• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Barakamon.

I plan to! Go watch Nozaki!

imagexouul.png

The real reason you wanted me to switch back lol

javac

I've been cancelling a bunch of my orders and I saw that Link Nendo is coming out soon, is giving pre-orders to other people a thing you can do, and if so is anybody interested or should I just cancel?

EDIT: First time I've been on AmiAmi in ages, site looks weird.

omlet

AmiAmi back from break.

Times are good. I rarely actually pull the trigger on anything in their preowned section but I like spending my nights looking through it.

Browsed through last night, a few things that caught my eye but nothing purchased. Need to recover from this last order.

I came across this http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-04694 and it's kind of cute, hadn't ever seen it before, but not buying it for that price when it's only "kind of cute" (besides I have enough shelf-hog figures as it is).

Also I saw the Little Busters nobinobi pants figure for the first time and can't unsee that. NSFW but if you search it you'll find it. Japan pls.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Anyway, looks like I have to pay for more customs charges tomorrow when I pick up 2 packages. I wonder what's in them!

Anyway, looks like I have to pay for more customs charges tomorrow when I pick up 2 packages. I wonder what's in them!

Currently waiting on two Racing Miku-related packages myself. They've been sat in customs for days, it just seems to take longer and longer. Only going to get worse as we get closer to Christmas :(

omlet

When would you say having figurines of the same character too much?

I guess it depends on the character... My collection only has one character duplicated, and that's Saber, because Lily Saber and Refined Saber are basically nothing alike besides hair style. I don't even have duplicates of characters I like better than her, either.

So I'm going to say for me 2 is pushing it and 3's a crowd, but these numbers allow wiggle room for things like "a clearly superior version came out and I haven't sold my older one yet" situations. Any more than that and you are clearly obsessed!

Only one Miku here, GSC's series 01 version representing.

Ultimadrago

This question warrants a larger response from me than I thought, but for your immediate answer: Anything more than three standard-sized figures.

In more depth, I would separate these cases from a qualitative/sub-group basis considering trading/mini-figures (which commonly have multiple, differing units of one character. Prize figures and scales, being more sizable, is what I would count first and foremost here.

For example, if I had only trading figures of any given character (let's say four units of them), I wouldn't think it's "borderline" as they're tiny and in smaller numbers don't necessarily function as "Holy Grails" or "set pieces".

If I have a prize figure to add along as well with them, I still don't think it's too much as I'd have 1 standard figure and a number of complementary tiny figures. Now if I own two scales, a prize figure and two trading figure boxsets worth of the character (Maybe for about 3-6 trading figs of them in total), I'd start furrowing mine brow at the saturation.

Again, that's simply my arbitrary paradigms for the situation as a hard rule pertaining to anything that can be identified as a figure simply comes off silly to me ("I will hold back from buying this awesome 1/8th I want because I already have the Nendo/Trading figure!"). Still, I didn't have a problem selling my Hidamari Sketch prize figures off when I was downsizing recently because I owned the Goodsmile Nendoroids for both characters already.

It was a call made based off of perceived value between the figures and the space they took. Keeping varied sculpting differences in mind, my general tier list in order of getting rid of figures when cutting down on a certain series/character is:

- Mini/Trading-figures: But it usually doesn't come to this since they're so tiny and each character has a reasonable number per set

- Prize figures: Some bust the chops of scaled counterparts, but it's not often. These are usually the first to go

- Nendoroids: Good Smile's nendoroids are great, but they're only SD. Therefore depending on how greatly I prioritize a character/series, I could be satisfied with just it or demand keeping it and a "standard proportion" figure of the character: like Hakase and Nano in my collection

- Scaled figures: Reign supreme. If a good one showed up for a character I loved, yet I already had more than three standard figures from the previous groups, I would very likely sell off the weakest link(s) from the pack to make room for this.

Now obviously, there can be extremes on the trading figure side (like owning twenty of one character or having five separate boxsets for a series), but I'm not considering that in these examples. If it did get that rough, I would likely get rid of a box or two.

For my thoughts on the extremes in character collection go, as far as novel spectacle goes, it always entertains me to see pictures of "Shrines" and literal kingdoms for a single character. But in actuality and preference, I would never do something like this and dislike the lack of variation that can come from having too much of a single character. Obviously, collectors with notably large collections have an easier time with this as they usually have plenty of other figures.

I have two bishoujo Wonder Woman figures, and am contemplating a third with Koto's 1/6 ArtFX Wonder Woman coming out next month. I have Koto's 1/6 Asuka, and I'm buying Alter's this month. I'd say I'm pretty close to cutting myself off on both characters.

Ken

it's so scary emailing amiami even though I'm just asking them to change my GG Xrd order to the new one with the mouse pad

So I'm going to say for me 2 is pushing it and 3's a crowd, but these numbers allow wiggle room for things like "a clearly superior version came out and I haven't sold my older one yet" situations. Any more than that and you are clearly obsessed!

For my thoughts on the extremes in character collection go, as far as novel spectacle goes, it always entertains me to see pictures of "Shrines" and literal kingdoms for a single character. But in actuality and preference, I would never do something like this and dislike the lack of variation that can come from having too much of a single character.

>_>

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Here's a quick pic of the nine Nendos I bought last month. It was all catching up...as I finally completed the runs for Queen's Blade and Disgaea. And keeping up with Kan Colle.

Wish I could unbox and display them all now but I need to buy a new Billy with glass doors so to avoid dealing with dust later.

Now buying Nendos from other shows...

sept-nendos.jpg

If it is a character you really like I see no reason not ordering multiple figures of them.

People should feel blessed their characters are getting multiple figures while many out there are just lucky to even get trading figures.

kewlmyc

If it is a character you really like I see no reason not ordering multiple figures of them.

People should feel blessed their characters are getting multiple figures while many out there are just lucky to even get trading figures.

aka fans of D-Frag. I would kill for a Takao figure.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
sample
543BDF26485FFE000F

retail
543BDE6E3846620001

people who got her seems to be reporting the problem with left hand position.

Also the hair gradation is bad in the retail version they say.

I checked out this thread with more pics: (NSFW) http://dat.2chan.net/46/res/757091.htm

The hand positions look different because the arm hasn't been attached properly when taking those pics. Possibly when switching faces or clothes. In other pictures from apparently the same source, the arm is properly attached. So it doesn't seem like a manufacturing defect.

xeros_hand.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom