• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
How hard was it to get glass doors for them? o_o

Ikea Morliden doors with the black/white cardboard removed.

Very nice!

Where did you get the lights and risers from? Brand? Cost? I'd like to do the same for my Nendos.

The lights are just Ikea Dioders. I placed them behind Ikea Montera cable management thingies, as well as using those to hide the cables.

Risers are brandless things I got from some shop which sells shop accessories like acrylic displays. 25cm wide, 5-10-15cm high, 7cm deep.

I thought about putting Shinku in her suitcase, but instead put her sitting on a Sylvanian Families chair.

flair4763_xl.jpg

I need help with Sorceress. What's the best way of getting the staff on her hand without breaking the fingers/thumb?

I just did this last weekend. You have to kind of pry her fingers open and slide the grip in there. PVC has some give to it, so as long as you're careful, you can bend them a bit without breaking them off.

How hard was it to get glass doors for them? o_o

They're specifically made for the billy. I think they're called billy valbo glass doors or something. They're expensive, though. About $50 each when the bookcase itself costs about $80.

They're also a pain in the balls to install.

omlet

Kiddy Grade?
Eclair:
BzFMxtZ.jpg

Got some Billy bookcases a while ago. Added lights, glass doors, risers. Still in the process of filling them up. Tempted to add more lights.

That looks really good, man. I like how the Billy w/lights setup looks but I didn't even know they had glass doors as an option. I might have to switch to those if I could find someone who would take DETOLFs off my hands. Hmmm. How much did that setup cost you with lights and doors?

Whatever I do, I need to do it fast.

I just got two kitties today from local shelter. They have a spare bedroom to themselves for now but once they get acclimated and I let them roam the rest of the house, there could be trouble if they get into my figure/electronics room since I currently have 5 figures on desk/shelf out in the open lol.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That looks really good, man. I like how the Billy w/lights setup looks but I didn't even know they had glass doors as an option. I might have to switch to those if I could find someone who would take DETOLFs off my hands. Hmmm. How much did that setup cost you with lights and doors?

Full-height Billy bookcase is €60.
2x Full-height Morliden doors is 2x €50.

3x Dioder lights (non-RGB) is 3x €20.
2x Montera cable management is 2x €5.

Not pictured:
Half-height Billy bookcase is €50.
2x Half-height Morliden doors is 2x €30.
2x Synas display boxes is 2x €30.

Full-height Billy bookcase is €60.
2x Full-height Morliden doors is 2x €50.

3x Dioder lights (non-RGB) is 3x €20.
2x Montera cable management is 2x €5.

Not pictured:
Half-height Bill bookcase is €50.
2x Half-height Morliden doors is 2x €30.
2x Synas display boxes is 2x €30.

Euros? Shit. You paid more than I did. I bought a billy and two of the glass doors before I bought any lighting, and it cost me just a smidge under $200 for the three pieces.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I highly recommend anchoring the bookcase. With both glass doors open it wants to fall over immediately.

I highly recommend anchoring the bookcase. With both glass doors open it wants to fall over immediately.

I anchored it first thing. I'm the paranoid type who couldn't imagine NOT doing so. I want to grab another billy to replace another bookcase I have (to use for actual books), but I see no reason to buy glass doors and shit for that one.

Looks alright though I'm not feeling the pose at certain angles in that picture.

I'm pretty sure it was a GK first, because this isn't the first time I've seen that Elin. As for Flare, it would seem that it's a new company, but the head of Flare is also the head of Alter. At least that's what I gather based on MFC comments.

omlet

Thanks for the breakdown. There's no Ikea store where I live but I've actually got two business trips next month to somewhere where there is one, so I'm hoping to have time to go by and look at some things. I might just stick with DETOLF since I have 2 already, but the reflective property of the white shelving in the Billy is really nice when you add lights. I'm just not sure they'd fit in my car (while I know that DETOLF will).

Ken

I'm pretty sure it was a GK first, because this isn't the first time I've seen that Elin. As for Flare, it would seem that it's a new company, but the head of Flare is also the head of Alter. At least that's what I gather based on MFC comments.

Yeah it was a GK first.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Thanks for the breakdown. There's no Ikea store where I live but I've actually got two business trips next month to somewhere where there is one, so I'm hoping to have time to go by and look at some things. I might just stick with DETOLF since I have 2 already, but the reflective property of the white shelving in the Billy is really nice when you add lights. I'm just not sure they'd fit in my car (while I know that DETOLF will).

I don't have a car, so I had it delivered. I'm glad I also have the option nowadays to order online, rather than head over there and gather stuff and then hand it over for delivery.
Delivery was €45, but I figure it saved me time and the hassle of carrying everything up a floor.

And yeah, I specifically chose white for best lighting. Still think it's a tad too dark. Perhaps I should've used more than 2 Dioder strips per shelf. I still need to buy some lights for the other bookcase.

omlet

I don't have a car, so I had it delivered. I'm glad I also have the option nowadays to order online, rather than head over there and gather stuff and then hand it over for delivery.
Delivery was €45, but I figure it saved me time and the hassle of carrying everything up a floor.

Nearest Ikea to me is 4 hours away by car. I'm not sure they'd even deliver that far and if they did it would probably be the same price for me to just spend money on gas to drive there myself. :| Making a note to myself to call and ask them on Monday...

Nearest Ikea to me is 4 hours away by car. I'm not sure they'd even deliver that far and if they did it would probably be the same price for me to just spend money on gas to drive there myself. :| Making a note to myself to call and ask them on Monday...

Depending on what you buy, it's sometimes best to just rent a van or something.

Toki767

Wish they'd make more of the other servants. I'd take a nice Archer or Lancer figure. Gilgamesh too if they get a nice golden paint job on the armor.

I feel like Saber and Miku have the most figures out of like...any other character.

Bombless

miku announced at miku expo by MF

I_Kyubey1413091298.jpeg

The pose looks extremely familiar to me. Can't put my finger on the origin though. Maybe Josephine Baker?

Yikes. Are those talons?

umm...is something wrong with her feet? It looks really weird.

Those are some freaky Miku feet.

I think we've hit peak Miku.

You people are bad and you should feel bad.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Thought I'd be having a break from shopping since Ami's closed for two days.

Nope! Silly old me went searching through their pre-owned section and bought his first Robot Spirits. Haven't bought a "realistic" mecha in ages...not since Gundam Wing 1/100 kits first hit stateside.

Focus? There's no focus. Variety is king. =_=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom