to stop pre-ordering at all? You blaspheme our very hobby, good sir.

So I'm looking at the Dragon's Crown ladies and thinking this might not work. My plan is to put them all on the same detolf shelf, but looking at their bases, it seems like that may not be possible.

Giolon

Sorceress is here! I still have to get my POP Rebecca and Phat Ryuuko photos processed. :-/ Expect Photos of Sorceress soon - she may jump the line!

So I'm looking at the Dragon's Crown ladies and thinking this might not work. My plan is to put them all on the same detolf shelf, but looking at their bases, it seems like that may not be possible.

Elf's base is unreasonably huge. Amazon's is on the larger end of reasonable, and Sorceress's is surprising given the other two (weird that it's round). Her box also seems unnecessarily large.

Also, is it just me Freez, or does Sorceress seem like she's bigger in scale than the other two? Edit: Actually, putting all three side by side, it feels like it's just Amazon who's under sized.

Also, is it just me Freez, or does Sorceress seem like she's bigger in scale than the other two? Edit: Actually, putting all three side by side, it feels like it's just Amazon who's under sized.

I thought so too at first, but I think it's just an illusion caused by all that life. She's curvy in the hips, too.

Giolon

She looks incredible, arguably the best of the three DC Megahouse figures. Can't wait to get her on Monday!

Having the three of them here in front of me, I feel like Elf came out far and away the best (top tier quality at every level - sculpt, paint, likeness to original art - but that cone...), Sorceress next (great paint, the details on the back of her corset are super sharply done - I'll be sure to get photos), and Amazon at the bottom (no pun intended, skin tone is kind of off, over-heavily shaded).

Which is sort of a bummer since Amazon is my favorite character, but none of them are bad figures.

SerTapTap

Hey figure gaf, I don't know too much about figures yet but I've got a cheap little Etna figure from the Disgaea D2 limited edition that came without a proper stand--I got two of these little 1 hole stands, but Etna needs 2 to stand. I don't know what, if anything, I can get that'll actually work, don't even know what brand these are, the base just reads "copyright nippon ichi software". She's currently just propped up against another larger figure.

Here's a pic with a nickle for scale:

IMG_20141003_202148.jpg

Giolon

Hey figure gaf, I don't know too much about figures yet but I've got a cheap little Etna figure from the Disgaea D2 limited edition that came without a proper stand--I got two of these little 1 hole stands, but Etna needs 2 to stand. I don't know what, if anything, I can get that'll actually work, don't even know what brand these are, the base just reads "copyright nippon ichi software". She's currently just propped up against another larger figure.

So, that hole in the stand looks like it's not for a foot, but it's for a little claw or similar piece that should fit into the back, similar to this Noel figure from BlazBlue:

http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/88308&ref=item:29081

Maybe some of the Nendo collectors around here can give advice on where to get a replacement stand.

This looks like what you've got there.

SerTapTap

So, that hole in the stand looks like it's not for a foot, but it's for a little claw or similar piece that should fit into the back, similar to this Noel figure from BlazBlue:

It came with two bases, both identical. It comes with a Flonne that's held up in the air but Etna stands on her feet, so both work for Flonne but neither for Etna.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Having the three of them here in front of me, I feel like Elf came out far and away the best (top tier quality at every level - sculpt, paint, likeness to original art - but that cone...), Sorceress next (great paint, the details on the back of her corset are super sharply done - I'll be sure to get photos), and Amazon at the bottom (no pun intended, skin tone is kind of off, over-heavily shaded).

Which is sort of a bummer since Amazon is my favorite character, but none of them are bad figures.

Glad to read Sorceress is great, I was worried she'd look more rushed then Amazon. Have to wait until she gets out of UK customs, then wait longer to be sent the import bill.

Hope the Vertex Tiki comes out half as nice as these have...

Ryuuroden

How cute.

Busaiku

Benten came in about a hour ago.
Even after the shipping charges, I didn't think he'd be this big.
I was expecting something around the size of Raidou, but he's like 20% bigger.
The shipping box was like 3.5 feet long.

The packaging's nice. It's about 1.5 feet long though. About as wide too.
It's extremely hard to tell in this cause I can't hold things steady, but the contours of his back, combined with his hair and generally sharp feathers, made it really annoying to insert the wings.
I really like the tattoo.
Here he is compared to my other winged toys.

Sorry for the really crappy shots.
But yeah, besides the annoying assembly, absolutely loving it.
Unfortunately, the drawing by QJQ got got bent in the packaging.

Dear lord, that's crazy @_@

I'm guess I'm just lucky I haven't ventured that deep into the whole crazy shipping prices world of figure collecting then.

yami4ct

Dear lord, that's crazy @_@

I'm guess I'm just lucky I haven't ventured that deep into the whole crazy shipping prices world of figure collecting then.

$58 isn't even as insane as you can get if we're talking about EMS shipping. Some of the giant model kits can easily get to 80 or even over $100. It becomes really important that you both look for the best base price and combine shipping orders at that point. Why I really like HLJ's Private Warehouse.

you think 58 is bad for one figure? ultimate madoka was 70-80 rofl.

also I got hanzo in so I had to re-arrange

naoe big ass hammer blocks everything. I can't put it in the back because shes wide (including the stand to hold the hammer)

Giolon

Who are you teasing? I have all three of those. :p

Anybody who's interested in seeing the rest of the photos I'm going to post once I finish processing them?

Sorceress is actually kind of hard to photograph. My favorite feature is actually one of her biggest drawbacks. Her enourmous hat covers her face from many angles, and I don't think she looks quite as good w/o it. Beyond that there's obviously her large bust which you can't get around just being out there. Her hat actually kind of balances them out a bit.

Anybody who's interested in seeing the rest of the photos I'm going to post once I finish processing them?

I think this may be the first time I've actually bought a whole line.

I'm also interested in Vertex's Tiki, but I'll wait for feedback from people who actually bought her, first.

mammon confirmed dec.

So thats both mammon and beelzebub. I also have homura for dec as well.

october so far is
kongo
shimakaze
x-eros
mikasa dx
kirigiri (paid CR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom