• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I commend you, sir.
It was not an easy choice to make, but I think it's for the best. I still like her though, I just can't afford her at the moment. You've seen my October orders, I simply cannot do it. >_<
Yes, come to the dark side. Cancel all the things!
NEVER!

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-03300
lol wut
3XbD0j2.png

This is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. 12.7k.
That's just...

No words.

yami4ct

That 40k December bill is really good at stopping me from buying more figures. I was really considering grabbing a MG Gundam kit that was a great deal on amazon, but then I thought about what I was going to be spending and that was a great way of getting me to cut that thought right off. That's a good thing, I guess.

Ken

i have an expensive december too but it's like a figure, gunpla, and video games

i blame amiami for having so many things to sell

yami4ct

i have an expensive december too but it's like a figure, gunpla, and video games

i blame amiami for having so many things to sell

That GunPla is the 17k PG Unicorn, though. You're in this with me!

I also have another 9k in LEDs for Unicorn, 14.4k for a Transformer and 2k for another GunPla, so I'm desperately trying to keep that bill from growing, haha.

chrono01

So it's kind of a "Reverse Figure Addicts Anonymous" group, where we encourage everyone to spend more money on figures than to not?

So it's kind of a "Reverse Figure Addicts Anonymous" group, where we encourage everyone to spend more money on figures than to not?

You're supposed to curb your figure purchases. I guess that means instead of buying three $80 figures, you're just supposed to buy one $240 figure.

yami4ct

Convincing people to buy stuff is like spending someone else's money. You get to live vicariously through the other posters, which is pretty awesome.

Also, you guys have gotten close to getting me to buy some stuff posted here. So much good stuff.

You're supposed to curb your figure purchases. I guess that means instead of buying three $80 figures, you're just supposed to buy one $240 figure.

What if you're already buying 2 $200 figures? I don't think I've ever seen a $400 figure I'd actually want, haha.

yami4ct

Speaking of lack of self-control, I'm pretty sure once I finish building PG Unicorn Gundam, I'll instantly be buying PG Astray Red. I've been teetering on that one for a while. Such a beautiful kit. Bet building another PG will tip me over. Maybe I should start budgeting for it now :/.

george_us

Also speaking of a lack self-control (but not a lack of Gundam), I'm 95% I'm buying Kier the Valkyrie and Oglavaeil the Executioner from the Sideshow's Court of the Dead collection. They look too fucking cool to pass up plus it looks like I'll have plenty of time to save.

Zerojul

Speaking of lack of self-control, I'm pretty sure once I finish building PG Unicorn Gundam, I'll instantly be buying PG Astray Red. I've been teetering on that one for a while. Such a beautiful kit. Bet building another PG will tip me over. Maybe I should start budgeting for it now :/.

Dang, I wanted to get that PG Unicorn but they ran out of LED units on Amiami, HLJ and Hobbysearch :( i really wanted to get both shipped at the same time...
And the PG Astray is awesome, just sayin' ;)

yami4ct

Dang, I wanted to get that PG Unicorn but they ran out of LED units on Amiami, HLJ and Hobbysearch :( i really wanted to get both shipped at the same time...
And the PG Astray is awesome, just sayin' ;)

Yeah, that PG Unicorn sold out fast. Glad I got my kit/led set ordered first day or I'd have missed it. Seems like the big delay between PGs and even larger delay between UC PGs really created some pent up demand.

As for PG Astray, I'm going to try to budget for it. I'm already mostly budgeted for November/December. I just need to make sure to budget December shipping and MP Ultra Magnus. Then the only thing I have to worry about is MP Start Saber in March. There's a pretty decent chance I'll be able to squeeze a PG Astray in January or February, especially since my birthday is in January. He's very high on my list for sure.

Speaking of Dragon's Crown, A+ Fighter is up on that french store.

For 249€.

NOPE.jpg

Edit : Amiami sells it for what amounts to 129€. With shipping + tax + customs fee it would probably amount to 200€, maybe 210. 249 is just gross, not to mention there's prolly shipement ontop.

NY? anyway, shipping cost may stop me from ordering it. or wait for a price drop.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'm starting a new support group. Figure Addicts Anonymous.

My name is Baka Zeitgeist and it's been less then 24 hours since my last figure purchase, less then 48 hours since my last pre-order, and 8 days since my last figure arrival... Last week I bought my wife our first Nendo *hangs head in shame*

If we had self-control, we wouldn't be here.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a bishoujo X-23 for a decent price? I kinda slept on that one and now she's going for over $100.

I did the same thing and passed on her at first, I never saw her at what I consider the bishoujo instant purchase price AKA under retail (£50 for me), that time has passed though, it's either buy at the higher price or regret it later...

I decided to let her go, I couldn't pay more then £50 for a bishoujo. Hell I throw their boxes away (for lack of space, but also 'cause these aren't high end enough to care)

Also speaking of a lack self-control (but not a lack of Gundam), I'm 95% I'm buying Kier the Valkyrie and Oglavaeil the Executioner from the Sideshow's Court of the Dead collection. They look too fucking cool to pass up plus it looks like I'll have plenty of time to save.

That's not a lack of control, that is the next logical step. *salutes*

I'm getting those two + Queen of the Dead, Death's Siren (she's castoffable), and Cleopsis Eater of the Dead... Well, that is if the Queen of the Dead comes out like her prototype, if not I'll be too worried about the final quality of these figures to actually pre-order the rest of them...

Zerojul

Will the LED units be available again?

I hope so... Incidentally, I'd like to know the dimensions and weight of the LED units box. If it's not too big, I might consider preordering the PG itself from amiami now (preorders are still open atm) and grabbing the LEDs later. But I'm afraid it could be a huge box, considering that message on amiami : "This item must be delivered alone and it cannot be combined with other items". If that's the case, PG Unicorn + LED units + PG-level shipping costs x 2 may be more than I'm willing to spend on this... Decisions...

Ken

I hope so... Incidentally, I'd like to know the dimensions and weight of the LED units box. If it's not too big, I might consider preordering the PG itself from amiami now (preorders are still open atm) and grabbing the LEDs later. But I'm afraid it could be a huge box, considering that message on amiami : "This item must be delivered alone and it cannot be combined with other items". If that's the case, PG Unicorn + LED units + PG-level shipping costs x 2 may be more than I'm willing to spend on this... Decisions...

you can combine PG LED unit box with PG Unicorn in the same shipping

or do you mean you don't want to grab LEDs now at all .

i kind of doubt the LED unit is that big. maybe it only ships alone for fragility reasons?

Zerojul

you can combine PG LED unit box with PG Unicorn in the same shipping
You're absolutely right, but unfortunately LEDs are sold out atm. I was too late for the preorders, and now I'm trying to decide whether to order the Unicorn now while it's still available and wait for the LEDs to be back on stock later, and pay shipping twice, or to simply wait until both are in stock at the same time and save on shipping costs.

i kind of doubt the LED unit is that big. maybe it only ships alone for fragility reasons?
That's very plausible, yes. Thanks for the input :)

Ken

hum, well december is still a ways to go so maybe wait a bit? i suppose then you run the risk of PG Unicorn selling out but that'd be better for your wallet!

Ryuuroden

The LED's should be like parcel envelope size based on LED kit stuff I ordered in the past for my lego MOCS and so on.

I kind of just want to say fuck it and not pay for my September order from AmiAmi......
Kind of a dick thing to do. Imagine if you ran a business and a customer ordered stuff, you then get it and he cancels at the last minute.

I understand canceling in advance but not when the items are in or in transit

Zerojul

hum, well december is still a ways to go so maybe wait a bit? i suppose then you run the risk of PG Unicorn selling out but that'd be better for your wallet!
Might as well do that. There will eventually be a rerun in case I miss it so that's no big deal. I still have a pretty huge MG backlog, and tons of other stuff to buy anyway ;)

Arclaid

Think I might need to join Figure Addicts Anonymous. Been contemplating about cancelling two of the three scaled figures I have ordered.

And then move that money into my Kirby recruitment fund.

george_us

That's not a lack of control, that is the next logical step. *salutes*

I'm getting those two + Queen of the Dead, Death's Siren (she's castoffable), and Cleopsis Eater of the Dead... Well, that is if the Queen of the Dead comes out like her prototype, if not I'll be too worried about the final quality of these figures to actually pre-order the rest of them...
Do Sideshow Collectibles have problems with quality control? Would be a shame if the Court of the Dead statues came out as anything less than stellar. Their prototypes have looked incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom