• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

I dunno Bombless, you seem to be very vocal about not ordering Shiro, more so than normal. I think it is just you trying to convince yourself it isn't gonna get ordered. When deep down you know the opposite is true. Why torture yourself buddy, hit that preorder button. Everything will be all better then :D

The thing is we were in the middle of a discussion about how figure prices had skyrocketed and everyone is asking ridiculous prices for relatively small figures, then suddenly OMG SO CUTE ORDERING RIGHT NOW.

This is why the prices go up heh.

kewlmyc

The thing is we were in the middle of a discussion about how figure prices had skyrocketed and everyone is asking ridiculous prices for relatively small figures, then suddenly OMG SO CUTE ORDERING RIGHT NOW.

Haha, so true.

But...but...

tumblr_n6hs735C0n1qzdctco1_400.jpg

Settin

Call the cops, I don't give a fuck.

Catching up with the thread and saw that Shiro figure is a whole thing in here. I ordered it a couple of days ago. I don't think I've spoken out against recent pricing either, so I'm not a hypocrite :p

EDIT: Haha, guess what I just ordered.

Good job you're buying that new. A customs document saying "used toy" with a box that shape would stigmatize you with your local postal worker forever. Or spark their interest, depending on their personal life.

kewlmyc

Good job you're buying that new. A customs document saying "used toy" with a box that shape would stigmatize you with your local postal worker forever. Or spark their interest, depending on their personal life.

It would be even worse since it's being delivered to my job. :p

I'm buying it because I love HxH and the figure can double as a rapier.
Reminds me I have to start watching HunterxHunter anime XD
Catching up with the thread and saw that Shiro figure is a whole thing in here. I ordered it a couple of days ago. I don't think I've spoken out against recent pricing either, so I'm not a hypocrite :p
Figure GAF has no integrity confirmed =P
Glad I've been sticking to my guns on figures based on series I really like XD.
It would be even worse since it's being delivered to my job. :p
Bet they'll open the box for a peek =P especially if they used X-rays and see it's sculpt XD

kewlmyc

Reminds me I have to start watching HunterxHunter anime XD
DO IT NOW! One of the only shounen series of late that I can tolerate. It's damn good even if the author is lazy and the Chimera Ant arc's pacing is DBZ levels of awful at times.

Bet they'll open the box for a peek =P especially if they used X-rays and see it's sculpt XD

I'm not sure which one they'll be more disappointed in: a dildo or a "children's toy".

Can you help me out here a bit FigureGAF? I just got my first Revoltech, a EVA-08 Beta ver. and the leg joints don't seem to move too well. Is it possible to take apart the joints and put them back together or do something else to improve the movement?

I don't have EVA-08, but most Revoltech joints can be taken out and replaced with new joints.
What is the movement like? Is it really loose or is it more on the stiff side?

Aerocrane

I don't have EVA-08, but most Revoltech joints can be taken out and replaced with new joints.
What is the movement like? Is it really loose or is it more on the stiff side?

It is really stiff. Somehow one of the legs wasn't attached properly, but fixing that didn't effect the mobility. The leg joints move only about one click and even that is difficult. All other joints move just fine, it is just the larger joints that connect the legs that are being difficult.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I cheated by forcing myself to watch No Game No Life, convincing myself to like the show, then pre ordering her highness.

You can too!!!!

It is not that had of a show! Also on crunchyroll!

arhra

If he's ordering from AmiAmi, he'll get it in a box the size of a small coffin.

I've had figures about that big before (I have a full set of FREEing's 1/4 scale Nanoha bunnygirls), and AmiAmi just don't seem to have a box that fits them neatly, so you get their ridiculously huge one instead.

kewlmyc

Whelp. I emailed some cancellation requests to AmiAmi. Pray for me, figurebros.

I cancelled 5 items yesterday (one was the Kat I was giving you shit about). I'll just get it when it bargin bins, same with Koto Ikaros and Plum's Mushibugyo. Just have a good excuse ready.

It is really stiff. Somehow one of the legs wasn't attached properly, but fixing that didn't effect the mobility. The leg joints move only about one click and even that is difficult. All other joints move just fine, it is just the larger joints that connect the legs that are being difficult.

If this is a brand new figure then it might just be a matter of breaking it in. When I got my Gurren Lagann EX set I noticed the same issue with TTGL's legs, but it didnt really bother me that much.
Generally speaking, the more you use it, the more movement you'll get out if it like any other poseable figure. I've never done it before, but you can try to play with the joint itself for a bit and get it to move more. If it's really bothering you then you can always buy replacement joints online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom