• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
miku announced at miku expo by MF

I_Kyubey1413091298.jpeg

C4p4oYY.jpg

kewlmyc

Figures are a waste of money, but buying a Wii U is just flushing it down the toilet.

Bayo 2 exists on it as well as the superior version of Smash 4. Wii U is a fine console, but only if you like Nintendo games. Not a fan of Nintendo, then yeah, Wii U barely has any games for you.

NEO0MJ

Man, I really wish we could get some actually good quality Dark/Demons Souls statues. The game has so many cool armors and monsters. I'd pay good money for an Artorias statue similar to that Guts statue I've been seeing, and not just him. Ornstein, Quelaag, Gaping Dragon, Penetrator, Sir Alonne, Dark Lurker, Kalameet, False Idol, and so many others would make good choices from those games.

Figures are a waste of money, but buying a Wii U is just flushing it down the toilet.

UglyNeighboringAddax.gif

Einbroch

Banned
Yes, yes, Bayonetta.

How unfortunate it is then that it's not a good game. In fact, I can't think of a single Japanese character action game I like. Sad, honestly.

Einbroch

Banned
Hey, I played the game to completion. I'm not just blindly slamming it.

Tastes, etc. Character action games, specifically Japanese ones, have great gameplay...but that's it. The story is always either incoherent or awful and the characters, while usually interesting, are ciringeworthy and flat. I need more. If you don't, more power to ya. I wish I was in your shoes.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member

Hogwash! Bought my Wii U on Day 1. No regrets whatsoever.

Just you wait...there will be a Nintendo x Nendoroid All-Stars announcement. Mario, Luigi, Shizue and Link Nendos? It's just the beginning...

And then you'll be a Wii U convert. *rubs hands gleefully*

Einbroch

Banned
What games do you like, then?!

Oh, plenty. I think I'm just over Japanese games as a whole. Of course, I'm not just gonna dismiss all Japanese games because they're Japanese, that's stupid. I just played through both Danganronpa games and thought they were fantastic. But man, Japanese developers (as a whole) really need to step up their storytelling. I got two hours into the latest Ar tonelico game and had to return it.

I'm super stoked for Dragon Age II, Far Cry 4, and I'm playing Shadow of Mordor. Story is at least (hopefully) serviceable in these games. Just finished Dust and thought it was outstanding (character art aside).

Why in God's name would you care about the story in a video game?

I dunno, why did The Last of Us win so many GotY awards? Why was The Walking Dead so popular and critically well received?

Settin

Tastes, etc. Character action games, specifically Japanese ones, have great gameplay...but that's it. The story is always either incoherent or awful and the characters, while usually interesting, are ciringeworthy and flat. I need more. If you don't, more power to ya. I wish I was in your shoes.
Normal is the tutorial. Non-stop infinite climax is the game.

NEO0MJ

Oh, plenty. I think I'm just over Japanese games as a whole. Of course, I'm not just gonna dismiss all Japanese games because they're Japanese, that's stupid. I just played through both Danganronpa games and thought they were fantastic. But man, Japanese developers (as a whole) really need to step up their storytelling. I got two hours into the latest Ar tonelico game and had to return it.

I'm super stoked for Dragon Age II, Far Cry 4, and I'm playing Shadow of Mordor. Story is at least (hopefully) serviceable in these games. Just finished Dust and thought it was outstanding (character art aside).

I can understand, a friend of mine went through a similar transition as well. Not many games with a heavy/good storylines on Wii U. Maybe Xenoblade Chronicles X but I have no idea how good the original Xenoblade's story was. There's also SMT X FE but being a crossover I don't think it will have good plot.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
By the way, there is that upcoming Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem game for Wii U. Hope we'll hear more about that in the next few months.

I mainly play RPGs (of all types), VNs and fighting games. Puzzles & LEGO games, too.

Blah blah...

Einbroch

Banned
The Last of Us actually had good gameplay. Haven't played TWD so I couldn't tell you.

But would you play The Last of Us if it didn't have a story? If it was just "Hey, Ellie, we have to make it to X."

"Okay, Joel." and then the mission loaded?

Probably not. Or at least it wouldn't have been as influential/important/whatever as it was. So that's why story matters.

I can understand, a friend of mine went through a similar transition as well. Not many games with a heavy/good storylines on Wii U. Maybe Xenoblade Chronicles X but I have no idea how good the original Xenoblade's story was. There's also SMT X FE but being a crossover I don't think it will have good plot.

And that's fine! My "Wii U garbage" comment just tongue-in-cheek anyway. Play what you like.

yami4ct

Playing around with my SHF Zangetsu Shin a bit.

God dang the quality of the SHF Gaim line is sooo good. Why can't the other figure lines I buy be this consistent? I've basically had zero QC issues with these guys. Some minor paint problems on Kachidoki arms, but it's so small an issue and there's so much paint on that guy that it's amazing that they can mass produce that figure with just one or two minor errors. The paint used and sculpts in general are amazing.

Wish Bandai's anime SHF were a bit better looking. Something about them feel a bit cheap compared to the Kamen Rider lines. Will probably be buying Char anyway.

Bombless

On the topic of that new Max Factory Miku, I am sorely dissapointed to learn that she isn't in fact mid jump, she is falling.

Standing upright had a very distinct callback to the 1920-40s posters of black dancing/music/cabaret shows that were popular in France (in no small part due to Josephine Baker). I'm super sad that it isn't. On other other hand, I'm curious to see how they would go to display the figure itself.

Mmmm...

Okay! I'm gonna do it!
Sixty kirby's, that's like Mass Attack in real life! :O

I approve of this!

kewlmyc

By the way, there is that upcoming Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem game for Wii U. Hope we'll hear more about that in the next few months.

I mainly play RPGs (of all types), VNs and fighting games. Puzzles & LEGO games, too.

Blah blah...

I really hope that game isn't vaporware.

george_us

But would you play The Last of Us if it didn't have a story? If it was just "Hey, Ellie, we have to make it to X."

"Okay, Joel." and then the mission loaded?

Probably not. Or at least it wouldn't have been as influential/important/whatever as it was. So that's why story matters.
Dark Souls is my favorite game of the generation and it arguably has less of a story then what you just used as an example, so yes I still would have played it.

Dark Souls is my favorite game of the generation and it arguably has less of a story then what you just used as an example, so yes I still would have played it.

Dark Souls actually has a pretty deep story. They just don't spoonfeed it to you the way most games do. If you're interested in the story, you have to explore the game world and piece things together. I've seen entire GAF threads just dedicated to Dark Souls lore.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Playing around with my SHF Zangetsu Shin a bit.

God dang the quality of the SHF Gaim line is sooo good. Why can't the other figure lines I buy be this consistent? I've basically had zero QC issues with these guys. Some minor paint problems on Kachidoki arms, but it's so small an issue and there's so much paint on that guy that it's amazing that they can mass produce that figure with just one or two minor errors. The paint used and sculpts in general are amazing.

Wish Bandai's anime SHF were a bit better looking. Something about them feel a bit cheap compared to the Kamen Rider lines. Will probably be buying Char anyway.

Pretty nifty. I've been looking at SHF listings on AmiAmi for a while but I'm just working on a few Robot Spirits for now.

Are you going to get Super Hero Generation for PS3/Vita?

Ultimadrago

Tastes, etc. Character action games, specifically Japanese ones, have great gameplay...but that's it. The story is always either incoherent or awful and the characters, while usually interesting, are cringeworthy and flat. I need more. If you don't, more power to ya. I wish I was in your shoes.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Bayonetta either. She's alright, but I wouldn't purchase/justify a WiiU for her sequel. Now if I happened to already have a WiiU, I would likely get the game
on discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom