• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

So I ordered a Goku Figuart from Amazon directly and this is what I got:

http://i.imgur.com/HxrMvjM.jpg

The hell is this?! It shorter than a DVD case and about three times as wide. I haven't opened it but it's clear whatever inside is just loose and moves around inside when holding the package. The image on Amazon clearly shows it with box.

Anybody have any experience with this from Amazon? Is this normal?

It's funny because I ordered a Piccolo one from a third party seller and few months ago and it was fine with that sticker and everything.

It sucks because I always keep the boxes for my figure. Now I'm going to have to do my second online return. They better cover shipping.

What the hell?!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Inflatable bullet because why not - http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-000857&page=top

TOY-000857.jpg

Needs a head - http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-DOL-7342&page=top

HxrMvjM.jpg

The hell is this?! It shorter than a DVD case and about three times as wide. I haven't opened it but it's clear whatever inside is just loose and moves around inside when holding the package. The image on Amazon clearly shows it with box.

Nothing wrong with it, this is normal for Figuarts these boxes tend to be for their shop exclusive figures and such just open it and you'll see it in the box you normally see they use for display. Will edit this post with my Figuarts boxes later.

Edit: Imgur app's flaking out on me so can't post image, just open the box and you'll see it's legit.

Giolon

HxrMvjM.jpg

It's funny because I ordered a Piccolo one from a third party seller and few months ago and it was fine with that sticker and everything.

It sucks because I always keep the boxes for my figure. Now I'm going to have to do my second online return. They better cover shipping.

That is the box that the Figuarts box ships inside from the distributor. The typical branded box should be inside. They have come with many of my Figuarts figures, including Dragon Kid that I ordered from Amazon and figures that I got as a gift direct from my friend's wife who's a Namco Bandai employee.

I can take pictures of my similar boxes when I get home.

chrono01

Orchid seed old black one.

Edit
O I might get wing one with the chocolate guitar
Yeah, that's the one I have [obviously, since Wing's version hasn't been released yet].

Orchid Seed did an incredible job on her, I'm sure you'll feel the same [if you decide to purchase her].

kewlmyc

So yeah, I couldn't wait for OS's Sorceress and ended up buying MH's Sorceress despite my complaints of it. I thought I was getting better, but clearly not.

So yeah, I couldn't wait for OS's Sorceress and ended up buying MH's Sorceress despite my complaints of it. I thought I was getting better, but clearly not.

I would have waited for the Orchid Seed Sorceress if they had a better track-record for getting things out on time. But I have to say the three MH girls from Dragon's Crown look great together.

I'll probably pick up the OS version anyway whenever she comes out.

Bombless

Speaking of Dragon's Crown, A+ Fighter is up on that french store.

For 249€.

NOPE.jpg

Edit : Amiami sells it for what amounts to 129€. With shipping + tax + customs fee it would probably amount to 200€, maybe 210. 249 is just gross, not to mention there's prolly shipement ontop.

That is the box that the Figuarts box ships inside from the distributor. The typical branded box should be inside. They have come with many of my Figuarts figures, including Dragon Kid that I ordered from Amazon and figures that I got as a gift direct from my friend's wife who's a Namco Bandai employee.

I can take pictures of my similar boxes when I get home.

Maybe some scale is necessary here's a picture of the Amazon box of Goku with the box of my Piccolo Figuart:

BdIogKp.jpg

Here's another shot with my original 3DS on top:

TAAamF9.jpg

Also there are definitely pretty loose plastic pieces inside the box. I can't believe its blister/window packaging.

If there is a box why would the packaging be so radically different in size between figures. Especially when Goku has more accessories with his Kamehameha effect piece.

Edit:

Looking at images it seems like box sizes are different with Piccolo being a bigger one so that's my mistake. I just didn't imagine a figure box could be that thin to fit in that size cardboard box. Still there's no mistaking that if it is in a box the pieces are very loose for some weird reason I've bought dozens of different figures and no one has pieces that feel as loose. That's why I thought the figure was loose in box. If

I beginning to agree that I was probably mistaken. Thanks Gaf.

Ryuuroden

Wait, you didn't open it?

Dude. Open it. If it's not right, you email support. Staring at a box isn't gonna help.

I agree that you should open it and see but I have another comment/question to make, Did johnsmith reach the crotchity old man phase of life while I wasn't looking. He seems so surly recently with the "Dangnabbit I don't preorder things!" "Grrrr back in my day things were cheaper and I had to walk to school up a hill both ways grrrr"

:p

johnsmith

remember me
I agree that you should open it and see but I have another comment/question to make, Did johnsmith reach the crotchity old man phase of life while I wasn't looking. He seems so surly recently with the "Dangnabbit I don't preorder things!" "Grrrr back in my day things were cheaper and I had to walk to school up a hill both ways grrrr"

:p
Well it seems silly to take pictures, post on message boards, wait hours, when you could just open the thing and answer your own question in 5 seconds.

chrono01

Skytube X-eros cover girl is releasing in 2 days...
Only adding to this month's orders. >_<

God, it is going to destroy me.

So confirmed [with release dates]

Paid Already:

Noel [Amakuni]
Halloween Miku Nendoroid [GSC]

Not-Yet Paid:

Asuka [Alter]
Super Sonico - Cheerleader Ver. [Orchid Seed]
X-Eros Cover Girl [Skytube]
The Muse of Range Murata [Alter]

Not Yet With Release Date:

Kongou [Max Factory]
Super Sonico - Tiger Parka Ver. [Gift]
Sansei Muramasa [Wing]
Link Nendoroid [GSC]
Satsuki Nendoroid [GSC]
Super Sonico Nendoroid [GSC]

...Yeah, delays would greatly be welcome.

chrono01

Wait! Wait!

I see no Shiro on your list. :|
I cancelled her a few weeks back. The more I looked at her the less I needed her, especially given the month. I do have my eye on Phat Company's version, though. It's being done by the same sculptor as Swamp Witch, so I have full confidence it will look great once painted

Here's hoping it hits during a reasonable month. -_-

Ryuuroden

Only adding to this month's orders. >_<

God, it is going to destroy me.

So confirmed [with release dates]

Paid Already:

Noel [Amakuni]
Halloween Miku Nendoroid [GSC]

Not-Yet Paid:

Asuka [Alter]
Super Sonico - Cheerleader Ver. [Orchid Seed]
X-Eros Cover Girl [Skytube]
The Muse of Range Murata [Alter]

Not Yet With Release Date:

Kongou [Max Factory]
Super Sonico - Tiger Parka Ver. [Gift]
Sansei Muramasa [Wing]
Link Nendoroid [GSC]
Satsuki Nendoroid [GSC]
Super Sonico Nendoroid [GSC]

...Yeah, delays would greatly be welcome.

good god dude

EDIT: glad you didn't cancel Kongou, Boatgirls forever

chrono01

Chrono-kun.... we talked about this.

Have fun waiting until 2016 for that.
I know we did. It was not an easy decision. :(

And yes, it will be 2016. Perhaps by then we'll have a Season 2 Shiro to look forward to/be released.

good god dude
I am terrified.

Thankfully the following months are a lot easier, and I have plans to cancel a figure in November [Susie-san] to help make it more manageable. October really is the single month where all of my pre-orders were delayed to.

Bombless

I cancelled her a few weeks back. The more I looked at her the less I needed her, especially given the month. I do have my eye on Phat Company's version, though. It's being done by the same sculptor as Swamp Witch, so I have full confidence it will look great once painted

Here's hoping it hits during a reasonable month. -_-

I commend you, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom